Job Network
Sponsored by

Content Writing Intern Wanted

4,815 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cjo03
cjo03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gig em 02 said:

You also named your business after one of the largest real estate companies in the world. IP issues aside, have you considered hiring a real marketing person? You are non-existent in basic google searches and I'm not sure that archaic SEO articles are going to help you take down that billion dollar company.

I'm with most of the posters here that would encourage an alternative approach to seeking talent...

but I don't think his handle is the biz name. Biz is top google result when I searched for the 2 words in his company name.
gig em 02
lol, I still don't even know what the company's name is!
cjo03
AG
gig em 02 said:

lol, I still don't even know what the company's name is!

From the outdoor board: https://www.migrateoutfitters.com/

It's a good idea.
bthotugigem05
AG
It's an awesome business idea and I hope they do really well with it.
Premium
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

It's an awesome business idea and I hope they do really well with it.

How many on this board have purchased anything on their website?
bthotugigem05
AG
I haven't, and I was probably the most vocal critic of them trying to get away with not paying money for creative work but I still think it's a great idea.
Chipotlemonger
AG
You get what you pay for with this kind of work. Would be smarter to pay an efficient, effective, experienced writer than try to get free work from college kids who have not worked in the field before.
JamesPShelley
OK. I bit. Pun intended.

I visited that site... clicked on a few of their excursions reading the descriptions and, if the rest of the excursions descriptions language is as challenging as the three I visited... they need professional help. Grammatical errors abound. Likely they have no editor and, I'm guessing, they have only one writer. Could an intern help them overcome the plethora flaws upon those pages? Perhaps. Likely.

If that company arranged for an intern to receive academic credit, it could be a win for the intern and the company. The prices illustrated upon the site pages reveal they could pay someone at least minimum wage.

When I hung my shingle in 2006 I used Craigslist to scout writing projects, subscribing to RSS feeds. Until I abandoned that channel, around 2012 or so, I recognized time and time again over the years the same posts time and time again from the same companies seeking writers who wanted to gain "valuable experience". To this day I recognize those same "cut and paste" ads when on occasion I visit CL. There are people who feed (or should I say eat) on the efforts of those who desire to establish themselves as a writer and, as evidenced as the same CL ads running for better than a decade reveal... it isn't slowing down. Hopefully the OP isn't exercising the same MO.

The manner in which the OP employs his/her language responding to commentary in this thread isn't reconciling with the manner in which the language is employed in the existing advertisements language upon their site. It is clear already they have someone authoring the excursions entries, and it isn't the OP. I would suggest it is an ESL personality.

In my opinion, the OP would be better served by first cleaning up the language upon their site THEN seeking a writer to maintain that momentum... and paying them. For right now... there really is no upside to authoring content for a website... in eschange for "experience" and to "build your portfolio"... that, in the whole scheme of things, no one is going to see.

Just my $.02
Rosco
AG
Hi James, thank you for the comment. You also wrote a resume for me back in the day... You did a great job! Our listings are created by our hosts. We give them advice, but ultimately they have full control. Highly recommend James for resume writing btw.
Rosco
AG
And yes... I paid James lol
Rosco
AG
The work our interns do really is up to them. It's a "make it what you want" kind of gig. The original wording of the post had some admitted errors. First, I guess I should introduce myself now... My name is Greg and I am the founder of Migrate. The tone was meant to find the grinder type, the driven, and do what it takes type. Secondly, it's obviously a very busy time for us and was just sending out a quick message. Luckily... we still found some great people and they are enjoying having the learn whatever you want because we need help everywhere atmosphere. I'm an idea guy and startegy guy. I'll be the first to say I'm not the grammar or communication degree guy. Happy to hear some of you think it's a good idea! We just launched this year. Excited for what's to come!! Gig em! All ideas are truly appreciated. And for money? We have NONE! This is fully bootstrapped. No one is getting paid.
cjo03
AG
GrayStar said:

...I'm an idea guy and startegy guy. I'll be the first to say I'm not the grammar or communication degree guy...

And sometimes the content just writes itself...

Appreciate the new perspective - and still a good idea if you can make it profitable!

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.