Job Network
Sponsored by

ExxonMobil Financial Analyst Leadership Development Program

4,827 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TKEAg04
CustomMadeSuit10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been recently approached by a recruiter from XOM for a position in their Finance Leadership Development Program. Based on brochures she forwarded, the program offers candidates the opportunity to rotate through various departments/functions throughout the company.

Does anyone have any insight into this program and if it is worth applying & interviewing for? My questions mainly focus on the quality of the program/experiences, if they do a good job of taking care of their people, how do promotions work, what is the level of office politics, etc

For reference: I am currently at a Big 4 firm and have been here since Feb 2016. Prior to that I have 5.5 years experience working in internal audit groups.

A big thanks in advance for any help ya'll can provide.
suburban cowboy
AG
Don't know anything about the program but worst case scenario you have XOM on your resume.
HBCanine08
AG
Go.
LostInLA07
AG
Yes go. The finance / MBA development programs at the super majors are excellent. Their complex and global operations provide awesome opportunities even if you only plan to stay for 5 years.

I've not worked for XOM (I have worked for another super major) but office politics and work/life balance couldn't possible be worse than a big 4.
TKEAg04
AG
I did something similar with CVX, but on the engineering side for 4 years and it was a fantastic experience. I worked and lived in 3 countries in 4 years and got to work on some of the most complex projects around. All of the supermajors have programs like this for the different functions.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.