Job Network
Sponsored by

Permian Basin - Oil & Gas opportunities?

8,878 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by slowmach
fta09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have you tried going the service company route? Anyone I talk to at those companies talks about how they're fighting to find people and equipment to keep up with the work, especially in the Permian.

Also, hit up SPE meetings, young professional meetings, LinkedIn, etc. Rub shoulders as much as you can since so often it is who you know if you want a job.
a.froman
AG
Maybe try Double Eagle. They just received a 1 Billion dollar private equity commitment. Even though their home base is Fort Worth, operations are run out of Midland. Their website has the midland contact info
slowmach
fta09 said:

Have you tried going the service company route? Anyone I talk to at those companies talks about how they're fighting to find people and equipment to keep up with the work, especially in the Permian.

Also, hit up SPE meetings, young professional meetings, LinkedIn, etc. Rub shoulders as much as you can since so often it is who you know if you want a job.
I worked 5 years on the service side, not saying I wouldn't go back but would like somewhere I can have a career in Midland, not a short term fix. It was great experience and I learned a lot but they run you into the ground and would have to move to Houston to have any career progression.

I haven't had any luck on linkedln but will continue to network.
slowmach
a.froman said:

Maybe try Double Eagle. They just received a 1 Billion dollar private equity commitment. Even though their home base is Fort Worth, operations are run out of Midland. Their website has the midland contact info
I saw the press release but have not reached out to them. Thank you for the help!
TAL06RES
AG
slowmach, I know a company looking for completion/production engineers but they are based in Houston with properties around Bryan/College Station.

I'll send you a PM with my contact info if you are interested.
FrickinFracker
AG
Are they looking for multiple? I'm finishing up my Msc Pet E at LSU (after being laid off from Shell in '15) and about to get back to the job hunt
TAL06RES
AG
I'm not sure how many they are looking for. I can find out though.
Boring Username
AG
I think Pioneer might be looking for Drilling Engineers.
slowmach
Thank you, I applied.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.