Freshman Applications

2,265 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TAMUAdmissions
ag97tx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son will be applying in August and I just have a couple of questions.

He already sent SAT scores but since he doesn't have an application on file yet will they link those scores to him or does he have to send them again once he applies?

He just received an unofficial transcript from his school and realized his social security number isn't on it. I called the school and they said he has never had a ssn on his file. It must have been optional when he started kinder or it was just never entered. I have given his ssn to the school now but she wasn't sure if it would show on the transcripts he request this summer. If A&M receives a transcript without his ssn can they still match it to him by dob, address, etc? And should transcripts be sent prior to August 1st or after he actually submits the application?
TAMUAdmissions
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The scores will be linked so he does not need to send them again. We actually prefer not seeing the social security number on transcripts. And remember that SRAR replaces the high school transcripts used by the Office of Admissions during the initial admission process in most cases (https://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/apply). Your son should study that link thoroughly. We prefer the application first before other documents anyway. We are able to match documents received.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.