Appeal - in state student charged out of state tuition

1,999 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by double b
TomballAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter started at Lone Star College in Houston, then went to Blinn before getting into A&M. She is on target to graduate in May 2021. This semester she was told that because of her amount of total hours she has to pay out of state tuition. So we are appealing. We have the detailed degree plan provided by her academic advisor.

Has anyone on here successfully appealed this type of situation? If so, any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.
AggieAdvisor16
AG
No specific advice to add, but I've had several of my students, especially transfer students, win their appeal.
Jackson57
Our daughter was originally denied a change of major request because she would have too many hours. After an appeal she was granted admission and will graduate with 168 hours all in-state tuition. She had AP and dual credit hours which don't count against and two minors. She worked with the registrar and had to submit a formal appeal.
double b
AG
She must have completed over 150% of the hours required of her degree plan. Good luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.