Meal plans

2,784 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GoAgs92
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
freshman kid next year....any meal plan advice? What are the Aggie bucks good for these days?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
I think the Aggie bucks are good at the fast food places on campus like chick fil a, panda, which which, and others. They automatically put you on a mid level plan if you don't choose one and are living in a dorm. I think it was around $1,500 -$1,600 bucks last year ? You can always add money to a plan but if you buy the most expensive plan it's use it or lose it.
GoAgs92
AG
Seems like 2 meals per day is plenty.
histag10
AG
Aggie Bucks are no longer a thing. I think it is now called Dining Dollars and they can only be used on campus
sek92
AG
Dining dollars carry over thru the 2 semesters but the number of meals dont
hijakeroo123
AG
I will say from experience, do not buy the larger sized meal plans. Most of the campus food is mediocre quality and overpriced, and your freshman will get burned out on most of the options within a couple of months. Also, regardless of whether they have a car, they will likely be going off campus to eat with friends quite often, especially early on when their Fish Camp/Impact Camp will likely be doing organized events together. More meals can always be added later if needed.
The one exception is if they are in the Corps, which mandates certain meals for march in, and also logistically makes going off campus more difficult due to being in uniform.
ag009
AG
Don't do a meal plan. Just give your kid a food budget and let them learn to manage it.
hijakeroo123
AG
If OP's freshman is living on campus, they are required to purchase a meal plan now unfortunately.
ag009
AG
What?! Gosh I feel old even though I am class of 2013. Man, that's a bummer.
GoAgs92
AG
Thanks Everyone!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.