Physics 208

2,855 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GIF Reactor
Aggie_Boomin 21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is this really as bad of a class as everyone says it is? I'm taking it next semester and haven't decided if I should take it somewhere else yet. If I should take it through a school that isn't A&M, any recommendations?
jamaggie06
AG
If you're solid in calculus you'll be ok. If you struggle with calculus and the core concepts, taking it for credit somewhere else may be ideal. Will they let you? Back when I was in school, three or so classes were "blocked" together.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Yeah I know people that have taken this at Blinn so you can take this off campus, and it seems they aren't lacking anything. A concern is that I have heard it contains a decent amount of calculus II & III, and this is my first semester so I'll have only completed Cal I by next semester.
CivilAg10
AG
If you're taking Cal II next semester, you may consider pushing 208 back to the summer. I took diff eq and 208 at the same time; I would not want to take 208 and 152 in the same semester. Ymmv

Based on your username, I'd advise you to really learn circuits... then just make it through the rest.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Appreciate the feedback, the Entry To A Major advisors told everyone that three engineering disciplines, civil being one of them, have to complete both 218 and 208 before they can get into their desired major, and I'd like to do that at the end of next semester like most people.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I took a 208 equivalent at ACC aover the summer between my freshman and sophomore years. I don't remember not being admitted into the upper level MEEN classes my sophomore year during registration, even though I hadn't finished the first core year yet technically.

That being said, it was still not a cake walk. If you're flexible I think that taking it over the summer might be worthwhile.
BushyWiesel
I took PHYS 208 while I took calc 3 and it worked out well for me. Keep in mind that I took PHYS 208 Don't Panic. I don't know if they still have "Don't Panic", but if they do, I would recommend taking it.
helloag99
Is Saslow still teaching it. I took it more times than I care to remember.
Token
AG
I remember that class. Absolutely one of the worst taught classes at a&m.
Win At Life
AG
Token said:

I remember that class. Absolutely one of the worst taught classes at a&m.

That Maxwell guy is a total tool.
GIF Reactor
AG
Is Dr. Fry still around? I took it over the summer years ago and he was great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.