Zilker Park is a mud pit at ACL

5,566 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggie93
ts5641
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Never understood the fascination with all day outdoor music festivals. If you're beyond 22 this should have no appeal to you.
flown-the-coop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Covered amphitheaters wi the fire pit suites and drink service are the next big thing. Forget traipsing through mud and puke to listen to Nicklebox.
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've never understood how an Entertainment topic (marginally) winds up on the Politics board. Sloppy.
flown-the-coop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
milner79 said:

I've never understood how an Entertainment topic (marginally) winds up on the Politics board. Sloppy.
because the leaders in Austin are stoopid libs. See their reaction to the ICE shooting 2 weeks ago.

It's decidedly political.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If they are going to have that event and others there every year, why not get rid of grass altogether? I'm sure there are better options.
samurai_science
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas12&0 said:

This will be like Woodstock '69 with extreme mud mixed with cow manure, except this time mud mixed with human feces.


Woodstock 94 was also mud hell
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

There's doodoo in there.



Post I saw yesterday said Austin Parks had not used Dillon Dirt in Zilker since 2009.

I think that exceeds the 5-second Dropping Food On the Floor rule
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pacifico said:

aggie orbitalwelder said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dillo_Dirt

Huge thing here in Austin until people started to understand exactly what it was.


lol. Never heard of this. Sounds like Austin alright.
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is probably a bigger risk of heavy metals in Dillo Dirt that there is of E. Coli.
txyaloo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

Great leadership and planning from the City of Austin.




It hasn't rained in nearly two months, so there's little to no grass to soak up anything. Explain to the class what you think the City of Austin could have done differently.

Two Step Inn in Georgetown put down hay and plywood this year. It rained a lot that weekend. The entire park smelled like a barn, but didn't turn into a massive mud pit.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm glad I'm too old for this now.
I have no intention of ever standing in pee and poop in the middle of Austin again.


stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TyHolden said:

I'm glad I'm too old for this now.
I have no intention of ever standing in pee and poop in the middle of Austin again.


Large unruly crowds. Recipe for disaster.
Ag CPA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Commander Gorn said:

Austin has a ton of issues. Not really sure how an outdoor music festival being muddy following some pretty good rain is a leadership failure by the city though.

It isn't; this board just loves to ***** and moan about anything.
Thunderstruck xx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
milner79 said:

I've never understood how an Entertainment topic (marginally) winds up on the Politics board. Sloppy.


Politics related because…

…liberals ruining Austin.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag CPA said:

Commander Gorn said:

Austin has a ton of issues. Not really sure how an outdoor music festival being muddy following some pretty good rain is a leadership failure by the city though.

It isn't; this board just loves to ***** and moan about anything.


It's one of our strengths. Lean into it.
Ag CPA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I do as well but expend most of it in the Zoo thanks to the BAS.
Wildmen03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bayou City said:

Worst thread in Texags history

Someone forgot the COVID board exists.
Mat Lanticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wildmen03 said:

Bayou City said:

Worst thread in Texags history

Someone forgot the COVID board exists.
bayou/panda was instrumental in spreading the lunacy
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wildmen03 said:

Bayou City said:

Worst thread in Texags history

Someone forgot the COVID board exists.

And apparently still does after checking the Forum list. Wow!
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dillon Dirt was a "one off" use in 2009. Hasn't been used since.

Videos of the crews trying to manage the mud are hilarious. Bozos on mini skids trying to push mud to a vacuum spot instead of digging a small catch basin with a back hoe.
carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kubiak03 said:

Thats nothing like day 2 of ACL 2009. Was a dillodirt slop fest but a blast. Stopped raining right when Dave Matthews came out.

You get 65,000 plus folks all day on any soaked parkland it's going to be a mess.

I was there. And in 2009 the city had just spent several million putting in new sod at Zilker. It was an absolute slop-fest. Fun time but I think I threw away everything I wore that weekend.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in Austin, and I hate the liberal city leadership. But I don't see how a muddy ACL festival at Zilker Park has to do with politics. I have been to Chilliest 8 times (2014-2019, 2022-2023), and it was rainy and muddy in 2015, 2016, and 2019.
flown-the-coop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It shows a failure of local leadership. HTH.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What should they have done?
flown-the-coop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If artificial turf is good enough for the football and baseball field of their beloved sip teams, it should be good enough for a local park that cannot be adequately maintained in light of the cultural evens and dildo tossing contests.

This **** is not hard. Just takes action. See Trump getting all the fountains in DC working again.
TexasAggiesWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
It was muddy at ACL this year

TexAgs: Blame the damn evil Democrats/Liberals

(There is way too much more to be upset with them about)
samurai_science
How long do you want to ignore this user?
double aught said:

What should they have done?

Grade it to help with drainage.
aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to 3 ACL's. All had perfect sunny weather in the 70s and 80s. Prepared really well with a group and had an absolute blast. Literally were able to sneak in a case of beer every day with a cooler and hard liquor and set up our own little space with our flags and chairs that were tied together in a circle with police tape that gave us space in the middle of the chaos. Have no desire to ever go again, by the 3rd it was getting old and that was with perfect weather. I also know there is no way I would be able to replicate those experiences now for many reasons. Can't imagine the level of suck it would be too have a mudpit, hell no.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.