Sept Jobs: US added just 29,000 jobs and unemployment ticked up

5,147 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by YouBet
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tysker said:

YouBet said:

infinity ag said:

WestAustinAg said:

infinity ag said:

ts5641 said:

infinity ag said:

Rapier108 said:

infinity ag said:

The economy is still bad and job market is in a worse situation. Foreigner work visas are still being given out.
HVAC/Plumber/Handyman jobs may be booming but high paying tech jobs are struggling (for Americans).

Blue color jobs, like the ones you seem to have a disdain for, often make more money than people working in tech.

Not everyone is cut out for tech jobs, pure and simply. Why that seems to be the only sector you focus on 24/7 is rather strange when there are tons of other industries out there.


I don't have disdain for any job that is honest work. But let's not pretend we want our kids to become blue collar as their primary goal (and not fallback)

Even a janitor's job. I myself have worked at a department store cleaning up, bagging, trash compacting etc. I think I made $5/hr. But that was when I was a student.

Blue collar jobs pay lesser than white collar jobs. All the rich guys are white collar. I don't want to be a bus driver or a HVAC guy at this point of life. VP of Engg? Yep.

As an HVAC I may make at most $200k/yr. Tough manual work.
As VP of Engg at Meta, I will make a few Million dollars a year.

See what I mean? These are the jobs stolen from us.




That's a lot of money for people who believe in socialism. Spread the wealth bru!


What we have is not capitalism at all. So I am thinking.. why not try socialism?!

I'd rather have something real that some fake version of something. We don't and never had capitalism. We had some weird ass version where the rich get richer, poor get poorer and the idiots among the poor gaslight the rest of the poor that they are not working hard enough.


Never has someone had to lie so much to themselves and this board in an effort to try to convince themselves that socialism would be cool.


The word socialism seems to trigger some, but I don't mean Mamdani or Bernie style. Our current fake capitalism works for some, not for all. At some point someone will burn it all down in a revolution. So we have to have it so that everyone has opportunities and can have a living if they work. It is not the case now, regardless of the lies people tell themselves about how 'opportunities are there, you just have to look". No.


False. Right now there is roughly 1 job opening for every 1 unemployed person in this country according to BLS and SHRM. As of August, we actually had more job openings than unemployed.

The opportunities are there. People will have to figure out how they can match themselves to these opportunities.

The benefit cliff is real and is a very challenging unintended consequence for those lower-skilled workers entering the workforce. It's not surprising to see labor participation rates decreasing for those on the lower end of the K-shape of the economy


Yeah, I'm not denying we don't have challenges as we undergo what's is seemingly a seismic shift in the workforce. Regarding the K Shaped economy, that is mostly just math taking its inevitable course. If you have been in the market for a decent amount of time, then compounding interest takes over which has been boosted by QE and inflation since 2012. If you weren't investing or are younger then you missed out on years of compounding coming out of The Great Recession. This K shaped divergence is mostly a time in the market outcome and not sinister (other than your feelings on the economic theory of MMT).

Simultaneously, I think math is partially impacting our current job market as well with these debates we are having about men and women diverging. For several years now, college has been 60/40 in favor of women due to DEI preferences and some natural sorting. That is naturally going to lead to more women in the workforce and getting hired more than men. The question is how much of that is a thumb on the scale in favor of women in the first place during college admissions and then on the backend during hiring practices. We know for a fact there has been manipulation of admissions and hiring in favor of women and minorities as it was company policy for most in F250 including my own company. And now a lot of men are giving up based on the perceived (and real in many cases) notion that women are preferred so now you have a doom loop going.

Having said that, there is still a **** ton of opportunity out there for anyone who wants to work hard to capitalize on it. See my brother's example above. All it took was for him to work more after hours to learn something and now he's saved his company millions per year (getting some Indians fired in process - lol).
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
infinity ag said:

Logos Stick said:

infinity ag said:

ts5641 said:

infinity ag said:

Rapier108 said:

infinity ag said:

The economy is still bad and job market is in a worse situation. Foreigner work visas are still being given out.
HVAC/Plumber/Handyman jobs may be booming but high paying tech jobs are struggling (for Americans).

Blue color jobs, like the ones you seem to have a disdain for, often make more money than people working in tech.

Not everyone is cut out for tech jobs, pure and simply. Why that seems to be the only sector you focus on 24/7 is rather strange when there are tons of other industries out there.


I don't have disdain for any job that is honest work. But let's not pretend we want our kids to become blue collar as their primary goal (and not fallback)

Even a janitor's job. I myself have worked at a department store cleaning up, bagging, trash compacting etc. I think I made $5/hr. But that was when I was a student.

Blue collar jobs pay lesser than white collar jobs. All the rich guys are white collar. I don't want to be a bus driver or a HVAC guy at this point of life. VP of Engg? Yep.

As an HVAC I may make at most $200k/yr. Tough manual work.
As VP of Engg at Meta, I will make a few Million dollars a year.

See what I mean? These are the jobs stolen from us.




That's a lot of money for people who believe in socialism. Spread the wealth bru!


What we have is not capitalism at all. So I am thinking.. why not try socialism?!

I'd rather have something real that some fake version of something. We don't and never had capitalism. We had some weird ass version where the rich get richer, poor get poorer and the idiots among the poor gaslight the rest of the poor that they are not working hard enough.



The rich got rich by providing services and products that improved the lives of the poors. The poors were not forced to exchange their cash for those products and services. The poors willingly exchanged it.The rich didn't steal it from the poor, as you imply.

A nothing statement.
What you say sounds good in theory and for likes on the internet. But not in practice.
There isn't much opportunity left in the US anymore in modern tech and innovation and forward looking work. The Boomers love HVAC, plumbing, being an electrician, and that can make you some money but those are not innovative or intellectual work beyond a point. No offense to anyone because I know HVAC has a lot of fans.

The only way out of this is to close the country off and not let immigrants in (unless they are visiting) and not offshore jobs.

Today's poors have no options. They are forced to do business with the rich at exorbitant prices because there isn't an alternative anymore. Thankfully I am on the better side of the fence myself but not many are.


Do you know what the margins are for grocery and retail?! 1-3%. They are viciously competing with each other which drives prices into the dirt. Consumers have more options right now than they've ever had at anytime on planet earth! Back in the day, there was ONE mom and pop shop in their area that set the prices and decided what to offer.

The problem with high prices in some areas (housing) have nothing to do with the rich exploiting the poor. It has to do with supply restrictions, government regs, etc...

Restricting labor, which you want to do, reduces the supply of goods and services. That raises prices.

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Logos Stick said:

infinity ag said:

Logos Stick said:

infinity ag said:

ts5641 said:

infinity ag said:

Rapier108 said:

infinity ag said:

The economy is still bad and job market is in a worse situation. Foreigner work visas are still being given out.
HVAC/Plumber/Handyman jobs may be booming but high paying tech jobs are struggling (for Americans).

Blue color jobs, like the ones you seem to have a disdain for, often make more money than people working in tech.

Not everyone is cut out for tech jobs, pure and simply. Why that seems to be the only sector you focus on 24/7 is rather strange when there are tons of other industries out there.


I don't have disdain for any job that is honest work. But let's not pretend we want our kids to become blue collar as their primary goal (and not fallback)

Even a janitor's job. I myself have worked at a department store cleaning up, bagging, trash compacting etc. I think I made $5/hr. But that was when I was a student.

Blue collar jobs pay lesser than white collar jobs. All the rich guys are white collar. I don't want to be a bus driver or a HVAC guy at this point of life. VP of Engg? Yep.

As an HVAC I may make at most $200k/yr. Tough manual work.
As VP of Engg at Meta, I will make a few Million dollars a year.

See what I mean? These are the jobs stolen from us.




That's a lot of money for people who believe in socialism. Spread the wealth bru!


What we have is not capitalism at all. So I am thinking.. why not try socialism?!

I'd rather have something real that some fake version of something. We don't and never had capitalism. We had some weird ass version where the rich get richer, poor get poorer and the idiots among the poor gaslight the rest of the poor that they are not working hard enough.



The rich got rich by providing services and products that improved the lives of the poors. The poors were not forced to exchange their cash for those products and services. The poors willingly exchanged it.The rich didn't steal it from the poor, as you imply.

A nothing statement.
What you say sounds good in theory and for likes on the internet. But not in practice.
There isn't much opportunity left in the US anymore in modern tech and innovation and forward looking work. The Boomers love HVAC, plumbing, being an electrician, and that can make you some money but those are not innovative or intellectual work beyond a point. No offense to anyone because I know HVAC has a lot of fans.

The only way out of this is to close the country off and not let immigrants in (unless they are visiting) and not offshore jobs.

Today's poors have no options. They are forced to do business with the rich at exorbitant prices because there isn't an alternative anymore. Thankfully I am on the better side of the fence myself but not many are.


Do you know what the margins are for grocery and retail?! 1-3%. They are viciously competing with each other which drives prices into the dirt. Consumers have more options right now than they've ever had at anytime on planet earth! Back in the day, there was ONE mom and pop shop in their area that set the prices and decided what to offer.

The problem with high prices in some areas (housing) have nothing to do with the rich exploiting the poor. It has to do with supply restrictions, government regs, etc...

Restricting labor, which you want to do, reduces the supply of goods and services. That raises prices.

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

As proof, go to rural Alaska towns where that is still the norm - lone grocery stores, setting prices due to their costs of production/procurement.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sid Farkas said:

infinity ag said:

WestAustinAg said:

infinity ag said:

ts5641 said:

infinity ag said:

Rapier108 said:

infinity ag said:

The economy is still bad and job market is in a worse situation. Foreigner work visas are still being given out.
HVAC/Plumber/Handyman jobs may be booming but high paying tech jobs are struggling (for Americans).

Blue color jobs, like the ones you seem to have a disdain for, often make more money than people working in tech.

Not everyone is cut out for tech jobs, pure and simply. Why that seems to be the only sector you focus on 24/7 is rather strange when there are tons of other industries out there.


I don't have disdain for any job that is honest work. But let's not pretend we want our kids to become blue collar as their primary goal (and not fallback)

Even a janitor's job. I myself have worked at a department store cleaning up, bagging, trash compacting etc. I think I made $5/hr. But that was when I was a student.

Blue collar jobs pay lesser than white collar jobs. All the rich guys are white collar. I don't want to be a bus driver or a HVAC guy at this point of life. VP of Engg? Yep.

As an HVAC I may make at most $200k/yr. Tough manual work.
As VP of Engg at Meta, I will make a few Million dollars a year.

See what I mean? These are the jobs stolen from us.




That's a lot of money for people who believe in socialism. Spread the wealth bru!


What we have is not capitalism at all. So I am thinking.. why not try socialism?!

I'd rather have something real that some fake version of something. We don't and never had capitalism. We had some weird ass version where the rich get richer, poor get poorer and the idiots among the poor gaslight the rest of the poor that they are not working hard enough.


Never has someone had to lie so much to themselves and this board in an effort to try to convince themselves that socialism would be cool.


The word socialism seems to trigger some, but I don't mean Mamdani or Bernie style. Our current fake capitalism works for some, not for all. At some point someone will burn it all down in a revolution. So we have to have it so that everyone has opportunities and can have a living if they work. It is not the case now, regardless of the lies people tell themselves about how 'opportunities are there, you just have to look". No.

I don't have to defend capitalism as being perfect to know that it's far far better than what you're suggesting - ie how it will actually turn out.


I am suggesting what I call, "compassionate capitalism". I removed the word socialism in there so as to not trigger any old folks for whom labels and tagwords still matter (no matter what the contents are).

Now do you agree or do you still disagree.
Exposing Hypocrisy - one CEO at a time
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Logos Stick said:

infinity ag said:

Logos Stick said:

infinity ag said:

ts5641 said:

infinity ag said:

Rapier108 said:

infinity ag said:

The economy is still bad and job market is in a worse situation. Foreigner work visas are still being given out.
HVAC/Plumber/Handyman jobs may be booming but high paying tech jobs are struggling (for Americans).

Blue color jobs, like the ones you seem to have a disdain for, often make more money than people working in tech.

Not everyone is cut out for tech jobs, pure and simply. Why that seems to be the only sector you focus on 24/7 is rather strange when there are tons of other industries out there.


I don't have disdain for any job that is honest work. But let's not pretend we want our kids to become blue collar as their primary goal (and not fallback)

Even a janitor's job. I myself have worked at a department store cleaning up, bagging, trash compacting etc. I think I made $5/hr. But that was when I was a student.

Blue collar jobs pay lesser than white collar jobs. All the rich guys are white collar. I don't want to be a bus driver or a HVAC guy at this point of life. VP of Engg? Yep.

As an HVAC I may make at most $200k/yr. Tough manual work.
As VP of Engg at Meta, I will make a few Million dollars a year.

See what I mean? These are the jobs stolen from us.




That's a lot of money for people who believe in socialism. Spread the wealth bru!


What we have is not capitalism at all. So I am thinking.. why not try socialism?!

I'd rather have something real that some fake version of something. We don't and never had capitalism. We had some weird ass version where the rich get richer, poor get poorer and the idiots among the poor gaslight the rest of the poor that they are not working hard enough.



The rich got rich by providing services and products that improved the lives of the poors. The poors were not forced to exchange their cash for those products and services. The poors willingly exchanged it.The rich didn't steal it from the poor, as you imply.

A nothing statement.
What you say sounds good in theory and for likes on the internet. But not in practice.
There isn't much opportunity left in the US anymore in modern tech and innovation and forward looking work. The Boomers love HVAC, plumbing, being an electrician, and that can make you some money but those are not innovative or intellectual work beyond a point. No offense to anyone because I know HVAC has a lot of fans.

The only way out of this is to close the country off and not let immigrants in (unless they are visiting) and not offshore jobs.

Today's poors have no options. They are forced to do business with the rich at exorbitant prices because there isn't an alternative anymore. Thankfully I am on the better side of the fence myself but not many are.


Do you know what the margins are for grocery and retail?! 1-3%. They are viciously competing with each other which drives prices into the dirt. Consumers have more options right now than they've ever had at anytime on planet earth! Back in the day, there was ONE mom and pop shop in their area that set the prices and decided what to offer.

The problem with high prices in some areas (housing) have nothing to do with the rich exploiting the poor. It has to do with supply restrictions, government regs, etc...

Restricting labor, which you want to do, reduces the supply of goods and services. That raises prices.

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.


Unrestricted labor practices, esp in tech where I am in have caused widespread destruction. How does your formula work there? Don't tell me XYZ from Uganda created some AI company and we "need his skills". No we don't. If he was that good, he can show his skills in his own country.
Exposing Hypocrisy - one CEO at a time
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WestAustinAg said:

infinity ag said:


The word socialism seems to trigger some, but I don't mean Mamdani or Bernie style. Our current fake capitalism works for some, not for all. At some point someone will burn it all down in a revolution. So we have to have it so that everyone has opportunities and can have a living if they work. It is not the case now, regardless of the lies people tell themselves about how 'opportunities are there, you just have to look". No.

wow....wowzers...my god you're so lost it's painful.


Let's debate with stances, my friend. Just saying what you said above does not take the discussion forward.
Exposing Hypocrisy - one CEO at a time
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You disparage old folks and boomers all the time without justification.

There are many old folks and boomers in this thread giving you wise and sound counsel regarding economics, which you reject. The problem is not the old folks and boomers...
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YouBet said:

infinity ag said:

WestAustinAg said:

infinity ag said:

ts5641 said:

infinity ag said:

Rapier108 said:

infinity ag said:

The economy is still bad and job market is in a worse situation. Foreigner work visas are still being given out.
HVAC/Plumber/Handyman jobs may be booming but high paying tech jobs are struggling (for Americans).

Blue color jobs, like the ones you seem to have a disdain for, often make more money than people working in tech.

Not everyone is cut out for tech jobs, pure and simply. Why that seems to be the only sector you focus on 24/7 is rather strange when there are tons of other industries out there.


I don't have disdain for any job that is honest work. But let's not pretend we want our kids to become blue collar as their primary goal (and not fallback)

Even a janitor's job. I myself have worked at a department store cleaning up, bagging, trash compacting etc. I think I made $5/hr. But that was when I was a student.

Blue collar jobs pay lesser than white collar jobs. All the rich guys are white collar. I don't want to be a bus driver or a HVAC guy at this point of life. VP of Engg? Yep.

As an HVAC I may make at most $200k/yr. Tough manual work.
As VP of Engg at Meta, I will make a few Million dollars a year.

See what I mean? These are the jobs stolen from us.




That's a lot of money for people who believe in socialism. Spread the wealth bru!


What we have is not capitalism at all. So I am thinking.. why not try socialism?!

I'd rather have something real that some fake version of something. We don't and never had capitalism. We had some weird ass version where the rich get richer, poor get poorer and the idiots among the poor gaslight the rest of the poor that they are not working hard enough.


Never has someone had to lie so much to themselves and this board in an effort to try to convince themselves that socialism would be cool.


The word socialism seems to trigger some, but I don't mean Mamdani or Bernie style. Our current fake capitalism works for some, not for all. At some point someone will burn it all down in a revolution. So we have to have it so that everyone has opportunities and can have a living if they work. It is not the case now, regardless of the lies people tell themselves about how 'opportunities are there, you just have to look". No.


False. Right now there is roughly 1 job opening for every 1 unemployed person in this country according to BLS and SHRM. As of August, we actually had more job openings than unemployed.

The opportunities are there. People will have to figure out how they can match themselves to these opportunities.


It's fake news for the elections. Much like what Biden did.
Many people have given up on looking for jobs, so their count don't show up in the numbers. If I am unemployed for more than a year and say F it (like some of my friends), their not working does not show up as unemployed.

If someone making $200k lost their job and has to take up a 100k job way below his experience/expertise because nothing else exists or everything has been sold off to visa people, then that does not show up as unemployed because he technically is not but is because he can no longer make the same money but has the same taxes/bills because the labor market has been tampered with artificially.
Exposing Hypocrisy - one CEO at a time
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Logos Stick said:

You disparage old folks and boomers all the time without justification.

There are many old folks and boomers in this thread giving you wise and sound counsel regarding economics, which you reject. The problem is not the old folks and boomers...


Just for fun. I will get old one day, I am getting there, and so will you. Don't take that so seriously.

But old folks also think they are in 1985. They don't see the new challenges that have fallen upon us.
Exposing Hypocrisy - one CEO at a time
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
infinity ag said:

Logos Stick said:

infinity ag said:

Logos Stick said:

infinity ag said:

ts5641 said:

infinity ag said:

Rapier108 said:

infinity ag said:

The economy is still bad and job market is in a worse situation. Foreigner work visas are still being given out.
HVAC/Plumber/Handyman jobs may be booming but high paying tech jobs are struggling (for Americans).

Blue color jobs, like the ones you seem to have a disdain for, often make more money than people working in tech.

Not everyone is cut out for tech jobs, pure and simply. Why that seems to be the only sector you focus on 24/7 is rather strange when there are tons of other industries out there.


I don't have disdain for any job that is honest work. But let's not pretend we want our kids to become blue collar as their primary goal (and not fallback)

Even a janitor's job. I myself have worked at a department store cleaning up, bagging, trash compacting etc. I think I made $5/hr. But that was when I was a student.

Blue collar jobs pay lesser than white collar jobs. All the rich guys are white collar. I don't want to be a bus driver or a HVAC guy at this point of life. VP of Engg? Yep.

As an HVAC I may make at most $200k/yr. Tough manual work.
As VP of Engg at Meta, I will make a few Million dollars a year.

See what I mean? These are the jobs stolen from us.




That's a lot of money for people who believe in socialism. Spread the wealth bru!


What we have is not capitalism at all. So I am thinking.. why not try socialism?!

I'd rather have something real that some fake version of something. We don't and never had capitalism. We had some weird ass version where the rich get richer, poor get poorer and the idiots among the poor gaslight the rest of the poor that they are not working hard enough.



The rich got rich by providing services and products that improved the lives of the poors. The poors were not forced to exchange their cash for those products and services. The poors willingly exchanged it.The rich didn't steal it from the poor, as you imply.

A nothing statement.
What you say sounds good in theory and for likes on the internet. But not in practice.
There isn't much opportunity left in the US anymore in modern tech and innovation and forward looking work. The Boomers love HVAC, plumbing, being an electrician, and that can make you some money but those are not innovative or intellectual work beyond a point. No offense to anyone because I know HVAC has a lot of fans.

The only way out of this is to close the country off and not let immigrants in (unless they are visiting) and not offshore jobs.

Today's poors have no options. They are forced to do business with the rich at exorbitant prices because there isn't an alternative anymore. Thankfully I am on the better side of the fence myself but not many are.


Do you know what the margins are for grocery and retail?! 1-3%. They are viciously competing with each other which drives prices into the dirt. Consumers have more options right now than they've ever had at anytime on planet earth! Back in the day, there was ONE mom and pop shop in their area that set the prices and decided what to offer.

The problem with high prices in some areas (housing) have nothing to do with the rich exploiting the poor. It has to do with supply restrictions, government regs, etc...

Restricting labor, which you want to do, reduces the supply of goods and services. That raises prices.

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.


Unrestricted labor practices, esp in tech where I am in have caused widespread destruction. How does your formula work there? Don't tell me XYZ from Uganda created some AI company and we "need his skills". No we don't. If he was that good, he can show his skills in his own country.


Yes, as I stated, you want low prices for the poors but you also want to set artificial labor price floors.
japantiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
infinity ag said:

YouBet said:

infinity ag said:

WestAustinAg said:

infinity ag said:

ts5641 said:

infinity ag said:

Rapier108 said:

infinity ag said:

The economy is still bad and job market is in a worse situation. Foreigner work visas are still being given out.
HVAC/Plumber/Handyman jobs may be booming but high paying tech jobs are struggling (for Americans).

Blue color jobs, like the ones you seem to have a disdain for, often make more money than people working in tech.

Not everyone is cut out for tech jobs, pure and simply. Why that seems to be the only sector you focus on 24/7 is rather strange when there are tons of other industries out there.


I don't have disdain for any job that is honest work. But let's not pretend we want our kids to become blue collar as their primary goal (and not fallback)

Even a janitor's job. I myself have worked at a department store cleaning up, bagging, trash compacting etc. I think I made $5/hr. But that was when I was a student.

Blue collar jobs pay lesser than white collar jobs. All the rich guys are white collar. I don't want to be a bus driver or a HVAC guy at this point of life. VP of Engg? Yep.

As an HVAC I may make at most $200k/yr. Tough manual work.
As VP of Engg at Meta, I will make a few Million dollars a year.

See what I mean? These are the jobs stolen from us.




That's a lot of money for people who believe in socialism. Spread the wealth bru!


What we have is not capitalism at all. So I am thinking.. why not try socialism?!

I'd rather have something real that some fake version of something. We don't and never had capitalism. We had some weird ass version where the rich get richer, poor get poorer and the idiots among the poor gaslight the rest of the poor that they are not working hard enough.


Never has someone had to lie so much to themselves and this board in an effort to try to convince themselves that socialism would be cool.


The word socialism seems to trigger some, but I don't mean Mamdani or Bernie style. Our current fake capitalism works for some, not for all. At some point someone will burn it all down in a revolution. So we have to have it so that everyone has opportunities and can have a living if they work. It is not the case now, regardless of the lies people tell themselves about how 'opportunities are there, you just have to look". No.


False. Right now there is roughly 1 job opening for every 1 unemployed person in this country according to BLS and SHRM. As of August, we actually had more job openings than unemployed.

The opportunities are there. People will have to figure out how they can match themselves to these opportunities.


It's fake news for the elections. Much like what Biden did.
Many people have given up on looking for jobs, so their count don't show up in the numbers. If I am unemployed for more than a year and say F it (like some of my friends), their not working does not show up as unemployed.

If someone making $200k lost their job and has to take up a 100k job way below his experience/expertise because nothing else exists or everything has been sold off to visa people, then that does not show up as unemployed because he technically is not but is because he can no longer make the same money but has the same taxes/bills because the labor market has been tampered with artificially.


Hhmmm, so your able bodied grown men friends have given up on work...dude, you just keep digging. You hang out with fragile deadbeats.

$100k is the @the 80th percentile in terms of income earned in the US (the top .01% of those on the planet)...you really think we should restructure the entire economy; the most successful economy in the history of humankind, because one of your fragile friends took a pay cut and lived beyond his means?

Maybe you should tell your friends to stay out of debt, by less house than they can afford, have their kids work their way thru college, etc., instead of plotting for idiotic ways to **** up the US economy.
WestAustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
infinity ag said:

WestAustinAg said:

infinity ag said:


The word socialism seems to trigger some, but I don't mean Mamdani or Bernie style. Our current fake capitalism works for some, not for all. At some point someone will burn it all down in a revolution. So we have to have it so that everyone has opportunities and can have a living if they work. It is not the case now, regardless of the lies people tell themselves about how 'opportunities are there, you just have to look". No.

wow....wowzers...my god you're so lost it's painful.


Let's debate with stances, my friend. Just saying what you said above does not take the discussion forward.

There is no reasoning with you. You state dishonesties and falsehood and proof that we need more socialism. I dont. You believe that a more command and control economy will somehow put a chicken in everyone's pot but socialism has done the exact opposite everywhere its tried. In fact, socialism only "works" when its an authoritarian regime demand from the workers so that they can give to the non-workers. Greed as a driving element of society isn't removed - its shifted to the administrative state. Comparisons between one aggrieved group and another is all decided by the handful of people running the whole thing. The group that the leader belongs to is the winner...all others be damned.

Hundreds of millions of people have died for the fantasy...and academics still want to try one more time -- this time with the worlds best and biggest economy.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
infinity ag said:

YouBet said:

infinity ag said:

WestAustinAg said:

infinity ag said:

ts5641 said:

infinity ag said:

Rapier108 said:

infinity ag said:

The economy is still bad and job market is in a worse situation. Foreigner work visas are still being given out.
HVAC/Plumber/Handyman jobs may be booming but high paying tech jobs are struggling (for Americans).

Blue color jobs, like the ones you seem to have a disdain for, often make more money than people working in tech.

Not everyone is cut out for tech jobs, pure and simply. Why that seems to be the only sector you focus on 24/7 is rather strange when there are tons of other industries out there.


I don't have disdain for any job that is honest work. But let's not pretend we want our kids to become blue collar as their primary goal (and not fallback)

Even a janitor's job. I myself have worked at a department store cleaning up, bagging, trash compacting etc. I think I made $5/hr. But that was when I was a student.

Blue collar jobs pay lesser than white collar jobs. All the rich guys are white collar. I don't want to be a bus driver or a HVAC guy at this point of life. VP of Engg? Yep.

As an HVAC I may make at most $200k/yr. Tough manual work.
As VP of Engg at Meta, I will make a few Million dollars a year.

See what I mean? These are the jobs stolen from us.




That's a lot of money for people who believe in socialism. Spread the wealth bru!


What we have is not capitalism at all. So I am thinking.. why not try socialism?!

I'd rather have something real that some fake version of something. We don't and never had capitalism. We had some weird ass version where the rich get richer, poor get poorer and the idiots among the poor gaslight the rest of the poor that they are not working hard enough.


Never has someone had to lie so much to themselves and this board in an effort to try to convince themselves that socialism would be cool.


The word socialism seems to trigger some, but I don't mean Mamdani or Bernie style. Our current fake capitalism works for some, not for all. At some point someone will burn it all down in a revolution. So we have to have it so that everyone has opportunities and can have a living if they work. It is not the case now, regardless of the lies people tell themselves about how 'opportunities are there, you just have to look". No.


False. Right now there is roughly 1 job opening for every 1 unemployed person in this country according to BLS and SHRM. As of August, we actually had more job openings than unemployed.

The opportunities are there. People will have to figure out how they can match themselves to these opportunities.


It's fake news for the elections. Much like what Biden did.
Many people have given up on looking for jobs, so their count don't show up in the numbers. If I am unemployed for more than a year and say F it (like some of my friends), their not working does not show up as unemployed.

If someone making $200k lost their job and has to take up a 100k job way below his experience/expertise because nothing else exists or everything has been sold off to visa people, then that does not show up as unemployed because he technically is not but is because he can no longer make the same money but has the same taxes/bills because the labor market has been tampered with artificially.


Well, I guess we are at an impasse then.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.