Trump regrets appointing Gorsuch, Barrett, and Kavanaugh

5,487 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Jack Boyette
Bull Meachem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump Say He Regrets SC Nominations

Quote:

The Republican president was asked about his recent comments regarding the three conservative justices in the interview, which was conducted on Monday.
"Do you regret nominating them?" the interviewer asked, referring to Trump's comments in a recent Truth Social post.

"Yeah. Yeah," Trump responded, according to a transcript of the interview.

"What can I do? I put them in. They voted against me too often. I was very I gave them the position of a lifetime, and they vote against me often."

It's amazing how poorly this guy hires because he seems to regret almost every single hire he makes.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bull Meachem said:

Trump Say He Regrets SC Nominations

Quote:

The Republican president was asked about his recent comments regarding the three conservative justices in the interview, which was conducted on Monday.
"Do you regret nominating them?" the interviewer asked, referring to Trump's comments in a recent Truth Social post.

"Yeah. Yeah," Trump responded, according to a transcript of the interview.

"What can I do? I put them in. They voted against me too often. I was very I gave them the position of a lifetime, and they vote against me often."

It's amazing how poorly this guy hires because he seems to regret almost every single hire he makes.


His philosophy is hire, if bad, then fire.
Problem is he cannot fire judges.
Exposing Hypocrisy - one CEO at a time
MemphisAg1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't regret my vote, but I regret that he was the Republican nominee. Got my vote because it was better than the Dem candidate by a mile, but I would prefer a real conservative in the White House who isn't frequently acting like an idiot.
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Newsflash: Most US Presidents have regretted one or more of their judicial appointments at one time or another.

Kind of goes back to Marbury v. Madison.
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He should care if they rule for the Constitution or against it, not if they rule for or against him.
flown-the-coop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinAg2K said:

He should care if they rule for the Constitution or against it, not if they rule for or against him.

Let me know when SCOTUS shows actual regards for the US Consitution.
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
flown-the-coop said:

AustinAg2K said:

He should care if they rule for the Constitution or against it, not if they rule for or against him.

Let me know when SCOTUS shows actual regards for the US Consitution.

I miss Scalia soooo much. Such a happy warrior with a fierce mind and sharper wit.
aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of Trump's dumbest things he does is give interviews like this with super hostile outlets and speaks candidly. It's just mind boggling.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Barrett sucks. For sure. I think she went as far as to lie about some things.

He chose people he thought were conservative. Turns out they're easily swayed to different things. Didn't mean they were always going to agree with what he wanted, but they have been a disappointment.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1) It's normal for someone to be disappointed in someone, for whatever reason.

2) He seems to have an inordinate amount of people that disappoint him once appointed to/given the position.

3) He has often proposed extra-constitutional actions that get reeled in by SCotUS.

4) Being "better than Harris/Biden" isn't the feat it is purported to be.
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
annie88 said:

Barrett sucks. For sure. I think she went as far as to lie about some things.

He chose people he thought were conservative. Turns out they're easily swayed to different things. Didn't mean they were always going to agree with what he wanted, but they have been a disappointment.


They appointed Barrett to axe roe v wade. She did her job.
Tard_85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a mess. in the primaries I pimped DeSantis and caught hell for it as ttu_85. . Then in the general I enthusiastically voted against crackles then was thrilled when Trump went after illegal lefty political empires such as USAID and the FBI. Thinking this may be okay after all.

But nooooo right back to crazy rule by Geezer version 2.0. That said no matter how jacked up Trump is it could always be far worse. The Biden years were the worst ever and now the demwits are full of admitted commies.

God please help us.
Aggie Dad Sip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
flown-the-coop said:

AustinAg2K said:

He should care if they rule for the Constitution or against it, not if they rule for or against him.

Let me know when SCOTUS shows actual regards for the US Consitution.

Let me know then Trump does the same.
Keller6Ag91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bull Meachem said:

Trump Say He Regrets SC Nominations

Quote:

The Republican president was asked about his recent comments regarding the three conservative justices in the interview, which was conducted on Monday.
"Do you regret nominating them?" the interviewer asked, referring to Trump's comments in a recent Truth Social post.

"Yeah. Yeah," Trump responded, according to a transcript of the interview.

"What can I do? I put them in. They voted against me too often. I was very I gave them the position of a lifetime, and they vote against me often."

It's amazing how poorly this guy hires because he seems to regret almost every single hire he makes.

He's ALL about loyalty. That's the one part that doesn't work in all roles in government.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Boogie2988Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What part of the constitution has Trump not followed? Doesn't he abide by every judge's rulings?
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For the record, my short and curlies understand the Constitution better then KBJ.
CascadiaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
holy ^&#$ he needs a handler AND an electric shock collar, one that send a large enough jolt of electricity to grab his attention and force him to think before he opens his idiotic mouth.

at least get through the mid-terms, then he is free to run his fool mouth off full blast again.
Ag87H2O
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I actually think Gorsuch was a solid pick. Kavanaugh is decent but not great. Barrett has been disappointing.

Choosing SC justices is such a crap shoot. Besides being able to get them through the confirmation gauntlet, it's just hard to know how they will rule over a lifetime. Seating Scalia/Thomas types is like catching lightning in a bottle. It sure make you appreciate how special they were/are.
Aggie Dad Sip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag87H2O said:

I actually think Gorsuch was a solid pick. Kavanaugh is decent but not great. Barrett has been disappointing.

Choosing SC justices is such a crap shoot. Besides being able to get them through the confirmation gauntlet, it's just hard to know how they will rule over a lifetime. Seating Scalia/Thomas types is like catching lightning in a bottle. It sure make you appreciate how special they were/are.

Alito is a true believer. Thomas sold out.
Im Gipper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:


Gorsuch was a solid pick


Sorry, but equating sex to sexual orientation takes him out of the "solid" category.

I'm Gipper
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

Barrett sucks. For sure. I think she went as far as to lie about some things.

He chose people he thought were conservative. Turns out they're easily swayed to different things. Didn't mean they were always going to agree with what he wanted, but they have been a disappointment.

Well, he got his choices from the Federalist Society.

So...it's not like he just went out and picked random people.

I think the actual blame lies on the FS. If these choices aren't reliably conservative, then why tf did they recommend them.
You can turn off signatures, btw
TA-OP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Only the best people."
Boogie2988Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TA-OP said:

"Only the best people."

What would you call KBJ exactly?
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TA-OP said:

"Only the best people."


On paper all three looked great.

At the time Republicans were happy.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For clarity, he was disappointed for the people..

Quote:

It's unfortunate what they didnot to me, to our country. Birthright citizenship. It's becoming a major industry now. People are making millions and millions of dollars, and we're losing trillions of dollars. And it's become a corrupt business, all because of the Supreme Court decision. That decision was for the babies of slaves. Look at where it waslook at where it was approved. It wasn't for Chinese people, wealthy or unwealthy, coming, you know, pouring into our country. And this tariff decision again, all they had to do was a little clause saying any money paid does not have to be paid back…would have saved $400 billion. They chose not to save that.

https://time.com/article/2026/10/01/donald-trump-2026-interview-transcript/
BigFred
How long do you want to ignore this user?
regrets
flown-the-coop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To be honest, I think most of the recent appointments just don't have the balls (err fortitude) to basically start from a fresh slate as they review cases. And I am not talking about precedent.

I mean they are unable to scrub their lifetime of biases in order to rule justly. Not sure if you can even teach such a thing, it's more of a product of a society to records your moves, broadcasts to the world, and passes its on judgment… in real time.

Though they should be able to, they seem to lack the ability to NOT consider the ramifications for their rulings. You have to have that if you are truly going to rule on the fundamentals of the Constitution, which is what SCOTUS was designed to do.

Too much "we may have riots and cause a seismic shift and disrupt the Country if we… segregate schools then integrate them, legalize abortions then take it back even if just a little, expand citizenship then try and reign it back in.

Rule on the Constitution. Not the public sentiment of fallout from your ruling
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im Gipper said:

Quote:


Gorsuch was a solid pick


Sorry, but equating sex to sexual orientation takes him out of the "solid" category.

Didn't watch his confirmations hearings, did you?

I did. Gorsuch said one thing that reassured me. Paraphrasing, he said, "Any judge who always agrees with their own rulings is a bad judge. Law does not take feelings into account."

Now he may have strayed from that but for his starting point? Me likey back then.
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can we get two real options for POTUS next go around? Im tired of holding my nose when I vote.
flown-the-coop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

Can we get two real options for POTUS next go around? Im tired of holding my nose when I vote.

There was only one real option on 2016, 2020 and 2024.
Im Gipper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

Im Gipper said:

Quote:


Gorsuch was a solid pick


Sorry, but equating sex to sexual orientation takes him out of the "solid" category.

Didn't watch his confirmations hearings, did you?

I did. Gorsuch said one thing that reassured me. Paraphrasing, he said, "Any judge who always agrees with their own rulings is a bad judge. Law does not take feelings into account."

Now he may have strayed from that but for his starting point? Me likey back then.



I did watch. And I remember the quote.


And nothing in your post changes what I wrote.


Any person that thinks sex and sexual orientation mean the same thing is not a solid pick for conservative

I'm Gipper
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bull Meachem said:

Trump Say He Regrets SC Nominations

Quote:

The Republican president was asked about his recent comments regarding the three conservative justices in the interview, which was conducted on Monday.
"Do you regret nominating them?" the interviewer asked, referring to Trump's comments in a recent Truth Social post.

"Yeah. Yeah," Trump responded, according to a transcript of the interview.

"What can I do? I put them in. They voted against me too often. I was very I gave them the position of a lifetime, and they vote against me often."

It's amazing how poorly this guy hires because he seems to regret almost every single hire he makes.

Still better appointments than Sotomayor, Kagan and Jackson. Do you agree?
TA-OP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And, just so we're being historically accurate, Republicans essentially pulled "orange man bad" on Andrew Johnson by reducing the number from 9 to 7 just to prevent a Democrat from shifting the Court.
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie Dad Sip said:

Ag87H2O said:

I actually think Gorsuch was a solid pick. Kavanaugh is decent but not great. Barrett has been disappointing.

Choosing SC justices is such a crap shoot. Besides being able to get them through the confirmation gauntlet, it's just hard to know how they will rule over a lifetime. Seating Scalia/Thomas types is like catching lightning in a bottle. It sure make you appreciate how special they were/are.

Alito is a true believer. Thomas sold out.

Me thinks you have your justices confused?
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie Dad Sip said:

Ag87H2O said:

I actually think Gorsuch was a solid pick. Kavanaugh is decent but not great. Barrett has been disappointing.

Choosing SC justices is such a crap shoot. Besides being able to get them through the confirmation gauntlet, it's just hard to know how they will rule over a lifetime. Seating Scalia/Thomas types is like catching lightning in a bottle. It sure make you appreciate how special they were/are.

Alito is a true believer. Thomas sold out.


Well, damn. We need a lot more sell outs then.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.