The hyphenated names
BBRex said:
School districts are primarily under local control. If your school district isn't good, it mostly rests on local voters and parents. They are the ones who are responsible for making the school district leaders accountable.
ABATTBQ11 said:
She was told by her daughter,"Sometimes I wish instead of always thinking about other kids, you would have thought about me. I never really got the education I wanted."
Wow, what a ****ty, selfish mom.
Logos Stick said:ABATTBQ11 said:
She was told by her daughter,"Sometimes I wish instead of always thinking about other kids, you would have thought about me. I never really got the education I wanted."
Wow, what a ****ty, selfish mom.
I think I read where her daughter has now come around to her mom's way of thinking and is glad she was sacrificed for the "greater good". What that means is anyone's guess.
Her mom used to go to her school during lunch and said it was like a zoo. Her daughter told her it was like that everyday. Kids fighting, running around, throwing food, complete chaos. The staff just ignored it. She asked them why and they said "out of our control".
dmart90 said:
Who is this Hannah-Jones idiot and why do I care what she thinks?
Bull Meachem said:
It's really incredible how far people will take political ideas. She knew better and she still made a stupid decision. But she chose her own hubris over what was best for her child. It's incredible.

Burdizzo said:BBRex said:
School districts are primarily under local control. If your school district isn't good, it mostly rests on local voters and parents. They are the ones who are responsible for making the school district leaders accountable.
I am fully aware of that
We also have a federal agency that is charged with setting standards and supporting school districts to meet those standards. Neither seems to do their jobs well.
Logos Stick said:ABATTBQ11 said:
She was told by her daughter,"Sometimes I wish instead of always thinking about other kids, you would have thought about me. I never really got the education I wanted."
Wow, what a ****ty, selfish mom.
I think I read where her daughter has now come around to her mom's way of thinking and is glad she was sacrificed for the "greater good". What that means is anyone's guess.
BadMoonRisin said:
Low IQ person with no father in the picture turns her child into a low IQ person, but this type, by choice.
Wow.
TrumpsBarber said:Burdizzo said:BBRex said:
School districts are primarily under local control. If your school district isn't good, it mostly rests on local voters and parents. They are the ones who are responsible for making the school district leaders accountable.
I am fully aware of that
We also have a federal agency that is charged with setting standards and supporting school districts to meet those standards. Neither seems to do their jobs well.
The federal government has no business in public school education. Even state control is problematic. The best model for public schools were the ISDs in the 1960s which were as good (even under state control) as most private schools today.
Maroon Dawn said:
Education is the ultimate example of the failure of Dem ideology.
You can spend triple the money on failing schools (and we do) and still not get better results because ultimately a college level library doesn't matter if little Johnny never uses it and Johnnys mom doesn't care what his grades are because to her school is just free government provided day care