Observations Regarding Long-standing Canadian Attitudes Toward the USA

4,674 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by GenericAggie
Grapes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B-1 83 said:

#$&@ 'em.

How's that?


That's what I'm doing.

Choosing to become an American legally and am oddly happy to pay taxes in the US. I'm sure that will wear off quick and I'll be just as annoyed with my taxes going to American gov't waste.

It was a super interesting feeling having escaped the tax regime of Canada. I was not expecting how good it felt to not feel I'm getting completely ****ed by my gov't and there was nothing I could do about.

Again, I'm sure that will wear off soon enough here too but for now, its nice.
ts5641
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canadians have major little man syndrome. Always have.
I was in Windsor with a buddy many years ago (long before the internet) and we were at a restaurant. We got to talking about how many provinces there were in Canada because we literally had no idea. Who knows this other than Canadians?
So we asked the waitress. You would've thought we threw a drink in her face. She was so offended and said "Go to a library and look it up. How many states does the US have? I have no clue."
Our first thought was literally everyone on planet earth knows the US has 50 states and certainly Canadians do, but they're so butt hurt being our little brother they act like they don't know.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Makes sense. Trudeau and the left really screwed Canada and put them on a path of doom.

Regarding funding the media and making them government controlled, Biden and the Democrats attempted to do that as well although I bet most people have forgotten that. As part of the original GND Marxist takeover legislation, they were wanting to pass legislation that anyone working as a "journalist" would not have to pay taxes anymore.

Thus, in effect, officially buying the media for the Democrats.
GenericAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good read!

They want their cake. They don't want fair anything. This is business. Carney is going to move his trade to the EU? Yeah, ok. That's just beyond stupid.

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.