Attack in Round Rock park and attempted beheading

11,128 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Vestal_Flame
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
halfastros81 said:

It's a pretty hopeless and frustrating place to be if you have a family member or friend that has mental issues which is why I am so critical of the state of the psychiatric medicine industry . It's ineffective at best. At worst it may be about making sure they maximize their patient load.

Believe me, I know for that very reason. Having somebody in my wife's immediate family go full catatonic due to stopping their mental health meds cold turkey, and get taken to the hospital in an ambulance. Then apparently waking up to talk to the docs when a family member wasn't there with them to explain their mental health problems and start spewing all kinds of craziness about having cancer and being fed cement to try to kill her led to getting moved to a mental facility for evaluation. Except because she claimed family was trying to harm her, the hospital would not tell anybody anything about it or where she was for nearly a week. Then after a week on meds from the hospital calling family to ask why nobody had brought her any clean clothes to wear from a facility on the other side of town.

Wash, rinse, repeat over and over for many years because they will only hold them until they get stabilized on meds. Then as soon as they get released, they stop taking their meds because "I am not crazy and I don't need those anymore." Anybody who tries to say otherwise or get them back on their meds becomes the enemy and the cycle starts all over again. For a family member just trying to help them it is very exhausting and defeating how completely ineffective the current system is at ensuring involuntary long term care is available when it is truly needed. It is just tragic for the families that are affected by it.
ts5641
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tramp96 said:

He is dead because of white privilege. Whites oppressed black people. Whites deserve to die. Poor oppressed black man who killed him is the real victim here, just like Karmelo Anthony.

In short, if the white man had never been born, he would not have been killed. So it's not the black man's fault. The white man had it coming by existing.

It's really astonishing the narrative that has been created in our culture by the left. Most of Gen Z and younger don't believe white people have as much value as blacks.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This will be crickets. Won't even make major news cycles.

doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zombie Jon Snow said:


This will be crickets. Won't even make major news cycles.



Meanwhile



Quote:

Jackson Police Chief RaShall Brackney said at a news conference Friday that police had secured search and arrest warrants for 51-year-old Jarques Ratliff and arrested him when they encountered him walking on the street.




Never mind
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Cromagnum said:

AozorAg said:

Cromagnum said:

AozorAg said:

Vestal_Flame said:

Quote:

Wilco is just and extension of Austin and Travis County.


I'm willing to bet a case of Shiner beer that this year's GOP result for Willco is 20 points better than Travco. That's the difference between winning elections and having your ass handed to you.

I don't ever look at any place and Williamson County and say, "Man, this feels like Austin."

Williamson County has been solidly blue for 10 years now.


Not it hasn't. Closer to purple these days, but absolutely not solid blue.

Then one of us hasn't been paying attention for the last 10 years, and it isn't me.


Williamson voted for Trump in 2024. That sounds dark blue to me! Had you said trending bluer, I would have agreed with you. Its still red side of purple.

Barely... 50% to 48% for Harris is hardly a beatdown
Ted Cruz lost to Colin Allred so there's that side of purple.
https://www.livevoterturnout.com/ENR/williamsontxenr/3/en/Index_3.html

Compare that to my era of living in Round Rock / Williamson County.
In 2000, Bush took 67% versus Gore's 27%
https://www.wilcotx.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6201/11-02-2000-Presidential-Election-TXT

It's not your father's Williamson County.


Based on how close that was I bet Williamson flips next POTUS race and Talarico beats Paxton. I'm sure it has gotten any redder.
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. Sorry you have to deal with it as well. Sounds very similar to my sister . I finally had to tap out . Helping her doesn't help her… not helping doesn't help her either but it's much less stressful on me and my family to not get involved . No real solutions except prayer and the final solution.
Mookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I lived in Oak Brook for almost a decade. Many of my close friends still live there. It is 75% either the white liberal white woman discussed on here or California transplants that brought their politics with them.
Kozmozag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Put em in prison, they can get mental health care in there.
stallion6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Horrible situation but conservatives deserve what they get if you don't get out and vote. Make an effort to do so!
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
stallion6 said:

Horrible situation but conservatives deserve what they get if you don't get out and vote. Make an effort to do so!


No idea what registered voter makeup looks like in Williamson, but this is likely still true there. However, at some point, this plea doesn't work. If Williamson goes blue enough, all the voting in the world can't save you.
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kozmozag said:

Put em in prison, they can get mental health care in there.
Or not. Don't even care.
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not if they don't commit crimes . For many they are mostly just dangerous to themselves altho I will admit they scare others as well. They also eat up LEO resources that could better be used on real criminals . My experience is they make themselves much more vulnerable to being victims of criminals .

I'm not saying a lot of criminals don't have mental illness . I think a lot of them do but that's not really what I'm referring to here.
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
halfastros81 said:

Yep. Sorry you have to deal with it as well. Sounds very similar to my sister . I finally had to tap out . Helping her doesn't help her… not helping doesn't help her either but it's much less stressful on me and my family to not get involved . No real solutions except prayer and the final solution.

It was a parent and she is mercifully with the lord now. We finally got help from an understanding judge and some medical professionals who helped get her checked into a nursing care facility for a 90 day hold where she could get good care and everybody involved just neglected to mention it to her when the 90 days were up and she could have chosen to leave if she wanted to.
Slwdsm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why dont we call this a hate crime? It surely would be if the races were reversed... so sick of this crap always being swept under the rug and ignored when its white victims.
ttu_85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mookie said:

I lived in Oak Brook for almost a decade. Many of my close friends still live there. It is 75% either the white liberal white woman discussed on here or California transplants that brought their politics with them.

Damn shame it was great when I lived there in the late 90's early 2000's. Sad news. I'd probably be the hood bad guy if I stayed.
redsquirrelAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
stallion6 said:

Horrible situation but conservatives deserve what they get if you don't get out and vote. Make an effort to do so!


It's all rigged.

Carry and be vigilant.

All politicians are pedophiles and sociopaths.

STOP VOTING
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never been able to remotely approach discussing this with a judge . My sister is 75 so you would think they'd want family involved but it never happens .
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
96ags said:

Vestal_Flame said:

TAMU1990 said:



I grew up in Williamson county. Unfortunately the criminal (who is a repeat offender) will not see the Wilco justice we were know for.



Why will he not be tried in Williamson County? I may be misreading, but it seems like the crime occurred in Williamson County.

I believe he is suggesting that the old school Williamson county justice doesn't exist anymore. Wilco is just and extension of Austin and Travis County.



Wasn't the old Williamson County sheriff the one that swallowed all the bullsh from Henry Lee Lucas so that he could look like he cleared up a lot of crimes? I liked the old WillCo better too, but be careful what you wish for.
BBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, Sheriff Jim Boutwell

Watch the nextflix special and all is crystal clear how all that came about…. Things a fella will do for a little attention and Sonic shakes.
Farmari Bojuji
surfandturfsbisa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Vestal_Flame said:

Quote:

Wilco is just and extension of Austin and Travis County.


I'm willing to bet a case of Shiner beer that this year's GOP result for Willco is 20 points better than Travco. That's the difference between winning elections and having your ass handed to you.

I don't ever look at any place and Williamson County and say, "Man, this feels like Austin."

Have you paid attention to Round Rock schools?

I'm more likely to think, "Man, this feels like Delhi."

Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vestal_Flame said:

Quote:

Wilco is just and extension of Austin and Travis County.


I'm willing to bet a case of Shiner beer that this year's GOP result for Willco is 20 points better than Travco. That's the difference between winning elections and having your ass handed to you.

I don't ever look at any place and Williamson County and say, "Man, this feels like Austin."


Uh. I live in Wilco.

The gop will get 50% of the votes here at best. We've been overrun with liberals from austin who couldnt afford it but bring their votes with them. Not to mention a high immigrant population brought in for h1b purposes. This aint your grandpas Williamson county

Travis county voted 70-30 for Allred and Williamson went 49-47 for Allred. You might technically be correct that Travis outperforms Williamson by 20%- but I predict talarico will win Williamson by getting at least 55% of the vote here
Jack Boyette
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strange…I don't see the resident liberals making an appearance on this thread.

So weird.
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like the Thomas Johnson case.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The current Williamson County Judge Steven Snell is good people. He's in a dog fight since there are so many Jimmy Low T supporters. If you're in Willco vote Judge Snell.
Vestal_Flame
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who?mikejones! said:

Vestal_Flame said:

Quote:

Wilco is just and extension of Austin and Travis County.


I'm willing to bet a case of Shiner beer that this year's GOP result for Willco is 20 points better than Travco. That's the difference between winning elections and having your ass handed to you.

I don't ever look at any place and Williamson County and say, "Man, this feels like Austin."


Uh. I live in Wilco.

The gop will get 50% of the votes here at best. We've been overrun with liberals from austin who couldnt afford it but bring their votes with them. Not to mention a high immigrant population brought in for h1b purposes. This aint your grandpas Williamson county

Travis county voted 70-30 for Allred and Williamson went 49-47 for Allred. You might technically be correct that Travis outperforms Williamson by 20%- but I predict talarico will win Williamson by getting at least 55% of the vote here


I served 8 years as a GOP precinct chairman in Travis County. You're complaining about conditions of which I could only dream!

I served in an 85% democratic precinct. W pulled 150 votes in 2000. Nader pulled 300. Gore pulled 1,500.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.