Ex-DEI chief angry 'for hiring on basis of merit not gender or identity'

3,954 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Shoefly!
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13949949/dei-trainer-oregon-forestry-bosses-hiring-merit-gender-identity-megan-donecker.html
Quote:

A pink-haired DEI trainer has slammed Oregon's forestry department for hiring on the basic of merit rather than identity.

Megan Donecker filed a complaint about her former boss Mike Shaw and moaned about him telling her that he sought the 'candidates most qualified for the job.'

DEI advocates like Donecker say hiring should be done through an 'intersectional lens' whereby applications from marginalized people are given greater weight.

Quote:

Donecker, who worked as the department's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion chief claimed six queer staffers didn't 'feel safe or comfortable' at work because they could not have 'conversation around pronouns.'

Donecker, who describes herself as an avid Dungeons and Dragons player who lives with her wife, Jai, an adopted nine-year-old and two cats, quit her job at the department in March after falling out with bosses.

'It is bad for women at forestry,' Donecker said in an interview. 'It is even worse if you are queer.'

Further proof that if you're in charge of hiring that you throw all resumes that list their preferred pronouns into the trash.

People spend a fortune to beat cancer, so why do some companies invite and pay cancer into their companies?
annie88
AG
I can't believe anyone hired that thing. And I couldn't care less if she's gay or whatever but this is just pathetic.

It's the left were allowed to do all this. We would have pilots and doctors and other professions not qualified. This is where we're headed and it's crap.
akm91
AG
How is a DEI trainer all of a sudden DEI chief?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Sharpshooter
AG
"whereby applications from marginalized people are given greater weight."

ProgN
akm91 said:

DM provides the best balanced news, but their editors suck.
Highway6
AG
How did we get to this point?
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
why does every insane loser think they should get special rules just because they are a loser. they should just take up betting. i mean that is in essence what they are saying. they want a point spread to even the playing field because they can't compete.
dreyOO
That hippo smells right through my laptop screen
AgNav93
AG
Highway6 said:

By not pushing back on this stupid **** when it first reared its ugly head. If you keep giving them inches soon, they will have a mile. You should never compromise with crazy or normalize it.
TexAgs91
AG
We're normalizing insanity. It should be in a mental institution
"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Squadron7
AG
The loudest DEI proponents in any company are usually friendless bullies.

Fire them and it becomes immediately apparent that this is the case.
deddog
AG
akm91 said:

A white liberal woman in a hiring position, but disappointed in her otherwise fruitless life, wanted to improve her facebook cred?
Jack Squat 83
AG
If this 'big-boned' gal(?) needed a tumor removed from her brain, would she insist on a DEI-based surgeon?

She absolutely 100% would want one if it was your brain and tumor, but what about hers?
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Phatbob
AG
On the other side of the coin... is anyone else surprised that the Oregon Forestry department actually said they would hire based on merit? That genuinely took me off guard that they still did such a thing there.
Squadron7
AG
Sharpshooter said:

As the owner of a company...this person is the personification of a chronic headache.
American Hardwood
AG
Yeah, I would recommend she strike "greater weight" out of her vocabulary. The power of suggestion, once she says it, that's all you're going to think about. Whatever else she says after that is lost in the wind....
The best way to keep evil men from wielding great power is to not create great power in the first place.
usmcbrooks
She keeps a trophy from her latest meal around her neck in case she needs a snack.
captkirk
AG
Hiring these lunatics is a recipe for disaster
GenericAggie
AG
Her "career" is a joke.
captkirk
AG
State governments are full of people like this. Government bureaucracies are make work programs.
Urban Ag
AG
AgNav93 said:

Highway6 said:

By not pushing back on this stupid **** when it first reared its ugly head. If you keep giving them inches soon, they will have a mile. You should never compromise with crazy or normalize it.
This. Told this story before. It was 04 or 05 and let one of employees hire an assistant she needed. The gal she picked interviewed well and appeared perfectly normal. By day five of her job she had transformed from normal to high Wiccan priestess. I simply said "NOPE". I called the local HR gal for that office and told her I was going to her go and she agreed on the spot.

By contrast, about 12-13 years later I inherited a guy in our Irvine, CA office that was an absolute psycho, huge PITA, and just overall weird and creepy. It was obvious previous managers just shuffled him around instead of dealing with it. And as noted in another post, he expected, demanded, special treatments and accommodation. I tried for well over a year to fire him and HR fought me every step. This dewsh even took two short term disabilities to hide, knowing I was trying to can him. He was still with the company when I left.

Eventually they got rid of him in a layoff which, outside of severe violation of policy, seems to be the only way to get rid of freakshows.
Owlagdad
How did giving a black kid a chance morph into having to hire that fat Ursula look alike?
flakrat
AG
I can't unsee
e=mc2
AG
More proof that the Democrat Party is freak show full of people like this and limp wristed beta males.
Urban Ag
AG
Sharpshooter said:

Looks like a character in live action Flintstones movie written and directed by Rob Zombie.
Maroon Dawn
AG
They want your loyalty to the Democratic Party to be the only qualification for any high paying job and damn the skills, knowledge or leadership ability because those "qualifications" are just barriers to losers getting the money and power they believe are owed them
rab79
AG
Want to screw up your team? This is the way. Make your competent productive staff work with one of these.
beerad12man
AG
DEI should not be a thing, let alone paying people to run those departments.

You ever wonder why some things just keep getting more expensive? It's useless positions like these created by morons and stupid government regulations.
rwtxag83
AG

Straight Outta Hutto!!
Greater love hath no man than this....
flakrat
Sharpshooter
AG
usmcbrooks said:

She keeps a trophy from her latest meal around her neck in case she needs a snack.
I blew soda through my nose reading your response.
Velvet Jones
AG
Your hiring better be done through an intersectional lens,

Kraft Punk
I bet she shags like a minx
Urban Ag
AG
Kraft Punk said:

I bet she shags like a minx

Gorlock say...............meh................sort of want

APHIS AG
akm91 said:

Simple. You find the most unqualified, ugly, and fits the most letters in the "alphabet" community and it becomes the "chief".

Out weighing a killer whale with purple hair is a plus.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.