***Official VP Debate Thread***

118,580 Views | 1346 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Tom Fox
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Muy said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Harold Ford just said Vance had a better night. He's on the Fox News payroll of course but he actually seems like one of the very few sane Democrats left alive on planet earth.

Harold is an infinitely more rational and likeable Dem than Juan Williams and Jessica Tarlof.
I can't stand Tarlof. She's at best dishonest.
Who?mikejones!
If the general idea of the VP debate is "do no harm," then Vance had an unmitigated successful night.

1. The media has painted him as weird. As false as this is, perception is reality. He sounded calm, form, well thought out and very reasonable. He didn't make very exaggerated or outlandish sounding soundbites.

2. The media also has painted Vance as extremely radical. If you come in in attack mode, the media could very easily spin it as a fulfillment of their descriptor. There's no way I e could watch tonight's debate and conclude Vance is a radical

3. I think Vance's demeanor and tactics threw off Walz. I'm sure they prepped for a much more aggressive and looser Vance performance. It's really hard when Vance looked more reasonable than Walz most of the debate.
frenchtoast
I didn't watch. Which candidate exuded more joy?
Big Al 1992
AG
Another missed point that just was in the news today - Kamala didn't attend any hurricane briefings the last 3 1/2 years - how can they offer anything to those in the Carolinas, Georgia, Tenn.
Muy
AG
one safe place said:

I have always felt voters should have to take a test in order to vote. Just to be sure they have a little knowledge of the issues, that they have an idea of current events, and at least a minimal understanding of where the candidates stand on things.

Those on this thread who think his surname is "Waltz" would have lost your right to vote.

I believed that in high school in the 80's. Then I got out of college and believed that also should have skin in the game (pay federal income tax) to get a say in who our national leaders are.
UntoldSpirit
AG
Dan Scott said:

I think the Dems got their message.

I'm so glad he didn't take the bait and say Biden won the election fair and square. That would have lost more votes than anything. We have an election integrity problem that was exacerbated by the 2020 voting rules, but continues as we go forward. It needs to be fixed.
TAMU1990
AG
Jason_Roofer said:

Walz controlled this debate. That's tough for me to say but since I've already decided…like 2 years ago….it doesn't matter. Waltz knew his goal and his audience and he nailed it. Vance wasn't bad but his wasn't as effective. While it doesn't change my mind on anything, it does screw up my confidence of how easily Trump can win a little. 6 months ago, I'd be shocked if Trump lost, now, I don't think I'd be overly surprised either way. That's not good.

Nothing to do now but vote and hope for the best.
No he didn't.
richardag
stetson said:

"President Trump said this", President Trump said that, do you agree with President Trump "? Not one time did they say, "Vice-President Harris said this or that, do you agree with her". No questions about energy, just the same skewed questions as the presidential debate. Just terrible.
And anyone who understands the bias of the MSM knows exactly why. That and VP Harris has done so many flip flops it exposes the Harris/Walz campaign as a complete sham.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
ANSC Ag
AG
Dan Scott said:

The irony of a party desperately grasping to outrage over an event of their own creation while pushing a candidate that did the very thing they are clutching their pearls over is wonderful.
MelvinUdall
JayHowdy! said:

Muy said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Harold Ford just said Vance had a better night. He's on the Fox News payroll of course but he actually seems like one of the very few sane Democrats left alive on planet earth.

Harold is an infinitely more rational and likeable Dem than Juan Williams and Jessica Tarlof.

20 years ago. I really thought that Harold Ford Jr. was going to be the first African-American President. I thought he was that good and middle of the road Democrat. He was much like Bill Clinton. FYI I have been a Conservative since the mid 80s.

I am a huge fan of Harold Ford Jr, and I really like his perspectives on things and how he frames debates when he is on The Five. I don't agree with him on a lot of his politics, but I will certainly listen to him and respect him at the end of the day.
4stringAg
AG
UntoldSpirit said:

Dan Scott said:

I'm so glad he didn't take the bait and say Biden won the election fair and square. That would have lost more votes than anything. We have an election integrity problem that was exacerbated by the 2020 voting rules, but continues as we go forward. It needs to be fixed.

The Dems are going to run with that of course because they are the ones that care about it. J6 is meaningless.
Muy
AG
Not to mention the Dems made up a Russian collusion hoax after Trump won to tie this nation up for the majority of his term.
Muy
AG
4stringAg said:

UntoldSpirit said:

Dan Scott said:

The Dems are going to run with that of course because they are the ones that care about it. J6 is meaningless.

If anyone's top reason for their vote is Jan 6th, they are unserious morons.
MelvinUdall
TAMU1990 said:

Jason_Roofer said:

Walz controlled this debate. That's tough for me to say but since I've already decided…like 2 years ago….it doesn't matter. Waltz knew his goal and his audience and he nailed it. Vance wasn't bad but his wasn't as effective. While it doesn't change my mind on anything, it does screw up my confidence of how easily Trump can win a little. 6 months ago, I'd be shocked if Trump lost, now, I don't think I'd be overly surprised either way. That's not good.

Nothing to do now but vote and hope for the best.
No he didn't.

Jason_Roofer, what debate did you watch?
4stringAg
AG
Muy said:

4stringAg said:

UntoldSpirit said:

Dan Scott said:

Exactly. They also weren't voting for Trump anyway.
Fat Black Swan
AG
ANSC Ag
AG
J6 doesn't fill your pocket, plate, or gas tank.

That's all Rs should focus on.

"Joy can't fill your pocket, your plate, or gas tank. All 3 had more in them 4 years ago."
Kentucky Jeff
Muy said:

4stringAg said:

UntoldSpirit said:

Dan Scott said:

Yeah, that J6 "gotcha" only appeals to those who are already voting for Cacks.
byfLuger41
AG
Those mods were trash!
TO THE DROP ZONE!!!
Muy
AG
Jan 6 did show how bad the left are at protecting any borders.
AggieVictor10
AG
Neither one controlled it
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
bobbranco
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

bobbranco said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Really wish Vance would attack Walz on the Minneapolis George Floyd riots he let go unchecked for days that turned into 27 deaths and 2 billion dollars in damage across the country.
That would have been a non-starter.
What do you mean? It's the perfect attack and pivot on what a failed leader Walz is while they are having a Jan 6 circle jerk in which Trump told protestors to go and make their voices heard peacefully.
It would give the mods, Walz and plenty other to call Vance racist. Duhhhhhhhhhhhh
AG
Been watching CNN, literally the only thing they've talked about is January 6th. Such a cop out, nobody cares!!
Dan Scott
AG
Holy Bloomberg! Nice choice of a picture

bobbranco
AG
BQ78 said:

Fox, Vance won
CNN: Walz did a bad job of rebutting Vance's lies about abortion and J6
MSNBC: Vance is a f***ing liar on abortion and J6
Vance won. Ya putzes.
ANSC Ag
AG
Independents don't
Bondag
AG
AgDad121619 said:

4stringAg said:

No question on the longshoremen strike. Spent more time on abortion than the economy. Border. Climate change. J6. Healthcare. Childcare.

Many of the questions framed to protect Dems or chide Trump.

Vance masterfully handled it.
the top two issues are the economy and border - climate change maybe makes top 10 and literally no one give a crap about J6. It is not anyone's list of concerns in '24

Can we fact check about the "dozens of officers who died as a result"
Muy
AG
Dan Scott said:

Holy Bloomberg! Nice choice of a picture

Is he at Willy Wonka's factory and stole a berry to eat?
kgtg79
1939 said:

Been watching CNN, literally the only thing they've talked about is January 6th. Such a cop out, nobody cares!!

This is how we know that Vance cleaned his clock.
AgDad121619
AG
Bondag said:

AgDad121619 said:

4stringAg said:

No question on the longshoremen strike. Spent more time on abortion than the economy. Border. Climate change. J6. Healthcare. Childcare.

the top two issues are the economy and border - climate change maybe makes top 10 and literally no one give a crap about J6. It is not anyone's list of concerns in '24

my wife looked at me immediately and said he just lied about there being "dozens" of deaths.
TAMU1990
AG
policywonk98 said:

DailyWire is doing its own discussion of debate. I'm with Shapiro on this. Vance killed Walz in this debate, but what he didn't do is paint Walz and Kamala as the radicals they are. It will be interesting to see if that matters.

The Counterpoint to Shapiro was Boreing who said that Vance would have gained nothing if he attack dogged his way through this debate. He came across as empathetic, smart, and willing to lead changes on things that people care about. He believes that Vance was talking directly to the people that are on the fence about Trump and tonight Vance gave them a reason to trust Trump/Vance.

I agree on both these points.

Neither of them are saying it moves the needle. But to the extent any needles would move, Vance employed the right tactic.

I agree with Shapiro because attack dog Vance only appeals to the base. He was going to the limited slice of voters who are truly "undecided" or malleable.
richardag
BQRyno said:

Ag_07 said:

I still don't understand why the Dems are using these turn the page, new day, etc etc slogans.

Kamala is the VP and is the current page. Turning the page is exactly what we need.
I hoped Vance would say at some point that he agrees with Walz that we can't have 4 more years of this.
That would have been both true and a great point made.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Muy
AG
AgDad121619 said:

Bondag said:

AgDad121619 said:

4stringAg said:

my wife looked at me immediately and said he just lied about there being "dozens" of deaths.

Didn't he also say 100+ police officers were beaten up that day?
RGLAG85
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

ProgN said:

Memes and sound bites rule politics, but it seems to me that going after this verbal gaffe is not a winning strategy.

But I've been wrong before.

Not often.
Yes, you've only been wrong once, for you're whole life!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.