***Official VP Debate Thread***

118,639 Views | 1346 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Tom Fox
Tom Kazansky 2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FatZilla
AG
Muy said:

I thought my ears deceived me when I heard it but Jesse Waters confirmed that Walz said "I have friends who were school shooters".

He said he made friends with sandy hook parents and school shooters im pretty sure. I caught that too lol
dreyOO
If I'm a Trump supporter, I already made up my mind and am thankful to have Vance backing and cleaning up.

If I'm a Kamala supporter, I'm wondering how the hell she is on the top of the ticket when any other decent politician is so much smoother and smarter.

Trump at least has a record to stand on. She's got nothing but a cackle and track record of failure. It's ****ing amazing.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Harold Ford just said Vance had a better night. He's on the Fox News payroll of course but he actually seems like one of the very few sane Democrats left alive on planet earth.
ProgN
Muy
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Harold Ford just said Vance had a better night. He's on the Fox News payroll of course but he actually seems like one of the very few sane Democrats left alive on planet earth.

Harold is an infinitely more rational and likeable Dem than Juan Williams and Jessica Tarlof.
ProgN
Not Coach Jimbo
Surprised to be seeing people say walz did well.

My wife (who does not follow politics at all) was bashing him left and right for not answering questions and other numerous things.

I don't think he came off as good as you were hoping, but certainly didn't have the meltdown we had all been pining for.
kgtg79
infinity ag said:

Jason_Roofer said:

Walz controlled this debate. That's tough for me to say but since I've already decided…like 2 years ago….it doesn't matter. Waltz knew his goal and his audience and he nailed it. Vance wasn't bad but his wasn't as effective. While it doesn't change my mind on anything, it does ruin my confidence of how easily Trump can win. 6 months ago, I'd be shocked is Trump lost, now, I don't think I'd be overly surprised either way. That's not good.

Nothing to do now but vote and hope for the best.

Hahahahahaha

You are laughable.Vance cleaned his clock
4stringAg
AG
No question on the longshoremen strike. Spent more time on abortion than the economy. Border. Climate change. J6. Healthcare. Childcare.

Many of the questions framed to protect Dems or chide Trump.

Vance masterfully handled it.
BQRyno
AG
Ag_07 said:

I still don't understand why the Dems are using these turn the page, new day, etc etc slogans.

Kamala is the VP and is the current page. Turning the page is exactly what we need.

I hoped Vance would say at some point that he agrees with Walz that we can't have 4 more years of this.
CanyonAg77
AG
ProgN said:

Memes and sound bites rule politics, but it seems to me that going after this verbal gaffe is not a winning strategy.

But I've been wrong before.

Not often.
Big Al 1992
AG
2 missed opportunities for Vance
1) health care - all he had to do is remind people Kamala said everyone including illegals would be covered - and that will certainly increase your cost and access will be limited.
2) use some of Kamala's quotes just like the moderators used Trump's quotes - since they quoted Trump several times and never Kamala.
4stringAg
AG
Walz lied a lot during the debate. The most egregious one was that border crossings are down compared to Trump.
GoAgs11
Friends with school shooter is just bizarre
Waffledynamics
AG
Hot take

JayHowdy!
Muy said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Harold is an infinitely more rational and likeable Dem than Juan Williams and Jessica Tarlof.

20 years ago. I really thought that Harold Ford Jr. was going to be the first African-American President. I thought he was that good and middle of the road Democrat. He was much like Bill Clinton. FYI I have been a Conservative since the mid 80s.

yippee2
AG
Tim came across as fidgety and unsure

Vance came across as the adult in the room
GoAgs11
Waffledynamics said:

Hot take

Thanks I was curious what Arraon Rupar was thinking
BartInLA
Waltz totally lied about that!!!!

Politicians are political and to lie is like breathing.
Dan Scott
AG
BartInLA
Is Vance a Flat Earther?
GoAgs11
Dan Scott said:

Thanks i was wondering what Ro Khanna was thinking
boulderaggie
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

2 missed opportunities for Vance
1) health care - all he had to do is remind people Kamala said everyone including illegals would be covered - and that will certainly increase your cost and access will be limited.
2) use some of Kamala's quotes just like the moderators used Trump's quotes - since they quoted Trump several times and never Kamala.
3) and at least 8 babies were left to die (and eventually died) after being born alive following botched abortions in MN since Walz signed that bill.
WestTexAg12
AG
Who gives a flying F about Jan 6 and the 2020 election still? Not a single independent ia going to base their vote on "muh democracy" and J6.

They care about the economy, immigration, energy, healthcare (both sides of it).
Who?mikejones!
ANSC Ag
AG
I'd like the "he lost the election" people's reaction to the recent report that Dominion was demonstrably easy to hack and alter.
Muy
AG
GoAgs11 said:

Dan Scott said:

Thanks i was wondering what Ro Khanna was thinking

He sure has a lazy method of deciding what's best for America.
policywonk98
AG
DailyWire is doing its own discussion of debate. I'm with Shapiro on this. Vance killed Walz in this debate, but what he didn't do is paint Walz and Kamala as the radicals they are. It will be interesting to see if that matters.

The Counterpoint to Shapiro was Boreing who said that Vance would have gained nothing if he attack dogged his way through this debate. He came across as empathetic, smart, and willing to lead changes on things that people care about. He believes that Vance was talking directly to the people that are on the fence about Trump and tonight Vance gave them a reason to trust Trump/Vance.

I agree on both these points.

Neither of them are saying it moves the needle. But to the extent any needles would move, Vance employed the right tactic.
Dan Scott
AG
I think the Dems got their message.

one safe place
I have always felt voters should have to take a test in order to vote. Just to be sure they have a little knowledge of the issues, that they have an idea of current events, and at least a minimal understanding of where the candidates stand on things.

Those on this thread who think his surname is "Waltz" would have lost your right to vote.
Philip J Fry
AG
Yeah. Walz lost because he was over prepared.
RGLAG85
AG
Jason_Roofer said:

Walz controlled this debate. That's tough for me to say but since I've already decided…like 2 years ago….it doesn't matter. Waltz knew his goal and his audience and he nailed it. Vance wasn't bad but his wasn't as effective. While it doesn't change my mind on anything, it does screw up my confidence of how easily Trump can win a little. 6 months ago, I'd be shocked if Trump lost, now, I don't think I'd be overly surprised either way. That's not good.

Nothing to do now but vote and hope for the best.
WOW! As I said to the other troll, we watched two different debates. Eventhough the questions were biasedly slanted against Trump, and never about Harris, he masterfully navigated the lies and attacks. It wasn't even close!
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Vance would have gained nothing if he attack dogged his way through this debate. He came across as empathetic, smart, and willing to lead changes on things that people care about. He believes that Vance was talking directly to the people that are on the fence about Trump and tonight Vance gave them a reason to trust Trump/Vance.
I agree.

We right-leaning political junkies wanted Vance to wipe the floor with Tampon Tim.

But the votes being swayed are of those in the mushy middle, and they want nice, touchy-feely crap.
AgDad121619
AG
4stringAg said:

No question on the longshoremen strike. Spent more time on abortion than the economy. Border. Climate change. J6. Healthcare. Childcare.

Many of the questions framed to protect Dems or chide Trump.

Vance masterfully handled it.
the top two issues are the economy and border - climate change maybe makes top 10 and literally no one give a crap about J6. It is not anyone's list of concerns in '24

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.