Was about to buy a Hedley & Bennett apron...

5,272 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by agcrock2005
TRADUCTOR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mental image of guys wearing aprons.

C@LAg
TRADUCTOR said:

is that real, or a parody.

I cannot tell.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Logos Stick said:

Ag CPA said:

The real story here is that you were about to buy an apron...

What should he do? Shoplift one from Walmart?

Of course not, but restaurant supply ones from Acemart or a similar place would be more sufficient, cheaper, and practical. I have several in case I leave one somewhere.

https://www.acemart.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=apron&resultsPerPage=48
TRADUCTOR
C@LAg said:

TRADUCTOR said:

is that real, or a parody.

I cannot tell.

We now live in a world where truth is just gone man.
Watch, just deem it wrong and unreal. All good.

Its wrong and not real.
ts5641
harris walz and camo are things that don't go together.
BigOil
AG
Well, OP. You can still buy one, just don't get that one. It's not that hard.
Anti-taxxer
AG
NINETY FIVE DOLLARS FOR AN APRON?!?
TRADUCTOR
Anti-taxxer said:

FYI: The apron is not the voter class of democrats.
Secolobo
AG
Do these aprons come with pellet grills?
usmcbrooks
Quote:

We've been doing lots of fun stuff at H&B the last few years, but getting to team up with the Harris-Walz campaign to create these aprons is a highlight. (And to be name-dropped alongside other awesome merch collaborators like Ulla Johnson and Thom Brown is pretty cool too). So go get your aprons. Support Harris-Walz. Save the country. And cook like a commander in chief!
That's a guy that gets pegged twice a week by his wife.
agcrock2005
AG
BigOil said:

Well, OP. You can still buy one, just don't get that one. It's not that hard.
Very helpful. Thank you.
EclipseAg
AG
Nothing wrong with wearing an apron if you are really cooking. Grease spatters can ruin a shirt.

Of course, not needed If you're just microwaving a Stouffer's lasagna.
CrackerJackAg
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Ag CPA said:

Not sure what to make of this comment. If you cook with any real skill, you either wear an apron or constantly ruin clothes.

That's amateur home-cooked ***** I've worn crisp white jackets in kitchens for 10 hours and walked out in white, albeit less crisp, jackets.

It was my first real job after TAMU. I had the joy of learning that money spent on culinary school and becoming a chef just makes you poor and really tired.

If you are slinging food all over yourself you have a problem. Slow down or get better at what you do.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

I had the joy of learning that money spent on culinary school and becoming a chef just makes you poor and really tired.
Sorry you weren't good enough at cooking to make it a successful job. Must make you sad when people that didn't go to culinary school and wear aprons turn their passion into a successful business.
CrackerJackAg
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

I had the joy of learning that money spent on culinary school and becoming a chef just makes you poor and really tired.
Sorry you weren't good enough at cooking to make it a successful job. Must make you sad when people that didn't go to culinary school and wear aprons turn their passion into a successful business.

Very hateful of you. Sorry you live your life that way.

I was very good at it and still do a lot of it. Very passionate about it but not to the extent that I didn't want to provide the most I could for my family both in time and resources.

My parents own a restaurant and it's too much risk for too little reward.

I walked out of that job and make 7 times what I did as a chef within 18 months. More today.

Feeling pretty good about it.

RGLAG85
AG
Dang, I must be doing it wrong, cooked our whole Thanksgiving meal, and I mean everything, in a white shirt and never got one spot on me. Messy and skilled are not synonymous.
Tanya 93
Some people obviously do not bake from scratch. You do need an apron for that..
Athanasius
AG
C@LAg said:

you can buy aprons at walmart for $6.

if you use it enough it will eventually develop it own natural camouflage patterning.
That's called 'seasoning'
agcrock2005
AG
CrackerJackAg said:

agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

I was very good at it and still do a lot of it. Very passionate about it but not to the extent that I didn't want to provide the most I could for my family both in time and resources.

I walked out of that job and make 7 times what I did as a chef within 18 months. More today.

Sorry princess but you were the one coming in talking trash. I started this thread about the politics, not about whether aprons meant you were a ****ty cook or not.
EclipseAg
AG
Weird argument.

Barbecue pit masters wear aprons. High-end chefs wear aprons. Contestants on "Beat Bobby Flay" wear aprons (heck, even BF wears one).

When I had the good fortune to meet Chef Thomas Keller at The French Laundry, he was wearing an apron. If you go to the Truth Barbecue website, there are pictures of Leonard Botello wearing an apron.

Certainly, one can cook a fantastic meal and not spill anything on yourself. I do it all the time. But if you do spill, or something splatters or splashes, it's nice to be wearing an apron.

You can also store things in the pockets. Like a towel. Or a meat thermometer. Or your phone, so you can check TexAgs while your sauce is simmering.
milner79
Anti-taxxer said:

CrackerJackAg
AG
agcrock2005 said:

CrackerJackAg said:

agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

Sorry princess but you were the one coming in talking trash. I started this thread about the politics, not about whether aprons meant you were a ****ty cook or not.

"Princess"??? Name calling? You are obviously very touchy and sensitive. Very effeminate in your responses. Best wishes.
Viper16
AG
Ag CPA said:

LOL!
Psycho Bunny
He's just salty, that he's getting clowned on for wanting to buy a 100 dollar apron. I for one use the wife's old towels she no longer needs.
Time, like hope is only an illusion.

The only reason we die is, because we accept death as an inevitability
agcrock2005
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

He's just salty, that he's getting clowned on for wanting to buy a 100 dollar apron. I for one use the wife's old towels she no longer needs.
Definitely not salty about that guy talking trash. You can give me all the crap about the price but the talk of not needing one is ridiculous. You don't even know the context of why I would need one. Am I cooking for 5 people and can go really slow, or 2,000 people in 10 hours and have to "slinging food all over myself"? That's what I was "salty" about.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.