Was about to buy a Hedley & Bennett apron...

5,251 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by agcrock2005
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
**** them! All this focus on manly Harris supporters is pretty funny lately. Can't imagine anyone who wears camo being Harris supporters. Bunch of weird creepy older white guys dancing around in their Harris/Walz shirts too. Really weird stuff going on right now.

EDIT to include more context from owners husbands IG:
Quote:

Taking a break from my semi-permanent social media hiatus to share something I'm super stoked about: Harris-Walz-@hedleyandbennett aprons went live on the @kamalaharris store today! … We've been doing lots of fun stuff at H&B the last few years, but getting to team up with the Harris-Walz campaign to create these aprons is a highlight. (And to be name-dropped alongside other awesome merch collaborators like Ulla Johnson and Thom Brown is pretty cool too). So go get your aprons. Support Harris-Walz. Save the country. And cook like a commander in chief!

Funky Winkerbean
AG
That's for the serial killer Dexter types to chop up the bodies.
Ag CPA
AG
The real story here is that you were about to buy an apron...
C@LAg
you can buy aprons at walmart for $6.

if you use it enough it will eventually develop it own natural camouflage patterning.
C@LAg
Ag CPA said:

did not want to splatter sauce and/or juices on his MAGA tshirt.
agcrock2005
AG
Ha. I cook a LOT. Have a catering company. And no MAGA shirts, yet.
Logos Stick
Ag CPA said:

What should he do? Shoplift one from Walmart?
FIDO*98*
AG
Ag CPA said:

Not sure what to make of this comment. If you cook with any real skill, you either wear an apron or constantly ruin clothes.
Scruffy
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Ag CPA said:

Not sure what to make of this comment. If you cook with any real skill, you either wear an apron or constantly ruin clothes.

I cook very often and haven't ruined any clothes.....maybe skill of the chef?
Psycho Bunny
Who pays 95 dollars on an apron? Use a throw down towel the wife never uses. Come on folks, this is like buying the 250 dollar cast iron skillet from Yeti. But hey, if you want to waste money like that, whom am I stop you.
Time, like hope is only an illusion.

The only reason we die is, because we accept death as an inevitability
TAMUallen
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Ha. I cook a LOT. Have a catering company. And no MAGA shirts, yet.

I mean you know the shirts you're going to get dirty... no need to ruin a great shirt
agcrock2005
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

Who pays 95 dollars on an apron? Use a throw down towel the wife never uses. Come on folks, this is like buying the 250 dollar cast iron skillet from Yeti. But hey, if you want to waste money like that, whom am I stop you.
I wanted to which is why I posted about wanting to.
IslanderAg04
I still find it funny that they'll call Walz "Coach" yet slander Tuberville as a dumb football coach. Then they expect middle age men to follow along.
Tabasco
AG
Ag CPA said:

For $95!
Mookie
AG
Texas Heritage Woodworking in Menard is Aggie owned and they sell awesome shop/industrial aprons. Buy from them.
FIDO*98*
AG
Scruffy said:

FIDO*98* said:

Ag CPA said:

Exactly. Skilled cooking takes high heat, rapid movements, and getting the occasional splatter is inevitable. Sometimes you need to wipe a hand quickly and don't have time to look for a towel. Cooking often correlates but doesn't necessarily translate to skill.
American Hardwood
AG
Scruffy said:

FIDO*98* said:

Ag CPA said:

Making a bologna sandwich and opening a bag of Cheetos doesn't count as "cooking often". HTH
BkYdPitmaster
AG
Scruffy said:

FIDO*98* said:

Ag CPA said:

Nothing to do with skill. The more skillful you become, i.e. really work at your cooking, the more you're likely wearing a good apron. We have several h&b aprons. Maybe not so much anymore!
Jack Squat 83
AG
The dedication to their religion by some of these companies is astounding, and astoundingly dumb.

I'm not going to go to their website but is this camo apron a one-off or are hunters, etc their primary customer? Thanks for the head's up OP......they don't want my money obviously.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
agcrock2005
AG
Jack Squat 83 said:

The dedication to their religion by some of these companies is astounding, and astoundingly dumb.

I'm not going to go to their website but is this camo apron a one-off or are hunters, etc their primary customer? Thanks for the head's up OP......they don't want my money obviously.
No, their customers are serious chefs and cooks in the restaurant industry. Was pretty surprised to see that which is why I posted. Not smart business decision.
Phatbob
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Ag CPA said:

Or you have better aim
BadMoonRisin
AG
Nothing says I'm not gay and my wife isn't a beard like camouflage.

No one is on to him yet...except when the see his limp waisted jazz hands wave
one safe place
Scruffy said:

FIDO*98* said:

Ag CPA said:

Tofu, lettuce, and carrots don't make much of a mess?
Psycho Bunny
Garrelli 5000
AG
Where do you see it? That doesn't look like their website.

Is it possible someone else ordered in bulk with custom embroidery. It's an option.
Scruffy
AG
This has become a very interesting conversation.....
I'm amazed at the amount of insistence at my cooking skills and what I make.

All because I dared call out "the texags chef" on needing an apron.
C@LAg
Garrelli 5000 said:

Is it possible someone else ordered in bulk with custom embroidery. It's an option.
They are making it FOR the Harris campaign to sell on their web page:

https://store.kamalaharris.com/hedley-bennett-harris-walz-camo-apron/
chaca5151
agcrock2005 said:

Jack Squat 83 said:

No, their customers are serious chefs and cooks in the restaurant industry. Was pretty surprised to see that which is why I posted. Not smart business decision.

I am one of those serious chefs and will return mine to them. I'm not sure what condition I want to send it back in. I didn't wear it much because the lent from our kitchen towels would cover the apron.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
Psycho Bunny
Garrelli 5000 said:

Did some digging, here is the link since OP didn't provide one. Question, why is OP looking at the Harris Walz merch website?

Trigon Jin
C@LAg said:

Ag CPA said:

Where I'm from we call that a christening, and it's a right of passage. Shirt condoms have no place in front of the pit.
bobbranco
AG
Get a canvas Buc-ees apron

Price is lower in store.

https://www.johnnysgoods.com/products/buc-ees-apron-full-length-big-beaver-logo?srsltid=AfmBOoo_n8KSBkkhc1tjmPEOy0rxFJIvJaMlCt465imuF3yy5X6p3132.
No Spin Ag
Trigon Jin said:

C@LAg said:

Ag CPA said:

Where I'm from we call that a christening, and it's a right of passage. Shirt condoms have no place in front of the pit.

"Hear, hear!!"
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
agcrock2005
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

Garrelli 5000 said:

Did some digging, here is the link since OP didn't provide one. Question, why is OP looking at the Harris Walz merch website?

Username fits. Bet you have a pecker too and pretend you don't.
aglaohfour
AG
Are they making it for Harris-Walz as a show of support/are they donating proceeds from the sales to the campaign? Or did the campaign buy HB aprons to embroider and sell? It's an important distinction.

I love my HB apron, it's by far the best one I own.
agcrock2005
AG
This is the owners husband IG. Not I didn't spend hours (or anything close reseraching this crap). Just saw a product I wanted to buy and came across this thanks to X.

Quote:

Taking a break from my semi-permanent social media hiatus to share something I'm super stoked about: Harris-Walz-@hedleyandbennett aprons went live on the @kamalaharris store today! … We've been doing lots of fun stuff at H&B the last few years, but getting to team up with the Harris-Walz campaign to create these aprons is a highlight. (And to be name-dropped alongside other awesome merch collaborators like Ulla Johnson and Thom Brown is pretty cool too). So go get your aprons. Support Harris-Walz. Save the country. And cook like a commander in chief!

https://instagr.am/p/DAIQA_-R-26
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.