"Trans Aggies are Aggies too"

6,265 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by Flower Child
deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keller6Ag91 said:

barbacoa taco said:

Quote:

It was very conservative in my opinion and had tons of religious student organizations to partake in.
those organizations are still there
Very much so. Impact, Christian sororities and fraternities, Breakaway, etc.

Authentic Christian community is easy to find in Aggieland if you're looking for it as a student.
It's very impressive indeed. Both my kids that go there have flourished spiritually and personally. Impact was a game changer.
Gigem314
AG
Quote:

If you're getting your impression about campus from the Battalion and similar, you're not getting a good one.
Relying on the Battalion to provide an accurate gauge of the climate on campus is like relying on Donald Trump to give an accurate review of a Taylor Swift concert.
Burrus86
AG
usmcbrooks said:

Aggie Therapist said:

What are y'all's thoughts?

Maybe "she" should try tu......remember, cocks not Glocks. It would fit right in.

Kraft Punk
Maybe get your acne figured out before trying to chop your own hog off
rathAG05
AG
Gross.
rathAG05
AG
Kraft Punk said:

Maybe get your acne figured out before trying to chop your own hog off
Aggie Therapist
AG
Gigem314 said:

Quote:

If you're getting your impression about campus from the Battalion and similar, you're not getting a good one.
Relying on the Battalion to provide an accurate gauge of the climate on campus is like relying on Donald Trump to give an accurate review of a Taylor Swift concert.

Donald Trump HATES Taylor Swift!
BQ_90
AG
The article

https://thebatt.com/life-arts/trans-aggies-are-aggies-too/

Since when is it the university responsibility (tax payers) job to provide gender affirming care?

Hell my buddy's son couldn't even get in to treat his pinkeye
BadMoonRisin
AG
Look, I'm not going to be mean to trans people, I'd treat them just like any other random person I encounter on the street.

The problem is that they do not want to be treated like any other person on the street. They demand to be treated special and have society cater to their mental illness.

That's gonna be a no from me dawg.
zephyr88
AG
Keller6Ag91 said:

barbacoa taco said:

Quote:

It was very conservative in my opinion and had tons of religious student organizations to partake in.
those organizations are still there
Very much so. Impact, Christian sororities and fraternities, Breakaway, etc.

Authentic Christian community is easy to find in Aggieland if you're looking for it as a student.
But the authentic Christian community doesn't get front page pagan news exposure like the trans-dudes.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Severe mental illness.
TexAgs Firestorm Survivor
#NeverForget
AggieVictor10
AG
Right on
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
HILLJE61
Just let everyone live. Agree with all school policies and just really don' t have to take issues on anything. Nothing is a threat to us. Just let live and enjoy.
Hillje
FrioAg 00
AG
Reminds me of a comedian who really nailed it…

The real problem is today's cross dressing freaks completely gave up on doing it well.

There was a time they really committed to their craft. It took some real detective skills to figure out they weren't a woman. Todays trannies just look like ugly dudes wearing the wrong clothes and makeup.

Put in the f'ing work.
zephyr88
AG
HILLJE61 said:

Just let everyone live. Agree with all school policies and just really don' t have to take issues on anything. Nothing is a threat to us. Just let live and enjoy.
So, accept their perversion? Hell no.

Remember, all this crap started with "we just want to be able to get married".
nortex97
AG
JohnnyStatueNow said:

There are little sects. Nothing more. The Batt has become more and more liberal and pushes stuff out like this to try to normalize it.
The batt has essentially always been a far left/liberal rag.

And as far as mental illnesses, when I was a freshman (1993) there was even a girl in one of the dorms around the commons (Krueger/Mosher etc, can't remember the specifics) who gave birth and then threw the baby into a dumpster/trash receptacle. Very sad.

It's a big school, and has been, with kids going through a lot of challenges so sad/tragic stories have/always will be around.
ME92
AG
nortex97 said:

JohnnyStatueNow said:

There are little sects. Nothing more. The Batt has become more and more liberal and pushes stuff out like this to try to normalize it.
The batt has essentially always been a far left/liberal rag.

And as far as mental illnesses, when I was a freshman (1993) there was even a girl in one of the dorms around the commons (Krueger/Mosher etc, can't remember the specifics) who gave birth and then threw the baby into a dumpster/trash receptacle. Very sad.

It's a big school, and has been, with kids going through a lot of challenges so sad/tragic stories have/always will be around.
Mosher. I'm pretty sure it was Mosher.
PacoPicoPiedra
AG
I don't give a **** what anyone wants to be, wants to do with their own body, or what their opinions are on the subject. All I ask is they don't somehow involve me, keep it to themselves, and stop shouting it from the rooftops. If you don't want to hear dissenting opinions, then keep your damn business to your damn self.
Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception.
Frag
AG
Bring back asylums.
WC87
AG
one step from

THEY ARE THE AGGIES THE AGGIES ARE THEY/THEM
AS INCLUSIVE AS AGGIES CAN BE

Serious post, they are Aggies of course, but they are their birth gender.
MD1993
AG
I think we are burying the story. Texas A&M offers a degree in LGBTQ Studies. Really, what value does that create? What job, except an activist? That is highway robbery by TAMU.
Widgetlover
AG
This has nothing to do with the article, I'm here for the quack shack stories.
When I was at A&M, my boyfriend and I at the time were making out at research park. I got bitten by a spider. I went to the quack shack to get it looked at. He spotted my neck and said," you have another spider bite on your neck". The doctor couldn't distinguish between a spider bite and a hicky. What a scholar.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Realistically, how many trans people are at A&M, a dozen?

We don't have an office catering to people that are 7'4" and taller, why do we need special services for any other incredibly rare demographic?
Anonymous Source
S
MD1993 said:

I think we are burying the story. Texas A&M offers a degree in LGBTQ Studies. Really, what value does that create? What job, except an activist? That is highway robbery by TAMU.
Not a degree. A 15-hour minor.
Gig 'Em
BrazosDog02
AG
HILLJE61 said:

The older I get, the more I am in agreement with you.

There are so many things on the planet that I don't understand or agree with. Democrats, greenie weenies, people who drive cars and not trucks, small dog owners, Catholics, .... It is possible to not get worked up over it and even have relationships with these people without agreeing or accepting anything.

Personally, rther than wring my hands over what some dude/dudette on campus is doing with their body, I prefer to spend all that time raising my kids in what I consider to be the 'right' way so that they don't make decisions that I would consider "wrong". What the OP guy is doing is none of my concern. I don't care. Stay busy, take care of your family, turn off the news, and you won't be bothered by such things. We aren't on this planet very long, wasting time worrying about stolen elections, gays, trannies, potheads...no one has time for that...it's fluff....distractions from what is important.
C@LAg
congrats on your capitulation to tyranny.

it is not a case of "live and let live".

it is a case of they demand special treatment that is then enforced in work/social environments and of course funded via our taxes disproportionately to other issues and needs all so they can play make believe.

they want equality?

then they should sit down, STFU and deal and pay for the issues tied to their delusions and bad decisions on their own and leave the rest of us out of it. then they can have that "equality" the rest of us have to live with.
zephyr88
AG
C@LAg said:

congrats on your capitulation to tyranny.

it is not a case of "live and let live".

it is a case of they demand special treatment that is then enforced in work/social environments and of course funded via our taxes disproportionately to other issues and needs all so they can play make believe.

they want equality?

then they should sit down, STFU and deal and pay for the issues tied to their delusions and bad decisions on their own and leave the rest of us out of it. then they can have that "equality" the rest of us have to live with.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Frag said:

Bring back asylums.
We talk about this a lot in the mental health community.

Asylums and long term hospital stays cost money. Insurance didn't want to pay.

I believe it was in the 80s/early 90s that insurance companies started pushing back, forcing inpatient facilities to turn into an in and out processing unit. Patients need longer stays in order to receive actual treatment and therapy.
zgolfz85
AG
so much barf
aggiejayrod
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

Realistically, how many trans people are at A&M, a dozen?

We don't have an office catering to people that are 7'4" and taller, why do we need special services for any other incredibly rare demographic?

I'm fairly sure that's called the basketball coach's office
deddog
AG
They want gender affirming care? Great.
Why are they demanding the university provide it?

Get it on your own using your insurance.
deddog
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I work in a mental health hospital as a clinical therapist and a lot of trans people come here for help.
Glad to hear it. They do need help.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
MD1993 said:

You can get it in the same building as your journalism degree.
WC87
AG
Gender studies First Day of class

Me: Raises hand

Prof: Yes?

Me: I've studied this and there are only 2 genders, male and female. Please mark me as an A. Peace out.
Rapier108
If a sinkhole swallowed up Bolton Hall, I don't think most people would be too upset.

And because I'm sure this will get flagged, I'm not wishing for it to happen or wanting anyone to get hurt. It is purely a tongue in cheek comment in reference to fact that all of those are worthless areas of study which do nothing but produce people who are more concerned with pronouns, supporting Hamas, or joining antifa.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.