"Trans Aggies are Aggies too"

4,727 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Gig em G
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting article from the Battalion.

From Draggieland, to being able to minor in LGTBQ+ studies at A&M, it seems as if trans people are becoming more and more accepted at Texas A&M. Campus seems much different from how it was when I was there in 2008. It was very conservative in my opinion and had tons of religious student organizations to partake in.

But perhaps I'm out of touch because I'm not on campus anymore and just judging off of articles and publications.

What are y'all's thoughts?
Jack Boyette
He's a mentally ill Aggie, yes.
TexAgs91
AG
In another 4 years the Batt will be telling us pedo Aggies are Aggies too.
ShaggySLC
That's a male Aggie that thinks he is a female. Just needs some reality and a counselor. Not castration.
AG
When you have 70,000 students there are bound to be a few that are mentally ill.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Rapier108
My thoughts are most people wouldn't care one way or the other, but instead they insist on shoving it in everyone's face 24/7.

You do you (you as in the general sense, not the OP specifically), but quit demanding everyone else agree, affirm, and partake in your delusions, and try to destroy anyone who refuses.

And The Batt is a worthless, leftist rag I wouldn't wrap fish in. It was 20 years ago and still is.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
JohnnyStatueNow
AG
There are little sects. Nothing more. The Batt has become more and more liberal and pushes stuff out like this to try to normalize it.
barbacoa taco
AG
Quote:

It was very conservative in my opinion and had tons of religious student organizations to partake in.
those organizations are still there
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
At least make the effort. Yukes
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Kozmozag
Minor attracted person aggies are aggies too.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
agdoc2001
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bobbranco
AG
Damn. One ugly dude.

Brings joy to the Democrats.
ShaggySLC
Rapier108 said:

My thoughts are most people wouldn't care one way or the other, but instead they insist on shoving it in everyone's face 24/7.

You do you (you as in the general sense, not the OP specifically), but quit demanding everyone else agree, affirm, and partake in your delusions, and try to destroy anyone who refuses.

And The Batt is a worthless, leftist rag I wouldn't wrap fish in. It was 20 years ago and still is.
The Batt's goal the last ten years it seems is to pump out future propaganda machines.
Deputy Travis Junior
Sidestepping the issue here, but you would have to be bat**** crazy + have an IQ below 80 to get your complex "gender affirming care" at freakin beutel. Beutel is fine for your annual flu shot any maybe for an antibiotics prescription if your physician parents told you that you likely have a bacterial infection, but anything more complex than that and you're playing Russian roulette with 5 chambered.
No Spin Ag
JohnnyStatueNow said:

There are little sects. Nothing more. The Batt has become more and more liberal and pushes stuff out like this to try to normalize it.

There's only ever little sects, it's just that one side pushes it to make it seem as if it's the new norm and the other side takes that one thing and makes it seem like it's going to over take society at minute now. And I'm saying that about both sides.

Fact is, there's always going to be something. That doesn't mean it's the end of everything.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Aggie Therapist
AG
Beutal couldn't even help me with my staph infection.

Eventually had a buddy take me to the ER
Keller6Ag91
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Quote:

It was very conservative in my opinion and had tons of religious student organizations to partake in.
those organizations are still there
Very much so. Impact, Christian sororities and fraternities, Breakaway, etc.

Authentic Christian community is easy to find in Aggieland if you're looking for it as a student.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Tango.Mike
That's an unathletic dude with greasy hair, not sure what the article is about.

But to your other question, A&M was maybe more conservative than Oberlin or Cal-Berkeley, but it was still a college campus. From 2000-2004 there were Nat'l Org for Women protests at Rudder Fountain, Planned Parenthood tables at the volunteer career fair in the MSC, professors actively stumping for communism even in chemistry and genetics classes, and pro life rallies getting eggs thrown at them in front of the Academic Building. There's a poster here (who is a good poster and a good dude IRL) who waged open warfare along with the GLBTA against the school so he would be allowed to be openly gay in the Corps in 2002 or so.

We all like to reminisce about how idyllic A&M is or was, and it was probably better than many other schools, but it hasn't been a blue collar Mayberry since the 1950s or 60s
C@LAg
Athanasius
AG
I am against castrating men because they identify as female.
BCG Disciple
AG
Well done sir
captkirk
AG
Another one

Trans-identified female arrested after threatening to carry out shooting at Iowa elementary school

https://thepostmillennial.com/trans-identified-female-arrested-after-threatening-to-carry-out-shooting-at-iowa-elementary-school?utm_campaign=64466#google_vignette

Get Off My Lawn
"An Aggie does not LIE, CHEAT, or steal - nor tolerate those who do."
JOHN2010
AG
That paper is trash
FWAppraiser
AG
Wouldn't a "Trans Aggie" be someone who wasn't born an Aggie but now identifies as one?
SunrayAg
AG
When I was at A&M in the late 80's, there were about 8 libtard whacko activists who were constantly protesting something or pushing some libtard agenda.

And 7 of them wrote or edited for the battalion…

If you are judging by the battalion, you will always see a libtard skew.
Deputy Travis Junior
Aggie Therapist said:

Beutal couldn't even help me with my staph infection.

Eventually had a buddy take me to the ER

Right? Can you imagine thinking "hmm I'm going to begin a course of drugs to drastically manipulate one of the most complex systems in the body (endocrine system). My body can react negatively in many ways, which would require my healthcare provider to spot problems early and modify my drugs accordingly. Yep, beutel ought to be good enough!"

The State of Texas is doing these kids a favor.
Spotted Ag
AG
How embarrassing.
12thMan9
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

"An Aggie does not LIE, CHEAT, or steal - nor tolerate those who do."

The 19th century called, they'd like their quote back.
Ronnie '88
usmcbrooks
Aggie Therapist said:

Interesting article from the Battalion.

From Draggieland, to being able to minor in LGTBQ+ studies at A&M, it seems as if trans people are becoming more and more accepted at Texas A&M. Campus seems much different from how it was when I was there in 2008. It was very conservative in my opinion and had tons of religious student organizations to partake in.

But perhaps I'm out of touch because I'm not on campus anymore and just judging off of articles and publications.

What are y'all's thoughts?

Maybe "she" should try tu......remember, cocks not Glocks. It would fit right in.
aggietony2010
AG
So he picks up a Battalion, just to see what's going on, and all he finds to read about, is what we're doing wrong. "This school's too damn conservative, I guess they want us to be like all those hippies down in Austin wearin' orange and sippin' tea"

If you're getting your impression about campus from the Battalion and similar, you're not getting a good one.
MouthBQ98
AG
From what I have read in the clinical research, a large fraction of the trans community is actually simply homosexual and doesn't know how to interpret or deal with that aspect of themselves. There's also often an element of wanting social belonging and presuming an alter ego would provide that along with self understanding. With males expressing female there is also often an element of titillation or autogynephilia. I generally have pity on those persons as they have to be terribly confused and uncomfortable and in serious need of serious help and guidance, and I am pretty sure encouraging them to dive into a comprehensive self delusion all out is not the best healthy therapeutic solution. I don't feel it is right to antagonize such a person, either, as they are pretty much living out a psychiatric crisis.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I work in a mental health hospital as a clinical therapist and a lot of trans people come here for help.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.