Another reminder not to mess with Israel- exploding pagers

39,624 Views | 409 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TXAG 05
whatthehey78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

If there are no terrorist deaths, then, I'd consider this operation a failure..

What is the point of merely causing pain?
It sends a signal to the terrorists - You have been warned. Stop messing with us. We can get you any time we want, and you won't see it coming.
You seriously think that these terrorists are going to say "never mind" and offer Israel olive branches? Hell no.

And Israel can't get them any time they want. This is the only time in the history that this has happened.
I think you greatly underestimate the Israeli's capabilities.

Thousands of exploding pagers and a bomb planted in a dignitaries hotel room in the middle of Tehran speak pretty loudly.
The pagers are not that big a deal if it only kills 10% of them. In fact, I'd call it wasting a resounding intelligence and logistical success with an operational failure.
Idiocy abounds
Nanomachines son
Texmid said:

Seriously, how did they pull this off? Were the pagers made in Israel and loaded with bombs? Did they know which pagers were going to terrorists and only load those with explosives?

Rumor is they put C4 in them and it was a brand new shipment so it had to be done quickly.

This is one of the best malicious hacks of all time, up there with stuxnet and flame.
Raiderjay
This is the best news I have seen in a while!!!! Major props to Israel.......
Mac94
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

You have a company provided pager blow your junk off. Are you going to trust any electronic device given to you ever again?

Never fear ... the lawyers are on their way!!!
aTmAg
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

You have a company provided pager blow your junk off. Are you going to trust any electronic device given to you ever again?
Better have them dead than merely untrusting of electronic devices.
aTmAg
AG
whatthehey78 said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

It sends a signal to the terrorists - You have been warned. Stop messing with us. We can get you any time we want, and you won't see it coming.
You seriously think that these terrorists are going to say "never mind" and offer Israel olive branches? Hell no.

And Israel can't get them any time they want. This is the only time in the history that this has happened.

Thousands of exploding pagers and a bomb planted in a dignitaries hotel room in the middle of Tehran speak pretty loudly.
The pagers are not that big a deal if it only kills 10% of them. In fact, I'd call it wasting a resounding intelligence and logistical success with an operational failure.
Idiocy abounds
Who are you referring to?
Ag87H2O
AG
aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Again, I don't see how you can say this wasn't a big deal. Could they have engineered the devices to have enough exposive power to kill everyone? I don't know, but neither do you. My guess is that the Israeli's accomplished exactly what they intended. Killed some likely terrorists, injured thousands more, and sent a strong message - all without the terrorists ever suspecting a thing until boomtime. Seems like a resounding success to me.
GAC06
AG
No no no, they just needed to fit 5.5 ounces of explosives plus shrapnel into a thousand pagers without it being detected, THEN it would have been a success
Rex Racer
AG
This is right up there with Stuxnet. Love it.
whatthehey78
AG
aTmAg said:

whatthehey78 said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Idiocy abounds
Who are you referring to?
...and so, the proof is delivered.
Phatbob
AG
aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Are you kidding? Given the chance to kill or seriously maim that percentage of a terrorist organization with that level of precision over an entire spread out population instantaneously is masterful. This is one that would get studied for decades as to best case scenarios for remote special operations.
aTmAg
AG
Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Again, I don't see how you can say this wasn't a big deal. Could they have engineered the devices to have enough exposive power to kill everyone? I don't know, but neither do you. My guess is that the Israeli's accomplished exactly what they intended. Killed some likely terrorists, injured thousands more, and sent a strong message. Without the terrorists ever suspecting a thing until boomtime. Seems like a resounding success to me.
Mossad is not infallible. Oct 7 happened after all and they had tons of warning that they ignored.

I find it hard to believe that they intended to kill only 10% to send a strong message. If they intentionally skipped an opportunity to kill 12,000 terrorists at once with very low collateral damage then they totally screwed the pooch.

If they tried to kill them but were unable to due to size/weigh restrictions, then DAMN.. good try guys.
CactusThomas
AG
A lot more c4 fits in VCRs. Should have done it to their VCRs
Shoefly!
AG
Trigon Jin said:

The 90's called, it wants its' pagers ba..................

That's a pretty brilliant move by Israel.

There were pagers blowing up from the bloody river to the bloody sea!
TexasAggie_02
AG
i really hope that these were modified, and that the government/hackers can't just randomly start blowing up ppls phones and pagers.
Nanomachines son
TexasAggie_02 said:

i really hope that these were modified, and that the government/hackers can't just randomly start blowing up ppls phones and pagers.

Yeah if these weren't modified and they found a way to explode normal batteries then Pandora's box has been opened. The implications here are huge. Anything with a battery becomes a target.
aTmAg
AG
Phatbob said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aTmAg said:

Are you kidding? Given the chance to kill or seriously maim that percentage of a terrorist organization with that level of precision over an entire spread out population instantaneously is masterful. This is one that would get studied for decades as to best case scenarios for remote special operations.
As ALMOST best case. The clear best case is for these guys to all be dead.
Ginormus Ag
AG
I wonder if members of The Squad are considering getting new phones and electronic devices. Because somebody did something.
aTmAg
AG
Nanomachines son said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Yeah if these weren't modified and they found a way to explode normal batteries then Pandora's box has been opened. The implications here are huge. Anything with a battery becomes a target.
No way these weren't modified.
Nanomachines son

Looks like phones can be induced to explode violently.
P.U.T.U
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Unless they put explosive in them they can't, lithium ion batteries don't blow up like that. If they get too much power they crack and let off their gasses so they don't explode. It may get hot but not blow up
William Foster
agracer said:

P.H. Dexippus said:

I wonder who he was hanging out with? What a shame

Quote:

Iranian Ambassador Mojtaba Amani wounded in Hezbollah explosion
The news also comes only hours after the Shin Bet revealed that Hezbollah recently attempted to assassinate a top former Israeli defense official in Tel Aviv.
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-820547

Video of some of the explosions

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/30487383/hezbollah-fighters-injured-walkie-talkies-explode/

Everyone just looks at the guy, no one actually helps him out.
Helping out your fellow man is largely a western trait. Decreasingly so as we abandon judeo-Christian principles and let the third world invade us, but people in most other countries have zero interest in helping out someone in dire trouble.
Dallas82
They don't mess around. Anyone remember the Stuxnet worm that Israel developed that destroyed the Iranian uranium centrifuges? It was discovered in 2010. It recorded proper readouts, then spun the motors to speeds that would eventually destroy them all the while continuing to display the proper readings on all displays. Amazing piece of code. First known example of a cyberweapon.
aTmAg
AG
Dallas82 said:

They don't mess around. Anyone remember the Stuxnet worm that Israel developed that destroyed the Iranian uranium centrifuges? It was discovered in 2010. It recorded proper readouts, then spun the motors to speeds that would eventually destroy them all the while continuing to display the proper readings on all displays. Amazing piece of code. First known example of a cyberweapon.
The US had a big part in that.
TyHolden
AG
Anybody have a synopsis? How the hell did they accomplish this?
Nanomachines son

A 9/11 casualty list with exploding cell phones.

Truly impressive work.
Biz Ag
AG
BOOM BOOM BOOM

My balls go

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Dallas82
True. Erik van Sabben, a Dutch engineer, was recruited to plant the work in the Iranian facility in 2008. A two weeks later he died in a single motorcycle accident in Dubai.
aTmAg
AG
TyHolden said:

Anybody have a synopsis? How the hell did they accomplish this?
Mossad likely intercepted a large order of pagers and replaced them with their own.
PCC_80
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Israel plays the long term game, this obviously took months if not over a year. They also figured that the pagers would go to Hezbollah members and their allies. For one they killed a few dozen if not more, if they had their pagers in the front they could have hit their femoral artery and bled out quickly. Two they injured thousands of terrorist with most of them getting major hip injuries that will limit their battlefield abilities. For those trying to remain undercover they either got outed in public by blowing up or the people around them will know in the future with their limp from their hips getting so damaged.

Sometimes injuries are worse than death, know the terrorist know they are being tracked by Israel. This was likely done with key members were out in public and Israel has made it known who was behind it.
I am going to guess quite a few terrorist were disemboweled. Returning to the battlefield will take quite a while if they even survived.
dreyOO
P.H. Dexippus said:

Quote:

The news also comes only hours after the Shin Bet revealed that Hezbollah recently attempted to assassinate a top former Israeli defense official in Tel Aviv.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/30487383/hezbollah-fighters-injured-walkie-talkies-explode/

this brightened my day
captkirk
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

Quote:

nicely self contained
Phatbob
AG
a said:

As ALMOST best case. The clear best case is for these guys to all be dead.
They found a way to get Hezbollah to distribute a small explosive much smaller than a hand grenade individually to their own members in a way that would be sure to be on their person in a vulnerable place to do maximum damage with minimum damage to bystanders, all remotely. Come on....
BCG Disciple
AG
Halfway home and my pager still blowin' up

Today I didn't even have to use my AK

Lathspell
AG
Old May Banker said:

I didn't even know you still buy a pager.
Of course... the Mossad sells them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.