Tim Pool, Dave Rubin, and Benny Johnson's company Tenet Media allegations

12,443 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Reality Denier
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DanielDay said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

60-days before election and they honeypotted a bunch of youtubers.

Nice.

2024 tracking as expected.
Been going on for years with some of these influencers. It's not a coincidence that most of them share the same characteristic especially claiming how they used to be democrats or independents. Now they only slam democrats, hype republicans and praise Russia.

Previously they were accused of bias for views. Now we know it was because Russia paid them. Perhaps they have some valid deniability but it doesn't change their opinion was bought by Putin.
Of course you haven't been paying attention, but no surprise.

The company they license their product to is the one being accused, not the third party content producers. None of them are being named in the indictments.

You're doing the very thing you claim they are; except you're putting out the left's latest talking points as though they're gospel.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TAMU1990
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Texas velvet maestro said:

Biden administration announces major actions to tackle Russian efforts to influence 2024 election

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/04/politics/biden-administration-accuse-russia-election-influence-efforts/index.html
The internal polling for Harris/Walz must be horrific for this ****ery to already be taking place again.
Bingo
GAC06
AG
You'd think the Russians could at least upgrade him to one of their fur hats rather than that stupid beanie
Stat Monitor Repairman
TAMU1990 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Texas velvet maestro said:

Biden administration announces major actions to tackle Russian efforts to influence 2024 election

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/04/politics/biden-administration-accuse-russia-election-influence-efforts/index.html
The internal polling for Harris/Walz must be horrific for this ****ery to already be taking place again.
Bingo
Can only guess what else we about to see.

60-days left we about to watch **** come unglued.
Texas velvet maestro
DanielDay said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

60-days before election and they honeypotted a bunch of youtubers.

Nice.

2024 tracking as expected.
Been going on for years with some of these influencers. It's not a coincidence that most of them share the same characteristic especially claiming how they used to be democrats or independents. Now they only slam democrats, hype republicans and praise Russia.

Previously they were accused of bias for views. Now we know it was because Russia paid them. Perhaps they have some valid deniability but it doesn't change their opinion was bought by Putin.
your logic is completely backwards.

Democrats who are anti-war and pro free speech and pro bodily autonomy, pro actual science, lament the destruction of their party and feel betrayed. As for "slamming," the most principled kind of protest is when you're checking your own side for violation.
If their opinions were for sale and their opinions were "bought by Putin." ...lol...maybe that violates our many sanctions against russia lol.

Is that your issue?
Rockdoc
AG
I think this was always going to be their final card to play. I think it came out a little early because their internal polls have indicated they are in serious trouble, and they are. Harris is the candidate the dems did not want and for good reason. They just didn't think Biden was gonna crater this quickly.
Teslag
AG
dreyOO said:

Who?mikejones! said:

So it's illegal for Russia to pay podcasters/influencers to say things but it's fine for a presidential campaign to do the same?
/asking for the mayor's wife

This is selective prosecution if they are already qualifying it with "unwittingly". Every media source these days passes along theories and information to be first or edgy. There is very little original content.

So are they gonna start indicting everyone on X with an edgy opinion?

I don't think any of the actual on air talent is being indicted or charged. The DOJ even said they didn't know it was happening.
DanielDay
Whether they knew it was Russia funding them, it doesn't change the situation from the viewer standpoint. They were paid to parrot Russian talking points like how Tim Pool has spent years telling his viewers, many here, that Ukraine was the enemy.

Perhaps Pool and others just thought he was being paid by an American benefactor. Maybe. He calls himself the victim but he has a full bank account. The victims are the viewers he duped.
Rapier108
So you somehow know that Tenet was telling them what to say, and even the DOJ couldn't find any evidence to that.

Dude, either prove your claims or take the loss on this one.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
B-1 83
AG
oh no said:

Russia didn't need to be our enemy. Cold War has been over for a while.

re: Ukraine: USA and the west didn't need to keep provoking Russia with nato expansion threats, something they promised they wouldn't do. They didn't need to install an anti-russia government. They didn't need to operate 46 biolabs there. They didn't need to turn it into a money laundering playground for elitists where their sons serve on the boards of Ukrainian companies. They didn't need to make silly comments about "minor incursions". ..but USA did all of that. And then after the incursion, USA sabotaged a multi-billion dollar subsea energy project that was supposed to bring cheaper gas to western Europe as well as sent Boris Johnson to prevent negotiated peace talks that would have ended a senseless war and deaths.

USA shouldn't be totally isolationist, but they need to stop wasting our money all over the world meddling in everyone else's affairs and provoking wars that we then need to fund and shadow run.

I will say that for free. Russia doesn't need to pay me to say that. ...and my grandmother, my Babushka, was born and raised in Kiev.
I wonder if your grandmother would rather live under Russian rule or free Ukrainian rule?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
IndividualFreedom
I like Dan's take on this today..... Russia/Putin has no favorites other than to create chaos in the US.
Silent For Too Long
B-1 83 said:

oh no said:

re: Ukraine: USA and the west didn't need to keep provoking Russia with nato expansion threats, something they promised they wouldn't do. They didn't need to install an anti-russia government. They didn't need to operate 46 biolabs there. They didn't need to turn it into a money laundering playground for elitists where their sons serve on the boards of Ukrainian companies. They didn't need to make silly comments about "minor incursions". ..but USA did all of that. And then after the incursion, USA sabotaged a multi-billion dollar subsea energy project that was supposed to bring cheaper gas to western Europe as well as sent Boris Johnson to prevent negotiated peace talks that would have ended a senseless war and deaths.

USA shouldn't be totally isolationist, but they need to stop wasting our money all over the world meddling in everyone else's affairs and provoking wars that we then need to fund and shadow run.

I will say that for free. Russia doesn't need to pay me to say that. ...and my grandmother, my Babushka, was born and raised in Kiev.
I wonder if your grandmother would rather live under Russian rule or free Ukrainian rule?

I'm willing to bet she would rather her country not be turned into a war torn hell hole so the MIC and a bunch of greedy politicians can line their pockets.
Texas velvet maestro
Rockdoc said:

I think this was always going to be their final card to play. I think it came out a little early because their internal polls have indicated they are in serious trouble, and they are. Harris is the candidate the dems did not want and for good reason. They just didn't think Biden was gonna crater this quickly.
there is no final card play for the ancient anti-freedom movement. and in this case it isn't even October
barbacoa taco
AG
DanielDay said:

Whether they knew it was Russia funding them, it doesn't change the situation from the viewer standpoint. They were paid to parrot Russian talking points like how Tim Pool has spent years telling his viewers, many here, that Ukraine was the enemy.

Perhaps Pool and others just thought he was being paid by an American benefactor. Maybe. He calls himself the victim but he has a full bank account. The victims are the viewers he duped.
If you're being paid $100k/week, there's a 0% chance you don't know where that money's coming from. At best this is inexcusable willful ignorance.

But anyone who's paid attention to this stuff (even badly) since 2016 isn't too surprised, given this is exactly how Russian propagandists have pushed their disinformation campaign. Because this is how you influence wide swaths of the electorate.
Tergdor
AG
I'm guessing none of y'all actually read the indictment or listened to Tim talk about this on his morning show today, huh? Or Benny Johnson's response? The Russian funding was done through untraceable shell corporations, none of the talent was aware they were funding it, and nobody was ever directed to cover anything in any particular way. The DOJ even lists them as victims because of the deception.

Tim Pool's connection with Tenet is only for broadcasting rights for one of his livestreams once a week, which isn't even necessarily a political show. Russians don't fund him. The hate boner some have for him is pretty weird, and I don't even really like the guy.
captkirk
AG
Last time DOJ indicted some Russians for election interference, it didn't go so well for them. They were embarrassed in court.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Who?mikejones! said:

So it's illegal for Russia to pay podcasters/influencers to say things but it's fine for a presidential campaign to do the same?

I think the issue is why is it illegal (allegedly) for Russia to pay podcasters but not illegal for the Ukraine to buy off US politicians into supporting them?

THAT is what is behind these indictments.

Can anyone identify the date when the left STOPPED loving Russia? They were huge Soviet fans during the Reagan and Bush eras.
Who?mikejones!
Valid point.

There's some version of foreign payments for influence that appear okay and others that are not. And its clearly okay for the federal govt or a local campaign to pay for influence with their version of propaganda.
DanielDay
Pool fans can gaslight all they want but they're in denial that they hung on every word from a paid Russian propagandist. I have no idea if Pool did anything illegal and so far the govt is agreeing to that. I also imagine that he is cooperating because he comes across with little backbone.

However it doesn't change the fact that pool knew SOMEONE liked his pro Russian views. Enough that they paid him over $1m per year. He either willfully turned a blind eye, or he's a moron. There isn't a 3rd option here.
Phatbob
AG
Tergdor said:

I'm guessing none of y'all actually read the indictment or listened to Tim talk about this on his morning show today, huh? Or Benny Johnson's response? The Russian funding was done through untraceable shell corporations, none of the talent was aware they were funding it, and nobody was ever directed to cover anything in any particular way. The DOJ even lists them as victims because of the deception.

Tim Pool's connection with Tenet is only for broadcasting rights for one of his livestreams once a week, which isn't even necessarily a political show. Russians don't fund him. The hate boner some have for him is pretty weird, and I don't even really like the guy.
Just to play devils advocate... are the Russians so desperate for podcasts that they are willing to do whatever it takes to support them without knowing where the money comes from? Are they really just big superfans of Tim Pool and are just unable to do Patreon because they are in Russia? It seems kinda pointless without some sort of benefit... what's the endgame here?
aggiehawg
AG
captkirk said:

Last time DOJ indicted some Russians for election interference, it didn't go so well for them. They were embarrassed in court.
Understatement of the year. What a cluster that was when one of Putin's besties hired excellent lawyers to show up in court to contest those flimsy charges. Team Mueller never expected anyone to show up to defend the case and were caught flat footed.
Silent For Too Long
DanielDay said:

Pool fans can gaslight all they want but they're in denial that they hung on every word from a paid Russian propagandist. I have no idea if Pool did anything illegal and so far the govt is agreeing to that. I also imagine that he is cooperating because he comes across with little backbone.

However it doesn't change the fact that pool knew SOMEONE liked his pro Russian views. Enough that they paid him over $1m per year. He either willfully turned a blind eye, or he's a moron. There isn't a 3rd option here.

The third option is you are lying and not representing the situation in an intellectually honest manner...
MouthBQ98
AG
DanielDay said:

OR, he was already a very popular podcaster with a lot of businesses interested in distribution rights for his content so they could advertise or what not, and this seemed to his team like just another customer interested in advertising to his large viewer base. That seems to be what the FBI believes.

The Russians aren't trying to push the podcast content. They want access to a large group of listeners who have the characteristic of em at least being skeptical or cautious regarding how friendly NATO has been to Ukraine and how questionable past political manipulations by the USA and EU might have been in internal Ukrainian politics in the past. I am 100% sure Russia would have wanted to market to that listener base as the demographic data would indicate they might be more sympathetic.

The broadcast talent themselves had nothing directly to fo with Russia at all. They were not getting any input from Russia or RT or even TENET. You seem to fundamentally misunderstand or misrepresent the nature of the relationship
Tergdor
AG
Phatbob said:

Tergdor said:

Just to play devils advocate... are the Russians so desperate for podcasts that they are willing to do whatever it takes to support them without knowing where the money comes from? Are they really just big superfans of Tim Pool and are just unable to do Patreon because they are in Russia? It seems kinda pointless without some sort of benefit... what's the endgame here?

I have no idea. Based on Tim's show this morning, he has no idea either. Tenet didn't fund any of his main shows in any way, those are from YouTube revenue and his membership subscriptions only, he's been pretty adamant on that for a long time. Why Russia would bother with a random Friday show and other random shows put on by other talent (which also are not their main shows) through a broadcasting YouTube channel with meager viewership is weird.

Tim's wild speculation (which is why I don't particularly like him, but hey, it's his brand) is that maybe the whole ploy was for this to get found out so that Garland, being the political hack that he is, would set up a whole dog and pony show about "Russian interference" and create more division in the country. Because Tenet means nothing, most people have never heard of it or watched any of their videos. Tim's show is the biggest one and it barely gets over 100k views on the recordings, regular videos barely break 10k views.
ATX_AG_08
AG
B-1 83 said:

oh no said:

A grandma in Ukraine is none of our business. We're not the world police. Are we trying to free grandma in China, Africa, Iran? America has sponsored attempted coups in Georgia, Serbia, Hungary, Ukraine, etc. We should mind our own business and worry about Americans. Everything we've done to Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union has been adversarial instead of an honest attempt to bring them into the rest of the world.

America is the biggest bully in the world and that's how the rest of the world views us. The whole spreading freedom and democracy thing is propaganda so people here will support our military and political actions. That's not the way the rest of the world sees us.
DanielDay
Come on. Some of y'all are still listening to Pool today?

Be better than that.
Pookers
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

B-1 83 said:

oh no said:

A grandma in Ukraine is none of our business. We're not the world police. Are we trying to free grandma in China, Africa, Iran? America has sponsored attempted coups in Georgia, Serbia, Hungary, Ukraine, etc. We should mind our own business and worry about Americans. Everything we've done to Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union has been adversarial instead of an honest attempt to bring them into the rest of the world.
Hey, at least Lockheed and Raytheon stocks are strong. /s
Pookers
AG
DanielDay said:

Be better than that.
Your main account get banned?
Rapier108
DanielDay said:

Be better than that.
Says the guy who is being blatantly dishonest about what is actually involved in all of this.
Silent For Too Long
DanielDay said:

Be better than that.

Yeah, God forbid we live in a country where people are allowed to express their side of the story.

March on you little Bolshevik.
MouthBQ98
AG
Yeah, I do find myself wondering if this was meant to be found just for the Russians to reliably bait the Democrats into another round of Russia election idiocy, purely as a distraction and general chaos mechanism.
MouthBQ98
AG
I've never listened to a single episode.
AgDad121619
AG
Old McDonald said:

Who?mikejones! said:

yeah i can't imagine why a country would make it illegal for hostile enemy nations to secretly fund and disseminate their state propaganda within its borders
Soros is Hungarian
Teslag
AG

Quote:

Everything we've done to Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union has been adversarial instead of an honest attempt to bring them into the rest of the world.

Ah yes, the poor Russia bit. We were so mean to them we left them no choice but to invade three former soviet republics and engage in mass war crimes including the purposelfull targeting of civilians and raping of women.
Who?mikejones!
Did Russia tell him what to say, or did they simply pay him because he parroted information friendly to them in order to make sure his message got out further?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.