200 neocons supporting Kamala

4,560 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Rocag
ak451ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More than 200 former Bush, McCain, and Romney staffers have endorsed Kamala Harris and I couldn't think of a better reason to vote Trump
https://notthebee.com/article/more-than-200-former-bush-mccain-and-romney-staffers-have-endorsed-kamala-harris-and-i-couldnt-think-of-a-better-reason-to-vote-trump

That's a really good reason.
Tramp96
"Staffers" = career DC swamp rats.

Of course they are going to endorse the candidate that will protect their precious swamp.
deddog
AG
Kamala for the Nobel Peace Prize
Serotonin
AG
Washington Generals mentality from those Republicans.
Rocag
AG
This is irrelevant but RFK Jr and Tulsi Gabbard endorsing Trump somehow isn't.

Sure.
Tramp96
Rocag said:

Sure.

Anyone paying attention to politics over the last couple of decades or more knows that Republicans never close ranks and Democrats always close ranks.

So when Republicans endorse a Dem, it's not that big of a surprise, because there are a LOT of RINOS in DC. Unified has never been their strong suit.

However, the Dems are a machine when it comes to making people toe the line. They have such an inane ability to get everyone to stand unified, even if they don't agree on something, and never break ranks.

So when you have two lifelong Democrats break for Trump of all people, the most despised opponent the Democrats have ever had, then yeah, it's noteworthy because that simply never happens. Ever.
Serotonin
AG
Rocag said:

Sure.
Both are relevant.

We are seeing a shift where the fight is now between:

- Outsiders with various policy positions (Trump, RFK Jr, Tulsi, etc) vs
- Political nobility insiders with various policy positions (Obamas, Clintons, Bushes, Cheneys, etc)
deddog
AG
Rocag said:

Sure.
Tulsi is relevant because she eviscerated your dunce of a candidate in a debate.
They only reason Kamala is running, because the DNC knows their voters are racist and will vote for her because she's black. (having a uterus is a bonus)
Rocag
AG
Oh come on, that's BS and you have to know it. Look at all of the Republicans who pretty harshly opposed Trump only to go right back to kissing his ass as soon as it was clear he was going to be the nominee. Nikki Haley and Ron Desantis this cycle are the most clear examples, but there are plenty of others.

Trump insulted Ted Cruz's wife and implied his father was involved in the JFK assassination and Cruz has still spent the last 8 years brown nosing. And Democrats are the only ones who reliably fall in line?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

However, the Dems are a machine when it comes to making people toe the line. They have such an inane ability to get everyone to stand unified, even if they don't agree on something, and never break ranks.

So when you have two lifelong Democrats break for Trump of all people, the most despised opponent the Democrats have ever had, then yeah, it's noteworthy because that simply never happens. Ever.
The Golden Rule: He or she who has the gold make the rules.

In the House, that is Pelosi who controls access to campaign funds. In the Senate, it is Schumer.
jteAg
Tramp96 said:

Of course they are going to endorse the candidate that will protect their precious swamp.

That says a lot about trump.
And don't give me that crap about "draining the swamp"…
Trump didn't do crap about "draining the swamp" during his four years.
agsreload
Obviously they were all Democrats to begin with. At least now they are not pretending to be Republicans.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

More than 200 former Bush, McCain, and Romney staffers have endorsed Kamala Harris and I couldn't think of a better reason to vote Trump
Here's the reason they're supporting Harris...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Wabs
AG
Ag with kids
AG
Rocag said:

Sure.
Your 2 examples were former candidates for POTUS.

These people are staffers in various admins...

Yeah. There's a difference.
Gigem314
AG
Rocag said:

Oh come on, that's BS and you have to know it. Look at all of the Republicans who pretty harshly opposed Trump only to go right back to kissing his ass as soon as it was clear he was going to be the nominee. Nikki Haley and Ron Desantis this cycle are the most clear examples, but there are plenty of others.

Trump insulted Ted Cruz's wife and implied his father was involved in the JFK assassination and Cruz has still spent the last 8 years brown nosing. And Democrats are the only ones who reliably fall in line?
No the BS is you trying to portray any Republican who didn't oppose Trump as a 'brown noser' while pretending like there isn't a sizable difference in the behavior of the influential Democrats and Republicans when it comes to recent candidates.

Romney, McCain, Bush, Cheney and many of their family/allies opposed Trump even after he won the nomination and Presidency. The Clintons, Obamas, Pelosi, Schumer, and other influential Dems fell right in line for Biden and Harris despite their glaring red flags.

So yes, Democrats fall in line at a much higher clip than Republicans.
Tramp96
Rocag said:

It's not BS.

Overall, cumulatively, Dems are consistently more unified than Republicans. Republicans couldn't find unity if you opened up the dictionary and highlighted it for them.

Just look at the Schlitz-show that was the House when it came to the Speaker elections. That NEVER would have happened with the democrats.

And to aggiehawg's point...this is a battle of the establishment vs. those who now see how dangerous the establishment has become. So it's not near as big of a deal that a bunch of career DC staffers are endorsing the democratic candidate over the guy who has basically said he's going to come in and start firing people for incompetency.
TexAg1987
jteAg said:

Tramp96 said:

I think he tried. I also think he found out the swamp is bigger and deeper than anyone knows.
Tramp96
TexAg1987 said:

jteAg said:

Tramp96 said:

I think he tried. I also think he found out the swamp is bigger and deeper than anyone knows.
And he trusted the wrong people.
agracer
AG
Rocag said:

Sure.
RFK and Tulsi are "staffers"?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Rapier108
Basically 200 nobodies.

Saw the list last night and recognized just a few names. Many of them were nothing but mid-level campaign staffers.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
captkirk
AG
If that list of people endorsed Trump, I'd have to take another look at my choice of Trump
TexAg1987
Tramp96 said:

TexAg1987 said:

jteAg said:

Tramp96 said:

And he trusted the wrong people.
Even the people you think are on the right side are swamp creatures.

Ag with kids
AG
captkirk said:

If that list of people endorsed Trump, I'd have to take another look at my choice of Trump
This is Rocag if that list of people had endorsed Trump...

Tramp96
captkirk said:

Yeah, I finally actually looked at the list.

They are practically all career staffers who have worked under multiple administrations, but the title they are using in the letter is to only include the times when they were under a Republican administration or office.

Like the Executive Assistant to the Assistant Director of the USDA. Give me a break.
Sharpshooter
AG
deddog said:

Kamala for the Nobel Peace Piece Prize
FIF myself.
Ag In Ok
AG
This has all the earmarks of Russian disinformation.
TexAgs91
AG
Neocons have been fighting commies and now they're voting for a commie?
aggiehawg
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Neocons have been fighting commies and now they're voting for a commie?
And they don't get the irony there.
Rocag
AG
You're assuming this proves something about Democrats, but that's not self evident. I'd argue it proves something about Trump and how far removed from even Republican and conservative norms he is. For every RFK Jr or Tulsi Gabbard there's a Michael Steele or an Adam Kinzinger.

And I will grant you that the Boebert/MTG/Gaetz wing of the GOP is a special kind of stupid that is without Democratic Party equal. You have them to thank for the speaker nonsense.
Owlagdad
Serotonin said:

Rocag said:

Sure.
Both are relevant.

We are seeing a shift where the fight is now between:

- Outsiders with various policy positions (Trump, RFK Jr, Tulsi, etc) vs
- Political nobility insiders with various policy positions (Obamas, Clintons, Bushes, Cheneys, etc)

You nailed them with "nobility". They get elected or go to work and don't do sheet except what someone tells to do. They eat crumpets and drink tea, while most of us eat beans and cornbread or tortillas.
Teslag
AG
jteAg said:

Tramp96 said:

It actually says these people never cared about conservatism. Being in a Republican admin was just a ticket to power.
e=mc2
AG
Rocag said:

I'll have you know that the father of Ted Cruz really is the Zodiac Killer.
Teslag
AG
Rocag said:

You're assuming this proves something about Democrats, but that's not self evident. I'd argue it proves something about Trump and how far removed from even Republican and conservative norms he is. For every RFK Jr or Tulsi Gabbard there's a Michael Steele or an Adam Kinzinger.

And I will grant you that the Boebert/MTG/Gaetz wing of the GOP is a special kind of stupid that is without Democratic Party equal. You have them to thank for the speaker nonsense.

You don't know anything about conservative norms. Don't pretend to.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

And I will grant you that the Boebert/MTG/Gaetz wing of the GOP is a special kind of stupid that is without Democratic Party equal.
LOL. AOC and the Squad say, "Hello!"
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.