Making work place more accommodating to working moms and dad

7,883 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by backintexas2013
Ags4DaWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
C@LAg said:

if you cannot afford kids, do not have kids.

and eliminate the child tax credit as well.

We should be encouraging people to have kids.

The problem is that people who CAN afford kids by stretching themselves don't want to take a serious hit to their lifestyle in order to have them. These are the same people who share the second biggest share of the tax burden.

Meanwhile the government literally pays people poor people to have kids so they are incetivized to become baby factories.

We need to do the reverse.

Your tax bracket should increase dramatically if you have money and no kids.

Because you can afford it.

Middle class with kids? Massive tax breaks.

Poor with kids.

Pull the government benefits.

The issue is that the tax burden on the middle class and Healthcare costs and the cost of childcare is cost prohibitive

UNLESS you are on the government dime.

Middle class people having well adjusted and educated children is hands down one of THE best things adults can do to maintain a productive society.

The government should incentive that by reducing the tax burden of these people to almost nothing and jack up the tax burden for Middle and upper class people who have no kids.
backintexas2013
AG
The government does very little correctly. We can't expect them to ever fix anything.
agracer
AG
TA-OP said:

backintexas2013 said:

I paid my own way through college. It took me 8 years. I would take semesters off. I lived in **** holes and made it. It's called sacrifices. It's called working a second job. It's called eating at home and not buying coffee at Starbucks or a smoothie at juice land. It's not easy but it can be done.

I stand by what I said almost everyone can cut costs and almost everyone can make extra money
And you did all that and never once relied on your Aggie Network to put you in touch with people?

Edit: Including after graduating until this very day.
Networking has ALWAYS been a part of getting ahead in life. Regardless of what network it may be, it's always been a factor.
Tom Fox
Ags4DaWin said:

C@LAg said:

if you cannot afford kids, do not have kids.

and eliminate the child tax credit as well.

We should be encouraging people to have kids.

The problem is that people who CAN afford kids by stretching themselves don't want to take a serious hit to their lifestyle in order to have them. These are the same people who share the second biggest share of the tax burden.

Meanwhile the government literally pays people poor people to have kids so they are incetivized to become baby factories.

We need to do the reverse.

Your tax bracket should increase dramatically if you have money and no kids.

Because you can afford it.

Middle class with kids? Massive tax breaks.

Poor with kids.

Pull the government benefits.

The issue is that the tax burden on the middle class and Healthcare costs and the cost of childcare is cost prohibitive

UNLESS you are on the government dime.

Middle class people having well adjusted and educated children is hands down one of THE best things adults can do to maintain a productive society.

The government should incentive that by reducing the tax burden of these people to almost nothing and jack up the tax burden for Middle and upper class people who have no kids.
What about high earners that have kids? We are getting screwed with no end in sight with this eat the rich nonsense.
backintexas2013
AG
So because I chose to not have kids you wan to punish me because I can afford it? That is absolutely the craziest thing I have heard. I get punished for living the life I want

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.