Lying Media: "J.D. Vance is 'Cringe'"

4,782 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Fightin_Aggie
carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UntoldSpirit said:

Sorry for being too old, but can someone explain the joke to me? What does Mountain Dew have to do with anything?
Nothing. That's the point. If you are white and in the MSM/Democrat crosshairs, you're racist, end of story.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
oh no
AG
UntoldSpirit said:

Sorry for being too old, but can someone explain the joke to me? What does Mountain Dew have to do with anything?
I think he's just marrying the fact that democrats say everything is racist to the stereotype that hillbillies from Appalachia drink Mountain Dew (and Vance is a hillbilly from Appalachia) while speaking to a crowd in Ohio. I don't think it's all that funny, but also not really all that "cringey" unless you're looking for a reason to hate on the guy.
Killer_21
AG
sanangelo said:

Here is the joke attributed to VP nominee J.D. Vance. It was described as "cringe" by the media:

Quote:

JD Vance had been trying to make a joke about political correctness in the Democrat party when he told a rally in Ohio: "I had a Diet Mountain Dew yesterday and one today, and I'm sure they're going to call that racist too."

But sadly for Donald Trump's new running mate, the gag fell resoundingly flat.
"It's good," the Republican added before laughing: "I love you guys."

The remark was branded "cringe" by a former Republican adviser and inflamed concerns over Trump's pick for vice-president.

Source: Uk Telegraph
Is that really "cringe"? I can see myself making a joke like that. I mean he's just like most of us.
"Just like most of us" y'all are so close!
Aggie4Life02
AG
Mountain Dew is associated with Appalachia hillbilly culture. Folks up in the mountains have been known to give it to their babies in bottles.

Google: "Mountain Dew Mouth"
dmart90
AG
sanangelo said:

Here is the joke attributed to VP nominee J.D. Vance. It was described as "cringe" by the media:

Quote:

JD Vance had been trying to make a joke about political correctness in the Democrat party when he told a rally in Ohio: "I had a Diet Mountain Dew yesterday and one today, and I'm sure they're going to call that racist too."

But sadly for Donald Trump's new running mate, the gag fell resoundingly flat.
"It's good," the Republican added before laughing: "I love you guys."

The remark was branded "cringe" by a former Republican adviser and inflamed concerns over Trump's pick for vice-president.

Source: Uk Telegraph
Is that really "cringe"? I can see myself making a joke like that. I mean he's just like most of us.
Come on, man!

Of ALL the people posting here, you should be able to distinguish between the media editorializing and a writer attributing something to someone.

From your quote
Quote:

That's not the media lying or editorializing - the writer attributes the comment to a former Republican advisor.

Now, you can certainly question the merit of the reporter starting the article there, but given the premise of the article is Vance's polling sucks...

FWIW - I don't think that joke was cringeworthy. It was lame and not funny, but it wasn't cringeworthy.
TexAgs91
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

He was baiting them.
He's a master at that
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Sq 17
If you saw that clip you know it was cringe
JD will become a better on the stump and his writers will get better at writing material for him but that bit failed bigly
annie88
AG
jetch17 said:

People that say cringe.
It's totally cringey.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
TA-OP
Staff should edit the tile. The "lying media" didn't label Vance's statement as cringe. The media attributed a source, a Republican source no less.
oh no
AG
TA-OP said:

Staff should edit the tile. The "lying media" didn't label Vance's statement as cringe. The media attributed a source, a Republican source no less.
yep. Just like the Trump assassin was a "registered republican" and Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheney are republicans.

Let everyone know: a "republican source" said something to a liberal fish wrap / rag. Maybe some ******s will believe it and therefore Trump must be totally regretting his VP pick now that the moderate, brilliant, and articulate momala is on the scene and Vance said something cringey about Mountain Dew according to a republican source!
Fightin_Aggie
AG
4stringAg said:

Cringe is watching Kamala trying to form a logical coherent thought while she's creating buzzword salad. Also, this is cringe, very much like her "We did it Joe" fake phone call after 2020. When people say she's disingenuous and inauthentic, this is what they are talking about:

Okay that is cringe
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.