Bibi visiting Trump Friday

4,309 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Kenneth_2003
SquareOne07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More than just posting a link.

Obviously interesting in looking at where foreign leaders priorities lie and who they respect.

https://www.reuters.com/world/trump-says-he-will-meet-with-netanyahu-wednesday-2024-07-23/
BlueTaze
I'm hearing a lot of pundits say "just release the hostages if you want the war to end". I heard BNet say "he won't rest, until hostages are home". But are there really any formal assurances that Israel will stop waging war on Hamas/Palestinians if the hostages are returned?
aggiehawg
AG
From OP's link:
Quote:

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will host Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday at his resort in Palm Beach, Florida, Trump said on Tuesday, a sign the two men are looking to improve ties.
"Looking forward to welcoming Bibi Netanyahu at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida," the former U.S. president said in a post on Truth Social, using Netanyahu's nickname.
The meeting will be their first since the end of Trump's presidency, during which the two forged close ties, and comes at a time of strains also between Netanyahu and Democratic President Joe Biden over Israel's war against Hamas militants in Gaza.
Have to confess a little uneasy about this. Hope Mar A Lago is a fortress for this visit.
suburban cowboy
AG
Three-letter agencies will be swarming there. Not to protect, but to perform malicious surveillance.
TRADUCTOR
SquareOne07 said:

More than just posting a link.

Obviously interesting in looking at where foreign leaders priorities lie and who they respect.

https://www.reuters.com/world/trump-says-he-will-meet-with-netanyahu-wednesday-2024-07-23/

B-
Actual Talking Thermos
BlueTaze said:

I'm hearing a lot of pundits say "just release the hostages if you want the war to end". I heard BNet say "he won't rest, until hostages are home". But are there really any formal assurances that Israel will stop waging war on Hamas/Palestinians if the hostages are returned?
No, quite the opposite.
88planoAg
AG
BlueTaze said:

I think it is more 'surrender and' rather than just 'release the hostages'. Hamas must surrender also.
Sid Farkas
AG
Blue star for Bibi & The Don.

Sounds like a Motown duo from the 60's
BlueTaze
Not suprised, its distrubing how many BS talking points are being parroted about this war, and Ukraine war. (on both sides)
Tailgate88
American Hardwood
AG
I would like to believe this would be true. If the world was right, rescuing all the hostages should green light Israel to finish off any Palestinian power for good. But I suspect that Israel would actually take its foot off the gas in this scenario in order to ease the buildup of foreign opposition to Israel.
The best way to keep evil men from wielding great power is to not create great power in the first place.
techno-ag
AG
I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you

Genesis 12:3 (NIV)
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

dreyOO
suburban cowboy said:

Three-letter agencies will be swarming there. Not to protect, but to perform malicious surveillance.

I almost expect FARA charges afterwards
aggiehawg
AG
dreyOO said:

suburban cowboy said:

I almost expect FARA charges afterwards
Logan Act is what I thought of.
FTAG 2000
AG
aggiehawg said:

From OP's link:
Quote:

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will host Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday at his resort in Palm Beach, Florida, Trump said on Tuesday, a sign the two men are looking to improve ties.
"Looking forward to welcoming Bibi Netanyahu at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida," the former U.S. president said in a post on Truth Social, using Netanyahu's nickname.
The meeting will be their first since the end of Trump's presidency, during which the two forged close ties, and comes at a time of strains also between Netanyahu and Democratic President Joe Biden over Israel's war against Hamas militants in Gaza.
Have to confess a little uneasy about this. Hope Mar A Lago is a fortress for this visit.

They installed all kinds of fun defensive toys there while Trump was president. They should be good.
Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

Trump should be extremely cautious. I would not be shocked if the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago and arrested he and Netanyahu.
Ellis Wyatt
Actual Talking Thermos said:

BlueTaze said:

No, quite the opposite.
Good. Hamas needs to be permanently destroyed.
one safe place
BlueTaze said:

Hopefully they won't stop punishing their enemy, the aggressors, until they kill everyone and everything in Gaza, and destroy the infrastructure.
Logos Stick
Doesnt Mossad accompany BiBi? Have them run surveillance and sweep for bugs, etc..

The FBI and SS cannot be trusted.
Tailgate88
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

Trump should be extremely cautious. I would not be shocked if the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago and arrested he and Netanyahu.
On what charges?
aggiehawg
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

I am more concerned about another assassination attempt following yet another botched USSS OpSec plan.
Schneider Electric
Watch Bongino show the last 2 days and you will be even more worried.
The USSS is being run by incompetent political operatives.
2023NCAggies
aggiehawg said:

From OP's link:
Quote:

It is in Florida, at Donald Trumps home, I am sure it is pretty safe

Ron DeSantis runs the state, Trump has his own top security, now he has decent SS and Bibi has his security force
deddog
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Obama will be listening intently
aggiehawg
AG
Schneider Electric said:

Watch Bongino show the last 2 days and you will be even more worried.
The USSS is being run by incompetent political operatives.
I have seen a few of his shows. Worried is the least of it. Mar A Lago also serving as a public space (even if members only) is my biggest concern. Trump, being Trump, often mingles with his guests. He's simply too accessible by nature.
Schneider Electric
My God.
We are seriously discussing whether some people within the United States Secret Service is conspiring to allow people to harm a President.

I remember when another President encouraged a "fundamental transformation of America"

This counts
aggiehawg
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

On what charges?
Logan Act?
PatriotAg02
AG
Probably getting info and expertise about their "iron dome" defense system. Trump wants one for us.
C@LAg
PatriotAg02 said:

Probably getting info and expertise about their "iron dome" defense system. Trump wants one for us.
we paid for a huge chunk of it.
V8Aggie
AG
You been under a rock?
aggiehawg
AG
C@LAg said:

PatriotAg02 said:

we paid for a huge chunk of it.
I always thought we developed most of it under Reagan's Star Wars initiative? Knew some people who worked at Sandia Labs in the 80s. They could never talk about what they were working on, of course but they were excited about defense breakthroughs.
Ellis Wyatt
Tailgate88 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

On what charges?
That doesn't matter. It's Trump.
ME92
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

On what charges?
Does it matter?
Rex Racer
AG
aggiehawg said:

Tailgate88 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

On what charges?
Logan Act?
That just criminalizes unauthorized negotiations by private citizens with foreign governments. Trump and Bibi can meet together and it not be illegal.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
BlueTaze said:

or are there any assurances that if israel stops waging war on hammas they won't go right back to being the very terrorist they are? it's interesting how ther is more than on way to view this issue.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.