Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

821,203 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
Texas velvet maestro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
USSS apparently not cooperating. Apparently stalling. Crooks family not cooperating. Major players going to great lengths to hide the magnitude of federal incompetence.
Stat Monitor Repairman
El Gallo Blanco said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

The latest report suggests that Butler comms were recorded so we should have some radio call from the guy that peeked over the roof or the guy that boosted him. Would like to know the exact amount of time that passed between looking over the roof and shots fired. Whatever amount of time elapsed it seems incredulous that the snipers couldn't have acquired him in that time. So were they looking at him while he set up and shot? We may never know.
Looking more and more like Butler officer's and Trumpers on the ground are the real heroes and the USSS got got sleepin. If it were just up to USSS, Trump is likely dead and our nation is in turmoil at this very moment still.
Agreed. the more that comes out suggests that the local cops were hamstrung and doing the best they could under USSS oversight. If that one guy hadn't made that off hand shot from ground level it would have been much worse. No telling how many more shots Crooks could've got off. Local cops took a lot of **** but they also don't do this everyday. USSS supposed to be the experts so locals following orders. We saw that in the aftermath when locals came out to their own defense.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Agreed. the more that comes out suggests that the local cops were hamstrung and doing the best they could under USSS oversight. If that one guy hadn't made that off hand shot from ground level it would have been much worse. No telling how many more shots Crooks could've got off. Local cops took a lot of **** but they also don't do this everyday. USSS supposed to be the experts so locals following orders. We saw that in the aftermath when locals came out to their own defense.
Also open records request. USSS can defy and avoid FOIA for as long as they wish.

State open record requests are not that malleable, those state agencies have to respond.

It was a fool's errand for the USSS and DHS to even go down that road of blaming the locals. Had they immediately praised them instead?
techno-ag
AG
The locals are definitely looking like the heroes here.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

MarkTwain
FBI released photo of Crooks weapon and backpack

It appears to be a DMPS A-15 equipped with a Holosun AEMS Solar red dot and offset iron sights

Thomas Crooks' rifle as recovered at shooting site.

Rifle type:

Make: DPMS - Panther Arms
Model: A-15
Caliber: 5.56x45mm/.223 Remington Semiautomatic
Attachments:

Atlas R-One, Aero Precision - Picatinny rail
AEMS optics attached to rail
Magpul collapsible stock

Note: Markings on lower receiver are by the FBI.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
will25u
Buttstock doesn't look like it took a bullet?
MarkTwain
will25u said:

From the position of the SWAT sniper it would have taken the round on the left side of the upper, which isn't shown in this photo. Hard to say but possible
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
SpreadsheetAg
AG
will25u said:

This appears to be a chunk broken off

MarkTwain
SpreadsheetAg said:

will25u said:

Good catch that would explain the lacerations and bleeding around the right ear in the death photos
will25u
SpreadsheetAg said:

will25u said:

I'm blind obviously.
JFABNRGR
AG
MarkTwain said:

FBI released photo of Crooks weapon and backpack

It appears to be a DMPS DR-15 equipped with a Holosun AEMS Solar red dot and offset iron sights

does not look like upper would fit in bag without flash suppressor sticking out.

Most interesting is why isn't the magazine shown???

If it was a 10 rounder he certainly was not there to just shoot lots of people as they commented early on. We already know that anyway because he had that opportunity. Secondly in my testing on the roof having a 30 round mag was problematic in the prone and I had a bag.
MarkTwain
FULL readout briefing senior FBI officials on July 13

"I can confirm there was no second shooter, shooting at the former president"

10 rounds fired -- officials said -- 8 attributed to Crooks, one fired by local law enforcement officer and the other Secret Service sniper. All rounds attributed.

"We have zero reason to believe that there ever a second shooter targeting the former President."

*Insisted clean up of crime scene, handling Crooks body consistent with standard procedures (Note: Task Force has concerns preservation crime scene)

No evidence Crooks was directed by a foreign entity after investigators "successfully accessed" overseas encrypted accounts. Review is ongoing.

Investigators have not "uncovered credible evidence" that the subject conspired with anyone else, but the probe continues.

Toxicology report on Crooks found no alcohol or drugs of abuse

Review of online activity reveals "valuable insight" into Crooks' mindset but no motive

Online activity indicates "sustained, detailed effort" to plan an attack with Crooks becoming hyper focused on the Trump event after it was announced in July
Crooks saw Butler as "target of opportunity."

Said Crooks' online activity included searches for Trump and Biden schedules

1000 interview
Dozens subpoenas
100s hours video footage

SpreadsheetAg
AG
will25u said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

will25u said:

I'm blind obviously.

No worries; I didn't catch it until I opened in a new tab and zoomed in on the photo. I was looking all over the butt stock for a streak, scratch, or dent and then was like ... "oh duh", as well
MarkTwain
Assembled picture of weapon and the IED found in the trunk of the White Hyundai coupe.

Two improvised explosive devices as initially discovered in Thomas Crooks' car trunk.

The receiver for remote detonation was in the "off" position; devices had several problems in the way they were constructed.

Photo from the Allegheny County, PA Police Department.
nortex97
AG
BoerneGator
AG
Assuming the shooter (Crooks) was in a prone, aiming position when, his rifle was struck by the first counter sniper shot (which came from his left front, or 11 o'clock position), it seems to me the butt stock would have been shielded by his (Crook's) head.

Has it been established whether or not Crooks ever changed his position, or raised up after he began firing, until he himself was struck?
nortex97
AG
Do we know if he was right handed/eyed?
aggiehawg
AG
BoerneGator said:

Assuming the shooter (Crooks) was in a prone, aiming position when, his rifle was struck by the first counter sniper shot (which came from his left front, or 11 o'clock position), it seems to me the butt stock would have been shielded by his (Crook's) head.

Has it been established whether or not Crooks ever changed his position, or raised up after he began firing, until he himself was struck?
As I understnd it, after the local took a shot, Crooks popped his head up and the SS sniper went BLAM! and domed him.
Science Denier
AG
nortex97 said:

They gonna arrest Trump?
txags92
AG
Science Denier said:

nortex97 said:

They gonna arrest Trump?
Conspiracy to prevent assassination.
aggiehawg
AG
More like charging the parents, I'd imagine. Pull a Crumbley like authorities did in MI with the school shooter case, That's my guess.
drcrinum
BoerneGator
AG
nortex97 said:

Do we know if he was right handed/eyed?
Good point! My assumption, but if he was indeed shooting left-handed, it makes perfect sense.
BoerneGator
AG
aggiehawg said:

BoerneGator said:

As I understnd it, after the local took a shot, Crooks popped his head up and the SS sniper went BLAM! and domed him.
That's as I understand it as well. Was trying to understand how he otherwise would have been struck on the left side of the buttstock, but shooting left-handed would explain it perfectly. It would also help explain why the rifle was moved further to the left (rather than the right) by whomever did so (the first LEO on scene).
Catag94
AG
BoerneGator said:

aggiehawg said:

BoerneGator said:

That's as I understand it as well. Was trying to understand how he otherwise would have been struck on the left side of the buttstock, but shooting left-handed would explain it perfectly. It would also help explain why the rifle was moved further to the left (rather than the right) by whomever did so (the first LEO on scene).

Pretty sure the first sniper shot (Butler Cty sniper) which hit the stock of Crook's rifle came from Crooks' right. See photo:

MarkTwain
https://www.fbi.gov/news/speeches/fbi-pittsburgh-special-agent-in-charge-s-remarks-to-media-on-updates-to-the-butler-pennsyvlania-assassination-attempt-investigation
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

"Our overall finding is the subject was only on the roof for approximately six minutes prior to the shooting. Between 6:05 and 6:11 p.m.,"

-Kevin Rojek, special agent in charge of the FBI Pittsburgh Field Office,

• 6:06-6:12pmAGR sniper 1 goes to ground floor of the building to meet local law enforcement patrol to alert them to Crooks presence.

-Ron Johnsons preliminary report
Crooks goes on the roof within seconds the two AGR #1 Snipers abandoning their post.

They passed each other coming and going.
JFABNRGR
AG

Quote:

"Our overall finding is the subject was only on the roof for approximately six minutes prior to the shooting. Between 6:05 and 6:11 p.m.,"

• 6:06-6:12pmAGR sniper 1 goes to ground floor of the building to meet local law enforcement patrol to alert them to Crooks presence.

Crooks goes on the roof within seconds the two AGR #1 Snipers abandoning their post.

Sniper 1 goes to ground floor to alert them of their presence? Did he not have a radio and or did those on the ground all not hear of the warnings going out on the radios.

Very odd.
Stat Monitor Repairman
What was the explanation for why both guys left their post?
AnScAggie
AG
MarkTwain said:

Assembled picture of weapon and the IED found in the trunk of the White Hyundai coupe.

Based on the rifle picture above, the missing part of the stock is right were the shooter's cheek would have been. So are we sure the Butler SWAT sniper didn't kill/incapacitate Crooks and the SS sniper's shot just ensured he was out of the fight permanently?
agent-maroon
AG
"only on the roof for approximately six minutes"

"ONLY" six minutes??!?!? Now there's an example of CYA phrasing if I've ever seen it...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MarkTwain
AnScAggie said:

MarkTwain said:

Based on the rifle picture above, the missing part of the stock is right were the shooter's cheek would have been. So are we sure the Butler SWAT sniper didn't kill/incapacitate Crooks and the SS sniper's shot just ensured he was out of the fight permanently?

Yes because as described by the interview with the SWAT team tactical officer that hit the weapon said he thought Crooks was stunned briefly before raising his head up when the USSS sniper took him out with a single shot to the dome.

It reflected upon in the Higgins report and in the FBI report in the link I provided. The ballistics report the official cause of death from the autopsy report.
MarkTwain
What throws off a lot of the trajectory angles is simply due to the fact that the AGR building isn't perpendicular to the Butler fairgrounds sight and there is an elevation difference of 41 feet. The AGR sits down 41 feet in comparison to the area where the podium was.
BQ78
AG
One guy went to look for Crooks, got locked out of the building and the other guy had to go down to let him in as Crooks climbed on the roof.
Touchless
AG

Quote:

Interesting. Pretty sure it was 3 minutes and change based on piecing videos together. Unless they have other video of him getting on the roof and what we saw was just when the crowd first saw him.
First Page Last Page
Page 184 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.