Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

822,001 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
Catag94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just another example of (at best) wasteful use of tax-payer money and nothing to show for it in terms public value.
At some point, there needs to be a way for the public to demand cutbacks or better performance.
txags92
AG
Mark Stoops said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Science Denier said:

Science Denier said:

Mark Stoops said:

Science Denier said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

This whole thing is a national ****ing embarrassment. Many more people need to be fired.

Hundreds of people knew the assassin was there and the Secret Service did NOTHING until he had shot the President.

Seems apparent at this point that no one working the security for the event knew he had a weapon until a less than a minute before he fired. And that was just the two cops who tried to climb the roof.
It's apparent that's the narrative, anyway.

Yes. According to eye witnesses, multiple different parties who have testified in front of congress, multiple politicians including republicans, etc. Feel free to provide any evidence of another "narrative" that's being hidden.

Well, multiple regular citizens on the ground were yelling he had a gun well prior to "a minute before", so....

I guess they know better how to do the SS' job better than they do? I mean, if they didn't know he had a weapon until right before the shot, what other conclusion could be drawn?

You see, they were too busy guarding the perimeter to see the building. A very small perimeter.

But, they couldn't see many people, INSIDE THE PERIMERER, yelling that there was a shooter on the roof.

So, they were not monitoring the perimeter or the building outside the perimeter.

Seems like they were doing what they were told to do by those in charge.

Who inside the perimeter was yelling "shooter on the roof" more than right before he started firing?
Multiple videos from multiple people. And there doesn't need much time for SS to pounce on Trump and get him the **** off the stage.

I'm done talking about it. Don't want to catch a ban.

Can you link one of the videos? I haven't seen any of them showing multiple people from inside the perimeter yelling about a shooter for minutes.

I've seen one several times. I'm not doing your googling for you.
Don't bother. He is playing word games with you asking for a video "from somebody INSIDE the perimeter", because he knows all the available videos are of people outside of the perimeter, which was not USSS's responsibility according to USSS. Nevermind that they are responsible for protecting their principal from gunshots, regardless of where they come from.
J. Walter Weatherman
txags92 said:

Mark Stoops said:

Science Denier said:

Science Denier said:

Mark Stoops said:

Science Denier said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

This whole thing is a national ****ing embarrassment. Many more people need to be fired.

Hundreds of people knew the assassin was there and the Secret Service did NOTHING until he had shot the President.

Seems apparent at this point that no one working the security for the event knew he had a weapon until a less than a minute before he fired. And that was just the two cops who tried to climb the roof.

Yes. According to eye witnesses, multiple different parties who have testified in front of congress, multiple politicians including republicans, etc. Feel free to provide any evidence of another "narrative" that's being hidden.

Well, multiple regular citizens on the ground were yelling he had a gun well prior to "a minute before", so....

I guess they know better how to do the SS' job better than they do? I mean, if they didn't know he had a weapon until right before the shot, what other conclusion could be drawn?

You see, they were too busy guarding the perimeter to see the building. A very small perimeter.

But, they couldn't see many people, INSIDE THE PERIMERER, yelling that there was a shooter on the roof.

So, they were not monitoring the perimeter or the building outside the perimeter.

Who inside the perimeter was yelling "shooter on the roof" more than right before he started firing?
Multiple videos from multiple people. And there doesn't need much time for SS to pounce on Trump and get him the **** off the stage.

Can you link one of the videos? I haven't seen any of them showing multiple people from inside the perimeter yelling about a shooter for minutes.

Don't bother. He is playing word games with you asking for a video "from somebody INSIDE the perimeter", because he knows all the available videos are of people outside of the perimeter, which was not USSS's responsibility according to USSS. Nevermind that they are responsible for protecting their principal from gunshots, regardless of where they come from.

SD said there were videos of people "inside the perimeter" (in all caps) yelling that there was a shooter on the roof with enough time for the SS to act. Figured I had missed one and didn't think it was that big of a request to find one video of that but I guess it was.

And yes SS failed their primary duties that day, which I have said repeatedly and don't think there's any debating that.
whatthehey78
AG

txags92 said:

Mark Stoops said:

Science Denier said:

Science Denier said:

Mark Stoops said:

Science Denier said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

SD said there were videos of people "inside the perimeter" (in all caps) yelling that there was a shooter on the roof with enough time for the SS to act. Figured I had missed one and didn't think it was that big of a request to find one video of that but I guess it was.

And yes SS failed their primary duties that day, which I have said repeatedly and don't think there's any debating that.
Did they?
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Hittag1492
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

SS had been denying coverage if it could not be driven easily from DC. And the SS snipers were not even approved for the Butler detail until the day before.

Interesting, no?
Hittag1492
AG
whatthehey78 said:

txags92 said:

Mark Stoops said:

Science Denier said:

Science Denier said:

Mark Stoops said:

Science Denier said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Did they?

Of course they failed, unless protecting Trump was not one of them. Horrifically so in fact.
Prosperdick
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Trillions spent in the name of homeland security but we cant get an encrypted radio system that is compatible with local LE.

Predicted on day 2 they would eventually come round to say that radios weren't compatible.

And they did.

How many incdents over the years where incompatable comms systems be a cause or contributing factor?

That was the main driver after 9-11. We'll create a massive DHS beuraucracy so that 'we can communicate better and share information.'

Then when it's nut-cuttin' time, suddenly nobody can communicate.

Such Bull***** 27 years ago my outfit would pass out radios to any LEA who didn't have compatible coms and extra batteries and chargers. Back then they were all motorolas and could be programmed over the air. I believe it was called OTARS.

Lets sub out security tasking but not communicate with them is beyond comprehension.
This is what I keep coming back to and I wish they'd give an explanation. For instance, for Jill and Kamala's speaking engagements that same day, did SS have the ability to communicate with LEA. If this was SOP I want to see who signed off on it and when that occurred.

However, if this is a one off event where the SS does not show up for the morning briefing, does not communicate at all with the local law enforcement, ignores requests for more enforcements as well as chatter that Iranians in the country were plotting an assassination of Trump, how on earth can anyone think somebody in our government wasn't complicit?
nortex97
AG
Thank you.
Tailgate88
AG
Prosperdick said:

JFABNRGR said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Trillions spent in the name of homeland security but we cant get an encrypted radio system that is compatible with local LE.

Predicted on day 2 they would eventually come round to say that radios weren't compatible.

And they did.

How many incdents over the years where incompatable comms systems be a cause or contributing factor?

That was the main driver after 9-11. We'll create a massive DHS beuraucracy so that 'we can communicate better and share information.'

Then when it's nut-cuttin' time, suddenly nobody can communicate.

Such Bull***** 27 years ago my outfit would pass out radios to any LEA who didn't have compatible coms and extra batteries and chargers. Back then they were all motorolas and could be programmed over the air. I believe it was called OTARS.

Lets sub out security tasking but not communicate with them is beyond comprehension.
This is what I keep coming back to and I wish they'd give an explanation. For instance, for Jill and Kamala's speaking engagements that same day, did SS have the ability to communicate with LEA. If this was SOP I want to see who signed off on it and when that occurred.

However, if this is a one off event where the SS does not show up for the morning briefing, does not communicate at all with the local law enforcement, ignores requests for more enforcements as well as chatter that Iranians in the country were plotting an assassination of Trump, how on earth can anyone think somebody in our government wasn't complicit?
aggiehawg
AG
I know Bongino keeps insisting that neither the USSS counter snipers on the roofs of the red buildings were the team that took Crooks out, claiming the shot came from 400 yards away but where was that team located?

Anybody have insight on that? Confused looking for clarification. (Other than Bongino is FOS. Actual factual responses to refute him, please.)
techno-ag
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The Bureau confirmed that they recovered two explosive devices near the rally, and one in his room at his residence, where they also found ammo boxes filled with explosive materials and ignition devices. They said neither IED found in his car exploded and both were in the 'off' position, but were capable of being exploded.

TBF, this sounds like reloading equipment, gunpowder and primers.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Mark Stoops

[We've been very clear that conspiracy theories, or even the suggestion of conspiracies, belong on the conspiracy thread. This one is for posters trying to understand and explain the facts. You persisted with trolling the board with conspiracies, so take a break. Keep it up and your bans will increase in length -- Staff]
BuddysBud
AG
aggiehawg said:

I know Bongino keeps insisting that neither the USSS counter snipers on the roofs of the red buildings were the team that took Crooks out, claiming the shot came from 400 yards away but where was that team located?

Anybody have insight on that? Confused looking for clarification. (Other than Bongino is FOS. Actual factual responses to refute him, please.)

As we noted previously, one of the first SS releases stated that a sniper approx 400 yards or meters away (403 comes to mind). However if units were messed up where 400 yards or meters is actually 400 feet, then the snipers near Trump are in the correct range.

I wonder if Bongino is hanging on to that initial release, not realizing that the original statement had incorrect units.

Yards/meters/feet what does it matter?
Remember when one of the first Mars landers was lost because the contractor was using feet and NASA was using meters.
Schneider Electric

Science Denier said:

Science Denier said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

All those you listed say all these instances were reported to the SS.

What we haven't heard was why with all these notices the few people actually in charge did nothing to stop Trump from getting on stage and did nothing to pull him off the stage.

Only takes a few people to direct a rather large team to act a certain way.

Only thing reported to the SS was that they were tracking someone suspicious who had been seen a few different times around the property. No one reported a weapon until right before the shooter fired. Not sure what the threshold was for postponing the event but I would guess that "weird loser 20 year old with what looks like a range finder" probably didn't meet it.

You would be wrong.
The local law enforcement noticed him more than an hour and a half before Trump arrived. They passed that info on to the SS. They told the SS he has been seen with a rangefinder looking at area where Trump spoke.
Watch todays Bongino show and you will learn all this. Bongino was a a week ahead of "journalists"
He said a rangefinder is absolutely reason enough to take the kid into custody and keep Trump off the stage. The suspicious activity of the shooter was also reason enough to keep Trump off stage.
Massive massive failure or intentional
J. Walter Weatherman
Schneider Electric said:

Science Denier said:

Science Denier said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

All those you listed say all these instances were reported to the SS.

What we haven't heard was why with all these notices the few people actually in charge did nothing to stop Trump from getting on stage and did nothing to pull him off the stage.

Only takes a few people to direct a rather large team to act a certain way.

Only thing reported to the SS was that they were tracking someone suspicious who had been seen a few different times around the property. No one reported a weapon until right before the shooter fired. Not sure what the threshold was for postponing the event but I would guess that "weird loser 20 year old with what looks like a range finder" probably didn't meet it.

You would be wrong.
The local law enforcement noticed him more than an hour and a half before Trump arrived. They passed that info on to the SS. They told the SS he has been seen with a rangefinder looking at area where Trump spoke.
Watch todays Bongino show and you will learn all this. Bongino was a a week ahead of "journalists"
He said a rangefinder is absolutely reason enough to take the kid into custody and keep Trump off the stage. The suspicious activity of the shooter was also reason enough to keep Trump off stage.
Massive massive failure or intentional

That's Bongino's opinion and certainly a valid one to take into consideration given his experience. But let's also not pretend like he's 1. unbiased and 2. not primarily interested in clicks and exposure (like most in the media on both sides).

I'm sure more will come out with the eventual SS report; including what they knew, what the normal threshold for cancelling the event was and how close "creepy 20 year old with a rangefinder" comes to meeting that. Wish they would have asked more about that in the hearing but I'm guessing Cheadle would have just punted to the report like she did for pretty much everything else.
J. Walter Weatherman
Looks like Trump is agreeing to sit down with the FBI - https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/29/trump-shooting-fbi-interview-00171652

A lot of the info in the article from the FBI was shared by hawg earlier, but this has more on FBI's projection of the overall timeline, didn't see it posted already.

Quote:

According to the FBI, Crooks was first singled out by law enforcement that day at about 5 p.m., roughly 40 minutes before the shooting.

"A local officer took a photo of the subject and sent it to other SWAT operators on scene, as well as local command personnel," Rojek said. "Approximately 30 minutes later, shortly after 5:30 p.m., SWAT operators observe the subject using a rangefinder and browsing news websites on his phone."

Crooks' first overtly hostile act described by the FBI came less than a minute before the shooting as a local officer hoisted up to the roofline by a colleague saw Crooks on top of the building. Crooks pointed his rifle at the officer, who immediately retreated to the ground, Rojek said. The shooting began "25 to 30 seconds later," the FBI official said.

Crooks fired eight times before a Secret Service sharpshooter returned fire and killed him, Rojek said.

Rojek said the chronology the FBI has established so far is based largely on police dash-camera video and footage from security cameras at six local businesses. A review of radio communications from that day isn't complete yet, he said.

Also sounds like they may be providing more information on what was communicated via the various radio channels as well.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Trump and his lawyers should be questioning the SS and FBI, not the other way around
Stat Monitor Repairman
Trump shot on live tv and the priority is talking to Trump.
moses84
AG
Sounds like 10 shots not 9
Science Denier
AG
txags92 said:

Mark Stoops said:

Science Denier said:

Science Denier said:

Mark Stoops said:

Science Denier said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

There were several from inside the perimeter. And several from outside.
ANSC Ag
AG
First return shot sounds close and like it expired shooter. Second shot sounds from further out and a miss. Audio can be funny around buildings. That may not be accurate.
Ellis Wyatt

That's Bongino's opinion and certainly a valid one to take into consideration given his experience. But let's also not pretend like he's 1. unbiased and 2. not primarily interested in clicks and exposure (like most in the media on both sides).

Bongino has been very clear since before this event that Trump was in danger and that he expected someone to make an attempt on him. He has also been clear that his desire was to see the SS act with utmost professionalism and efficiency no matter who they were protecting.

I do not believe he values rating or clicks over his belief in the SS and expectation of their professionalism. He is irritated beyond belief because of their massive failure because it was predictable. He is angry that they do not appear to have been operating without bias or by true threat assessment and allocation.

Listen to him. When it comes to this, he is not speaking out for ratings. It is genuine concern.
drcrinum
[We are done with warnings. Automatic bans for anyone posting material that suggests a conspiracy. Take that to the conspiracy thread. This one is for posters trying to understand and explain the facts -- Staff]
Stat Monitor Repairman
Story somehow keeps getting worse.
Haleyscomet50
Hard to believe that much action on the ground with locals and no ss contact. Even harder to believe this dorky un athletic probably uncoordinated 20 year old had nerves of steel. Confronted officers sprinted/bear crawled across the roof within 20 seconds calmed heart rate and made a perfect first shot on target. Not saying there was a second shooter but I bet he laid prone for minutes on the crest of that roof before he fired.
DannyDuberstein
AG
SS knew. There are agents on video behind the stage clearly reacting to something beforehand… but they still leave him on stage
Guitarsoup
AG
This video has the video from the guy that just got his phone back from Penn Troopers. He was apparently arrested and his phone taken and just got it back. Shows the cluster**** of the 8-10 cops outside the perimeter looking for the kid and trying to see on the roof as well as them finally getting on the roof after the shots.

Guitarsoup
AG
Haleyscomet50 said:

Hard to believe that much action on the ground with locals and no ss contact. Even harder to believe this dorky un athletic probably uncoordinated 20 year old had nerves of steel. Confronted officers sprinted/bear crawled across the roof within 20 seconds calmed heart rate and made a perfect first shot on target. Not saying there was a second shooter but I bet he laid prone for minutes on the crest of that roof before he fired.
If he had nerves of steel, he would have gotten better than 1 of 8 shots on target.
nortex97
AG

Live stream on now, fyi.
4stringAg
AG
Not sure what the FBI is hoping to accomplish interviewing Trump unless they are asking him about any SS failings he observed or maybe any correspondence he or his staff had prior to the event for more resources?

To me, he should be the one asking the questions.
Irish 2.0
Guitarsoup
AG
Ronald Rowe (acting dir of usss has been upfront about this being a failure of the USSS and that it was indefensible that they didn't have the roof covered
Ellis Wyatt
Guitarsoup said:

Ronald Rowe (acting dir of usss has been upfront about this being a failure of the USSS and that it was indefensible that they didn't have the roof covered
And?
Decay
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

And?

Well at least one person seems to actually care about sounding accountable. We got a resignation without even any real contrition from Cheatle
Guitarsoup
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

And?

It's an ongoing live hearing. More will be said

The Secret Service director defended local law enforcement and said that there was a failure on the part of the Secret Service to explicitly State how they wanted the area patrolled and what places to be covered. That was his Secret services job and they didn't do it.

First Page Last Page
Page 164 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.