Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

822,257 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by A is A
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You know it's still interesting seeing how the different networks are reporting on this. For the most part they have been considerate and thoughtful in their coverages but just a few minutes ago I saw on CNN, because I am flipping around between the networks, which I'm going to quit doing very soon, then again bring up Trump rhetoric and bring up Charlottesville.

Charlottesville was nine years ago. And it was horrific and horrible and the piece of crap that's in prison for that deserves to be where he is. But we have had sadly dozens of mass shootings since then.

But the left always goes back to that one because it was in a black church by a white guy, trying to push the rhetoric of racism from which had nothing to do with. To them, apparently none of the other victims matter because it wasn't racially motivated.

They never invoke the pulse shooting by the Muslim. They never invoke the ones by the trans people or the ones by people of color or even the black guy that ran his SUV into a Christmas parade.

And of course they're trying to insinuate that Trump brought this on himself by his rhetoric completely, ignoring the vile rhetoric from the Democrats from Biden, Pelosi, Hillary, maxine Waters, Omar and Talib the squad people, all of them, the horrible things they have said, but once again they're putting it back on Trump.

You would think with something like this they would knock this off, but they don't.

I have said it before and I will say it again. No matter how much you hate the media you do not hate them enough.
BenFiasco14
AG
Yesterday was insane. Still feels surreal this morning that we all witnessed that. Trump is a dang BOSS.

Glad today is Sunday. Definitely need church after yesterday. Think God also may have intervened in that critical moment.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ag83
AG
I had to go to bed last night and was wondering about that video and its deletion. Thanks for clarification..
Drake aTm
AG
92Ag95
AG
Cromagnum said:

TexasRebel said:

LoneStarFree said:

That's going to be an award winning photograph.

I don't believe that picture. Can a non high speed camera actually catch a bullet in flight that well?
That could very well be part of Trump and not just bullet contrail....so not necessarily as high speed as it would seem
fixer
Drake aTm said:

Wow.
fredfredunderscorefred
AG
annie88 said:

You know it's still interesting seeing how the different networks are reporting on this. For the most part they have been considerate and thoughtful in their coverages but just a few minutes ago I saw on CNN, because I am flipping around between the networks, which I'm going to quit doing very soon, then again bring up Trump rhetoric and bring up Charlottesville.

Charlottesville was nine years ago. And it was horrific and horrible and the piece of crap that's in prison for that deserves to be where he is. But we have had sadly dozens of mass shootings since then.

But the left always goes back to that one because it was in a black church by a white guy, trying to push the rhetoric of racism from which had nothing to do with. To them, apparently none of the other victims matter because it wasn't racially motivated.

They never invoke the pulse shooting by the Muslim. They never invoke the ones by the trans people or the ones by people of color or even the black guy that ran his SUV into a Christmas parade.

And of course they're trying to insinuate that Trump brought this on himself by his rhetoric completely, ignoring the vile rhetoric from the Democrats from Biden, Pelosi, Hillary, maxine Waters, Omar and Talib the squad people, all of them, the horrible things they have said, but once again they're putting it back on Trump.

You would think with something like this they would knock this off, but they don't.

I have said it before and I will say it again. No matter how much you hate the media you do not hate them enough.

And Charlottesville was "because of Trump." El Paso was "because of Trump." Everything is "because of Trump" to these morons. Yet there will be zero self reflection on whether 8 years of calling Trump and his followers "literally hitler" and extremists (despite no extreme actual policy positions) had anything to do with this (it did). Even if the loon only got one shot off (sounded like 3?), that's still one more non-govt shot than the police-guided tour of congress on January 6.
Rockdoc
AG
92Ag95 said:

Cromagnum said:

TexasRebel said:

LoneStarFree said:

That's going to be an award winning photograph.

I don't believe that picture. Can a non high speed camera actually catch a bullet in flight that well?
That could very well be part of Trump and not just bullet contrail....so not necessarily as high speed as it would seem

Yes this is what I thought also. If that was the shot that nicked his ear, it could have been fluid from his ear following the bullet.
IslanderAg04
92Ag95 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Going around on twitter that Thomas Crooks was a registered Republican

That says a lot right there. When you find a patsy for something like this....make sure he's not registered to your party affiliation.

At his age registration means nothing. He could have done it to appease his parents. That area is pretty red. His actions say other wise.
shiphunt
AG
Everyone needs to be careful with the divine intervention language. God doesn't get surprised by events and then step in to correct. He has a plan

Also, stop and think about the audience member whose life ended immediately from a near miss bullet. I doubt their family is talking about divine intervention. Just sad stuff all around
lead
Drake aTm said:

this is truth
Premium
AG
shiphunt said:

Everyone needs to be careful with the divine intervention language. God doesn't get surprised by events and then step in to correct. He has a plan

Also, stop and think about the audience member whose life ended immediately from a near miss bullet. I doubt their family is talking about divine intervention. Just sad stuff all around

Maybe not intervention, but plan. Biden getting dementia and blowing the debate, now Elon and other notable figures "come out" in direct support of Trump, publicly. The tide has shifted monumentally.
One Louder
AG
Cynic said:

I have a friend on Facebook who is psycho liberal Democrat, he posted that he wished we cared when a third grade classroom got shot and not when it's just an ear.

My goodness, just shut up and say nothing.

The only similarity is that in both instances, the danger is a democrat with a gun.
No Spin Ag
CoppellAg93 said:

A thing of beauty if I do say so myself, and I do.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
txaggie_08
AG
AgGrad99 said:

People keep asking about the ladder...but these type of buildings all have ladders attached. That's not unusual.

If he was there with his family (sounded like his mom yelling at him in that video), he must've hidden that gun there previously.

That wasn't the shooter's mom yelling at the shooter. That was the videographer's (probable) wife telling him to hide from the shooter.
No Spin Ag
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Yet another example of why social media can be a pox on society.
But without X/twitter (thank God Elon bought it when he did) we would be relying on the CNN/CBS/NBC/etc. version of the assassination attempt.

It's quite the paradox...

Very.

Unfortunately, most things can be used for good as much as evil.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABC George S blaming Trump for the shooting yesterday due to his rhetoric and Jan 6 insurrection
92Ag95
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Damn...no pink mist...no nothing....people need to get better at filming.
torrid
AG
annie88 said:

Just a quick clarification. Charleston was the shooting at the historically black church. Charlottesville was the Unite the Right Rally over removing a Lee statute and the guys with Tiki torches.
sam callahan
At least he is being consistent in his view that "he deserved it".

Anyone who has been saying Trump is a threat to democracy and the potential end of our country can't claim sympathy today.
100% Pure Aggie
shiphunt said:

Agree 100%!!!!

The only thing that saved Trump was his sudden head turn to the right. Seems it happened a millisecond before the bullet arrived. Go look at the vids.

Shooter was spot on with the shot, but didn't account for the sudden head turn .

If not for that head turn, the head shot would have killed him instantly.

Ag00Ag
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

annie88 said:

The shooter right before and after he gets shot.

Come on TMZ. don't blur that.

From the still photo in the top frame, it appears to show him on his rifle…it doesn't appear that the rifle has a scope. If I'm mistaken, I apologize but for those discounting his proficiency…if that was an iron site shot 150 yards +/- is a difficult shot
shiphunt
AG
WSJ reporting shooter had explosives in his vehicle
Maroon Dawn
AG
Talking points have definitely gone out to blame the victim and try to act like their 8 years of bile, hate and demonizing rhetoric didn't cause this
MarkTwain
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
captkirk
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

sam callahan said:

some saying the shooter was awful. some saying he missed by a gust of wind.

I claim no expertise, but "the shooter sucks so it couldn't have been the deep state" doesn't seem conclusive to me.
watch the flags behind the stage. They are hanging. Thankfully, that POS whiffed on the shot. 140 yard distance needed a pretty stiff wind to move 3-4 minutes of angle.
He missed by a hair. Trump turned his head to the right, just as he was hit. Had he not done so, it may have been lights out
nortex97
AG
No idea if true.

But it's believable.
MarkTwain

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
92Ag95
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I hope he doesn't bandage that ear. Just leave it exposed gnarly with the hole the top
They've already contacted Holyfield's surgical team.
outofstateaggie
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
Great statement
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AgGrad99
AG
txaggie_08 said:

AgGrad99 said:

People keep asking about the ladder...but these type of buildings all have ladders attached. That's not unusual.

If he was there with his family (sounded like his mom yelling at him in that video), he must've hidden that gun there previously.

That wasn't the shooter's mom yelling at the shooter. That was the videographer's (probable) wife telling him to hide from the shooter.

But it sounded like she was yelling 'Crooks!' Over and over again?

Maybe not his mom, because she wouldn't likely use his last name...but it sounded like the person was yelling his name.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

At his age registration means nothing. He could have done it to appease his parents. That area is pretty red. His actions say other wise.
This. The first vote I ever cast was in the primaries for the '80 election. I voted in the dem primary, but not because I was a dem but because I stood in the wrong line and didn't know I had a choice at that point. Didn't find the Republican primary polling station until I was walking out the door from the middle school cafeteria where the voting was set up. They had it tucked away in a far corner from the entrance with the dem station being the first thing you saw upon entering, so I voted for the weakest dem candidate they had on the ballot. Provides a little perspective on the political change in Texas from D to R 40 years ago...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MarkTwain
This gasbag is part of the problem

MarkTwain
First Page Last Page
Page 61 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.