Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

819,527 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by A is A
hedge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
will25u
This is my semi-experienced explanation for what you are seeing in this video...

The sniper is looking through his scope at something.... We will never know what, but obviously not the gunman. May have been scanning the rooftop in the wrong area.

The spotter probably calls out the sighting of the gunman to the sniper. The sniper doesn't accurately know where the call out is since he is looking through his scope. So he takes his head away from the scope to find the gunman with his eyes(wider field of view). Spots the gunman, then gets back on the scope. Points and fires. Seems kind of quick and pretty much a snap shot. Unless there was another sniper somewhere, he gets the shot off quick after looking back through the scope.

Ag83
AG
The reports of him being 20 are based on it being Crooks. If it is someone else, the 20 years old means nothing.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I hope he doesn't bandage that ear. Just leave it exposed gnarly with the hole the top
LMCane
8 hours after a nearly successful assassination attempt and the FBI nor law enforcement has released the name of the shooter

they knew it was John Wilkes Booth in 1865 -faster than what is happening in 2024.
Fenrir
That was my interpretation of the video as well
suburban cowboy
AG
right mugshot filth passes the eye test. he was 29 in that photo from 2017.
aggiedata
AG
flashplayer
AG
LMCane said:

8 hours after a nearly successful assassination attempt and the FBI nor law enforcement has released the name of the shooter

they knew it was John Wilkes Booth in 1865 -faster than what is happening in 2024.

We would be better off with Edwin Stanton trying to figure this out himself than the entire might of the FBI.
Rapier108
LMCane said:

Well, in 1865, Booth was probably one of the most famous men in Washington D.C. and everyone in Ford's Theatre knew who he was.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ginormus Ag
AG
LMCane said:

To be fair, JWB was a famous actor that everyone in the theater knew.
Squadron7
AG
rolo said:

Nearly killed today and still takes the big staircase from the airplane. Ball's in your court, Joe.
outofstateaggie
AG
Enough images out there for SOMEBODY to know who this guy is. Crazy.
one safe place
C@LAg said:

maybe they should not show up. SS, police AND attendees are going to be on edge already/
Lester Holt is a POS. His mouth looks funny, probably because of what he likes to put in it.
JB!98
AG
will25u said:

This is my semi-experienced explanation for what you are seeing in this video...

The sniper is looking through his scope at something.... We will never know what, but obviously not the gunman. May have been scanning the rooftop in the wrong area.

The spotter probably calls out the sighting of the gunman to the sniper. The sniper doesn't accurately know where the call out is since he is looking through his scope. So he takes his head away from the scope to find the gunman with his eyes(wider field of view). Spots the gunman, then gets back on the scope. Points and fires. Seems kind of quick and pretty much a snap shot. Unless there was another sniper somewhere, he gets the shot off quick after looking back through the scope.

I can agree with this. Many times I have had to lift my head off the scope to verify something. All hunting animals or shooting targets. No sniper here. The FOV on a scope is pretty small.
FTAG 2000
AG
FireAg said:

I was at the Columbia memorial at JSC when W spoke…

Plenty I've elevated building out there around the grassy area outside Bldg 1…

You could see sniper on every rooftop of every building…

And JSC already had heightened security and was much harder to get into post-9/11…

I still remember being in Orlando for work when Obama was president and Biden came to town for a fundraiser at the hotel I was staying at.

Woke up to secret service banging on doors at 7am. Everyone had half hour to get out. Rooms searched by dogs.

Across the street at client office (state government) they are told to close all curtains the side of the building facing hotel. Opening them meant possibly getting shot.

Today? Eh. We will leave roof a football field away uncovered.

twk
AG
will25u said:

There reportedly was another counter sniper, farther away, who took out the assassin. The kill shot supposedly came from 400 yards away, and that guy is much closer. His view may also have been obstructed by trees
rondis23
AG
Rapier and GinormousAg- Definitely History Majors. Very Nice!!!
Squadron7
AG
Quote:

To be fair, JWB was a famous actor that everyone in the theater knew.

That's what nearly got Alec Baldwin.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Has Biden talked to Trump yet? Made an official statement?
deddog
AG
Squadron7 said:

rolo said:

Nearly killed today and still takes the big staircase from the airplane. Ball's in your court, Joe.
It's already 4 hours past Joe's bedtime.
You'd think Joe was the one shot

What a ****ing loser we have for POTUS
C@LAg
Ghost of Bisbee said:

yes. 3 hours ago
IslanderAg04
OverSeas AG said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

Could be a BB gun or some air pistol. Definitely didn't sound like anything more than a 22

BB gun???

Some people should not comment on anything firearm related. A 5.56 is a glorified 22, and 500 feet is well within it's range. Wait until they hear a suppressed long gun, which is legal.

Would need alot of pumps to get your red rider 480 feet.
Aggie1205
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Reports are he did talk to Trump and he did make a statement.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Good. Took him long enough
aggiedata
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
TravelAg2004 said:

Cromagnum said:

TexasRebel said:

LoneStarFree said:

That's going to be an award winning photograph.

I don't believe that picture. Can a non high speed camera actually catch a bullet in flight that well?
Some back of the napkin math:

ASSUMING the reports are true and it was a AR-15...most common round is 5.56. Lots of variables, but lighter rounds have ~3250 ft/s velocity. The top of the line cameras these days have shutter speeds of up to 1/8000th of a second. Probably wasn't set that fast, but 1/4000th is reasonable given the bright day.

3250 ft / s * 1/4000 sec shutter speed = .8125 ft.

So yes, it's very feasibly to photograph a bullet with a DSLR.
pro cameras today aren't DSLr, they're mirrorless and can shoot 50+ frames per second. Still photography has basically become shoot a video and pick the frame you want.
FTAG 2000
AG
annie88 said:

Honestly, I think Trump is alive because he turned his head when he did.

Said it as soon as we saw that video. Not a doubt in my mind. That Trump side tick look thing he does saved his life.
C@LAg
IslanderAg04 said:

OverSeas AG said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

Could be a BB gun or some air pistol. Definitely didn't sound like anything more than a 22

BB gun???

Some people should not comment on anything firearm related. A 5.56 is a glorified 22, and 500 feet is well within it's range. Wait until they hear a suppressed long gun, which is legal.

Would need alot of pumps to get your red rider 480 feet.
well, can you use it to bullseye womprats in your t_16?
TexasRebel
AG
Cromagnum said:

TexasRebel said:

LoneStarFree said:

That's going to be an award winning photograph.

I don't believe that picture. Can a non high speed camera actually catch a bullet in flight that well?

Similar photo: the muzzle velocity on these are probably faster than the rifle used in PA.

It all depends on when the shutter is tripped. That's where high-speed videography has an advantage. That gets thousands of frames every second. With a regular camera, you get 1 (maybe a few on a burst setting).
DannyDuberstein
AG
Beyond luckily turning his head, dropping as quickly as he did may have saved him too. Some would just freeze entirely until SS takes them down. He went down before SS got there
Rocag
AG
Is the New York Post still the only source confirming the identity of the shooter as Crooks?
Beezy2389
AG
Eliminatus said:

will25u said:

See. This is where stuff get weird. We have the close up of the shooter now. Like the police crime scene level. And the ears do not match at all. That's not something you can fake either. Genetics are genetics and the ears are easily seen as being very different from side pic of blue shirt photo and dead guy photo. Maybe I am just blind and/are stupid though. But I have both of them blown up side by side on my ultrawide and I aint seeing it...

Ugh. I miss the days of easy explanations.

ETA: Well.....maybe?? I dunno. I'll chalk it up to the same person for now after all.
The left isn't the correct guy. It's a random guy on twitter who intentionally posted that picture because he looked like the shooter. He's been and still is retweeting a bunch of stuff so unless hell has wi-fi, it ain't him. He even put out the video saying "My name is Thomas Matthew Crooks and you've got the wrong guy". My guess is Thomas Matthew Crooks is the correct name, this guy looks like him and decided that trolling and linking your face to the assassin is a good idea?
suburban cowboy
AG
thread title needs to be changed to Trump assassination attempt
FTAC2011
AG
Beezy2389 said:

FTAC2011 said:

If any idiots want to think an actual republican tried to assassinate trump, let them dig their own grave
You can be one without being the other (technically only works one way). Lot of Never-Trumpers out there. Doesn't mean he is but to completely deny the possibility is stupid.

Most Never trumpers are true conservatives. Not lunatics. Murdering trump is the work of a Biden-Obama democrat.

The worst thing a never trumper has thought about doing to trump is not voting for him
First Page Last Page
Page 53 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.