Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

822,211 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MarkTwain
MilkbarTV out of Australia did another fine stickup of multiple videos that shows there was 2:52 from the time Crooks is captured by victim who was wounded James Copenhaver all the way up to the kill shot by ISSSS

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
BadMoonRisin
AG
The first sentence was actually not supposed to be a joke. I think it was claimed earlier, maybe a day or two after, that she was from ATF.

The second was def a joke.
VegasAg86
AG
MarkTwain said:

MilkbarTV out of Australia did another fine stickup of multiple videos that shows there was 2:52 from the time Crooks is captured by victim who was wounded James Copenhaver all the way up to the kill shot by ISSSS

That's a really good mashup up videos.
J. Walter Weatherman
Here's the link to Rowe's press conference from today, starts about 15 minutes in. He lays out the timeline for the day from their perspective and then takes questions for about another half hour or so.

https://www.youtube.com/live/9wxBTontEKk?si=ZdvnkU1uWNgQZlMw

One thing I found interesting that I don't think we knew - the SS had their own command post with a State PD officer stationed in it, but they did not have a SS officer in the PD's separate command post. So the local PD was trying to track down Crooks but that info had to go through their radios to the PD liaison to the SS and then out to the team. Rowe said his team was actually on the phone with the police liaison asking if the police had tracked down the suspicious person that they had reported earlier when Crooks started shooting. Also talked a lot about the steps they'll be taking moving forward.

Summary from The Hill as well for anyone interested - https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/4808494-secret-service-trump-shooting-crooks/
MarkTwain
Grassley released the Butler County After Action Report

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/beaver_county_fpotus_after_action_redacted.pdf
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Stat Monitor Repairman
It's 2024 and we still struggling to communicate.
aggiehawg
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

It's 2024 and we still struggling to communicate.
That seems so incredible as to be unbelievable. Are they waiting for Elon to donate a crap ton of Starlinks?
MarkTwain
Some photos from the B Co AAR

Answers some of the questions about ladders. Both ladder were brought post shots fired by BCSO

Also the shooter shorts were not actually white but a real light camo

MarkTwain
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

Answers some of the questions about ladders. Both ladder were brought post shots fired by BCSO
The shooter buys a ladder but after arriving on scene sees that security is so lax he doesn't even need it.
C@LAg
MarkTwain said:

Also the shooter shorts were not actually white but a real light camo

could be post-cranial aeration poop stains.
JFABNRGR
AG
I did some testing this afternoon.

First rifle broke in two in a day pack and my daughters sitka 2700. The upper stretches it end to end. This is a sig 556 which I believe to be very similar to the Panther arms the shooter used.

Then I tried to recreate the 8 shots off my roof which is a 2:12 very similar to the bldg shooter was on.

I will post my shot strings tomorrow but I am pretty impressed with the kids split times and set up itself. I used a bag on the ridge. Barrel extended over about 8". Without the bag my 30 rd mag sat on the metal roof and was very unstable. I wonder if he used a 10 rd mag?? I shot it 3x and due to safety never got after it. Hitting a 6" plate with .6-1.0 second splits is not a problem with my 2.0 MOA red dot. 21 of 24 casings ejected over the ridge while 3 stayed on my side. I wanted to shoot the first 3 w barrel over ridge, pause, then rip off the last 5 coming off supported and moving behind ridge, but I couldn't do that safely enough.

MTF

JFABNRGR
AG
MarkTwain
Without a better closeup of the weapon we don't know for sure be he could have well had it rigged with this

https://aimaculate.com/

drcrinum

bobbranco
AG
Quote:

The
@SecretService
admitted today that Trump wasn't given counter-sniper teams at his campaign rallies for the last two years. Why after years of no Secret Service counter-snipers, did they show up in Butler? When he finally was given counter-snipers in Butler, the snipers only could communicate over TEXT, no radio. If you see a man with a gun on the roof, who would have to time take out their phone and text? The acting Secret Service Director also said today that they briefed the locals helping the morning of the rally. The locals? They say that's a lie.

Catag94
AG
Criminal Gross Negligence at best!
Not Coach Jimbo
MagnumLoad said:

WGAS. Why was the roof uncovered and the shooter allowed to access it and shoot? Nothing else fing matters.

Exactly, this almost the biggest strategic blunder you could make in this scenario.

Thank God Greg didn't let him up into the second story room to use his (I'm assuming) unguarded equipment.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
What it's seeming like is it was a total oversight initially and that's why they made the last minute adjustment to add CS teams after not having them for 2 years. They knew that building could be a problem and was the only way to cover it with the limited size of the perimeter and limited size of the SS crew assigned.

Total speculation. The scout team knew they had a small inexperienced crew so in order to cover effectively they tightened their perimeter. This then allowed poor line of sight issues so rather than increasing it and getting more staff which would be denied they added CS. However the answer should have been to move the event which for whatever reason wasn't done or was denied.

This was a top down failure from the beginning
Texas velvet maestro
^^
bobbranco
AG
nm
Premium
AG

[We've been clear to stay away from conspiracy theories or hints of conspiracies. Take that to the conspiracy thread that is wide open for that conversation. This thread is for posters trying to understand and explain facts. We've left numerous staff notes and will issue bans for those who persist with trying to weave conspiracies into this thread -- Staff]
Tailgate88
AG
Honestly the best thing to do is just all post on the "Conspiracy" thread. Enough said.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Dang I missed the cooky reply

I'm sure it was something about the one time a Cs is needed is there time it's there…but I think that's just because they realized how big of a GAPING hole that building was. And it would have been fine had they had any semblance of comms but they failed there as well
Hittag1492
AG

[You were warned -- Staff]
TX_COWDOC
AG
All this time I thought the perp came up on the building nearest to where the shots were taken. According to the latest videos, he entered from the far side. Why then would he traverse the roof to the spot where at least 1 counter sniper team was obscured by the tree? Why not just lay down and take the shot as soon as he was on the roof? Strange coincidence I suppose.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
BQ78
AG
[Ditto -- Staff]
Premium
AG

[Ditto -- Staff]
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I believe the end he shot from was the only unobstructed shot on the podium. There was other things staggered blocking Trump, large tractor etc
BQ78
AG
Why would you cover your ass when it is so exposed?

If what you theorize that it is just laziness and arrogance, then it needs to be completely reformed, starting with removal of all the leadership, starting with Myorkas.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Because the current party in charge is always party before people.

Heck their previous nominee said he was removing himself for the good of his party before he said the good of the people.
B-1 83
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

There is zero evidence of or facts supporting any grand conspiracy or purposeful negligence. So until there is, those opinions belong on the conspiracy thread.
Bingo! We scream "Incompetence!", but when it looks more and more to be exactly that, folks dig harder.
J. Walter Weatherman
BQ78 said:

Why would you cover your ass when it is so exposed?

If what you theorize that it is just laziness and arrogance, then it needs to be completely reformed, starting with removal of all the leadership, starting with Myorkas.

The only thing people like Cheatle care about is covering their ass, keeping their cushy government job and the pension that goes with it. She also likely had no clue about the specific planning details of that day until well afterwards given that she was in charge of the entire organization. Based on his testimony and then the press conference yesterday, Rowe at least seems to also care a lot about the agents in his organization and some of his combativeness seems like it's in defense of the people who work for him. But Cheatle seemed like a garden variety arrogant government pos and I'm happy she's out.

To your second point, it seems like operational changes are already in progress or done based on Rowe's press conference yesterday.
cheeky
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

so now we are arguing over fat secret service barbie?
Probably more accurately referred to as "Pat"
First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.