Toys R Us ad shows power of AI video

3,475 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by techno-ag
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Somehow Toys R Us, which has been a bankruptcy basement dweller for a while, got access to OpenAI's Sora, a generative video maker. They crafted an ad entirely by AI.

It looks pretty good I think but reaction has been mixed. I have heard it opined that OpenAI is keeping Sora from the public until after the election so nobody makes fake videos of the candidates. Still, at some point they're going to have to make the tech available or else one of their competitors will showcase another product and start raking the bucks in.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Im Gipper
Can you explain the "power" here? Video was kind of lame TBH.

I'm Gipper
techno-ag
AG
Im Gipper said:

Imagine being able to do that on your home computer just by entering a few prompts. This used to take a lot more software, hardware, and time.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Logos Stick
Hopefully AI spells the end of Hollywood.
Philip J Fry
AG
Imagine a script that's says:

Make a movie of idealic mountain town. Have boy sit at a table board his his toy giraffe. As the boy lays his head down, the giraffe comes alive and brings a smile to his face when he sees it! Viola!

Now imagine what you would have to do with animation software to make they happen. This is crazy and we should all be afraid of what the next 5 years looks like.
Im Gipper
Gotcha!

Thanks for the explanation!

I'm Gipper
fightingfarmer09
Logos Stick said:

Hopefully AI spells the end of Hollywood.

Lots of decisions already being made.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/tyler-perry-ai-alarm-1235833276/

Quote:

Over the past four years, Tyler Perry had been planning an $800 million expansion of his studio in Atlanta, which would have added 12 soundstages to the 330-acre property. Now, however, those ambitions are on hold thanks to the rapid developments he's seeing in the realm of artificial intelligence, including OpenAI's text-to-video model Sora, which debuted Feb. 15 and stunned observers with its cinematic video outputs.

Phatbob
AG
"Hey Sora, make a movie out of the book "Lord of the Rings", but set it in Chicago using mice"

If 50 prompts gives you 1 good output. Hollywood is broke.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Im Gipper said:

Literally all of that was AI generated based on a text prompt. None of it was real.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I'd be remastering old movies like that claymation rudolf the red-nosed reindeer ... haha
Dr. Nefario
If you have Netflix, check out Black Mirror S6:E1 "Joan is Awful". It's a great episode and now uncomfortably close to becoming reality.
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln

“Veganism is like communism. They’re both fine… unless you like food.”
MookieBlaylock
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Make a movie of idealic mountain town. Have boy sit at a table board his his toy giraffe. As the boy lays his head down, the giraffe comes alive and brings a smile to his face when he sees it! Viola!

Now imagine what you would have to do with animation software to make they happen. This is crazy and we should all be afraid of what the next 5 years looks like.

imagine a pizza delivery boy gets accidently frozen in time and wakes up in the future- befriends a one eyed Peg Bundy and a drunk robot- We should all be scared
flakrat
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Philip J Fry said:

imagine a pizza delivery boy gets accidently frozen in time and wakes up in the future- befriends a one eyed Peg Bundy and a drunk robot- We should all be scared
agdoc2001
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Philip J Fry said:

Actually that sounds like good news, everyone.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Iowaggie
AG
There is some pretty amazing AI videos out there.

The realism in some of these is amazing

But more importantly is the message board humor ones

techno-ag
AG
Iowaggie said:

Outstanding!

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

KidDoc
AG
Iowaggie said:

Why does AI have such a hard time with human hands? If you focus on the hands it is pretty easy to spot AI generated video.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
El Gallo Blanco
techno-ag said:

Somehow Toys R Us, which has been a bankruptcy basement dweller for a while, got access to OpenAI's Sora, a generative video maker. They crafted an ad entirely by AI.

It looks pretty good I think but reaction has been mixed. I have heard it opined that OpenAI is keeping Sora from the public until after the election so nobody makes fake videos of the candidates. Still, at some point they're going to have to make the tech available or else one of their competitors will showcase another product and start raking the bucks in.
Why did it make him white? Isn't that a bit...ummm...racist?
techno-ag
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

techno-ag said:

Why did it make him white? Isn't that a bit...ummm...racist?
Yeah. Maybe AI can go back and insert more black characters in movies like Dunkirk.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Robert C. Christian
AG
KidDoc said:

Iowaggie said:

Why does AI have such a hard time with human hands? If you focus on the hands it is pretty easy to spot AI generated video.
They are on par with almost every Benjamin "Greatest Aggie Artist" Knox painting I have seen.

tlepoC
AG
Whoa. Is Knox an AI?
techno-ag
AG
tlepoC said:

Whoa. Is Knox an AI?
Would not be surprised if some image generators were trained on datasets that included Knox paintings.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.