Elon tells CNN to shove it over CNN trying to restrict live commentary on debates

9,611 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgCat93
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

CNN is threatening social media channels that plan to provide live commentary on the debate. They want full control over the messaging.

Elon tells them to pound sand and DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) does not apply to presidential debates.

Fight! Fight! Fight!
BQ78
AG
CNN hasn't worked this hard since Trump was President and all to protect a giblet head destroyer.
2023NCAggies
If our Government was smart, they would have given Musk that 8 Billion from the infrastructure bill, he would have had 100 stations up by now

We have what, 8?

Glad Musk isn't a moronic Libtard and is doing the right thing.

CNN can F-OFF
2023NCAggies
This is the one event that might give them over 1 million viewers LMAO

Funny they want this so bad, They would have so many more viewers if they treated Trump fairly but no
richardag
Confused I am.
Is Elan Musk and X going to be rebroadcasting the CNN debate or just allowing posters to comment/criticize what they are seeing on the CNN broadcast on their TVs?
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
aggie93
AG
Streisand effect is bubbling up here. CNN is trying so hard to prevent anyone else from controlling the narrative it is making it apparent even to normies that they are incredibly biased. The level of arrogance involved with the idea that only THEY should be able to determine how a Presidential Debate is viewed and commented on is ridiculous and people see it.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Serious Lee
sounds like a threat to our democracy
TexAgs91
AG
richardag said:

Confused I am.
Is Elan Musk and X going to be rebroadcasting the CNN debate or just allowing posters to comment/criticize what they are seeing on the CNN broadcast on their TVs?
He's allowing people on X to rebroadcast CNN's debate and provide live commentary during the debate. Something that I would much rather watch than CNN's broadcast.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ellis Wyatt
aggie93 said:

Streisand effect is bubbling up here. CNN is trying so hard to prevent anyone else from controlling the narrative it is making it apparent even to normies that they are incredibly biased.
Are we sure it isn't the government controlling the narrative? What threats are the FBI and CIA making?
Texas velvet maestro
aggie93 said:

Streisand effect is bubbling up here. CNN is trying so hard to prevent anyone else from controlling the narrative it is making it apparent even to normies that they are incredibly biased. The level of arrogance involved with the idea that only THEY should be able to determine how a Presidential Debate is viewed and commented on is ridiculous and people see it.
f cnn. it's fair use. If the POTUS reveals anything that effects the people of this country we have every right to know and hear discussion on it.

That said, it's crazy that the Trump campaign has conceded so much for this debate. Under the stated conditions I think they can get Biden tuned up enough to appear competent for a couple of hours. And afterwards not a soul on cable news will talk about the tilted playing field.
MiamiHopper
TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.
He's allowing people on X to rebroadcast CNN's debate and provide live commentary during the debate. Something that I would much rather watch than CNN's broadcast.

I don't think they can livestream the debate on Twitter without CNN's permission. CNN can't stop people from tweeting about it though.
techno-ag
AG
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

TexAgs91
AG
MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

I don't think they can livestream the debate on Twitter without CNN's permission. CNN can't stop people from tweeting about it though.
Huh. Interesting. I hear that Elon is planning on letting livestreamers do it anyways.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
pfo
AG
Elon Musk is a national treasure! CNN trying to control 100% of the narrative is outrageous!
Maroon Dawn
AG
They don't want conservatives real time fact checking Biden's lies
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Is there any doubt it's a propaganda channel now? If you still have doubts, here's your sign.
aggiehawg
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

They don't want conservatives real time fact checking Biden's lies
I am also wondering if CNN will have a five second delay in the broadcast? I'd wager they will.

Also with the two commercial breaks, how long will each be? Long enough for Biden to take some more drugs? His handlers will have to have those staged somewhere since Biden is not supposed to speak with them during those commercial breaks.
BusterAg
AG
MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

Elon Musk disagrees with you.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
cnn/ democrat propaganda is scared of the comments because they will be so one sided and they don't want the truth that 90% of america is unhappy with biden. they do not want people to know the true poll numbers. here is what i know i read an article a day or two ago about the economy and the question posed was are you doing better from four years ago. i read 100 comments and 2 said they were better off? that is the truth they are trying so hard to conceal.
aggiehawg
AG
FNC has said they too will carry the debate live, or as live as they can if they have to depend solely on the CNN feed.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I don't think CNN has a case. The two candidates are, essentially, the property of the people. This isn't like the NFL where the league "owns" (by contracts with the players Union) the players the officials, the license to the field, the stadiums etc. The NFL does own that broadcast and all of the content within it.

This is a presidential debate between the countries candidates. These aren't CNNs candidates. They're hosting a forum on the digital town square.

BigRobSA
BusterAg said:

MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

Uppity "African-American", amirite!?
MiamiHopper
BusterAg said:

MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

Wouldn't be the first time he's wrong about something.
TyHolden
AG
Serious Lee said:

sounds like a threat to our democracy
this... and the 3 letter agencies are backing them
BusterAg
AG
This is about as inappropriate as asking youtube to take down a broadcast of the State of the Union address or the inauguration.

It's stupid.
TexAgs91
AG
MiamiHopper said:

BusterAg said:

MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

Maybe you could just lay out your case as to why CNN has the right to restrict public commentary on a presidential debate which affects us all.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
MiamiHopper said:

BusterAg said:

MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

But I bet you're right about everything.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
TexAgs91 said:

MiamiHopper said:

BusterAg said:

MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

Maybe you could just lay out your case as to why CNN has the right to restrict public commentary on a presidential debate which affects us all.

He wants the old Twitter back.
BigRobSA
MiamiHopper said:

BusterAg said:

MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

Please...regale us with your ideas of when he's been wrong.

This should be funny.
MiamiHopper
TexAgs91 said:

MiamiHopper said:

BusterAg said:

MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

CNN will hold the broadcast rights. If people just want to just tweet about the debate then that is ok. If someone tries to broadcast/rebroadcast the debate while commenting on it the that will infringe upon CNN's rights.

Elon Musk isn't infallible, folks. He is often wrong.
Ag with kids
AG
MiamiHopper said:

BusterAg said:

MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

Well, you ARE one of our resident experts on being wrong...
TexAgs91
AG
MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

MiamiHopper said:

BusterAg said:

MiamiHopper said:

TexAgs91 said:

richardag said:

Confused I am.

CNN will hold the broadcast rights. If people just want to just tweet about the debate then that is ok. If someone tries to broadcast/rebroadcast the debate while commenting on it the that will infringe upon CNN's rights.

Elon Musk isn't infallible, folks. He is often wrong.

It's telling that part of your rational for CNN's ability to restrict livestream commentary of the debate is that "Elon isn't infallible". That sounds like EDS.

If someone is rebroadcasting the debate while adding their commentary that is "transformative" which is allowed.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
one safe place
Need a nationwide boycott of CNN's advertisers.
annie88
AG
I swear to God, these people have the Nazi propaganda playbook down. It is unreal how unbelievably an American and disgusting. They are being, illegal bull*****

**** CNN and **** the Democrats.
BigRobSA
annie88 said:

I swear to God, these people have the Nazi propaganda playbook down. It is unreal how unbelievably unAmerican and disgusting they are being. Illegal bull*****

**** CNN and **** the Democrats.

Even the Nazis would be impressed and take notes.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.