DeSantis with Another Win - Medicaid

5,277 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Ag with kids
AgResearch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

Quote:

Ron, I deeply apologize that the GOP is full of emotional children that were played like a fiddle by the media to choose "we're gonna get revenge!" over a true conservative with an actual record of getting it done
I get it, but that train has passed. Please get on board and support the good guys. In 4 years, Ron will have a resume a mile long to debate with.

He needs to spend part of the next 4 years with a voice and acting coach. Nasal voice and inability to make a smile are killer to the public image. Women frankly need those to shine to vote for him. Dumb, yes, but that's part of being a politician.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Aston04 said:

Quote:

Ron, I deeply apologize that the GOP is full of emotional children that were played like a fiddle by the media to choose "we're gonna get revenge!" over a true conservative with an actual record of getting it done...

Now imagine he has a Democrat controlled Senate and a thin majority in the House..

Ron would play the game and win. Just like he as governor.

Only fools believe it's that simple. If he was such a great salesman he'd be the candidate today.

He isn't a salesman like Trump. He is a shrewd leader and knows how to work the system. Trump has to constantly ask questions how the system works.

Now explain how he gets Schumer and Pelosi on board with conservative legislation.
BoydCrowder13
Funky Winkerbean said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Aston04 said:

Quote:

Ron, I deeply apologize that the GOP is full of emotional children that were played like a fiddle by the media to choose "we're gonna get revenge!" over a true conservative with an actual record of getting it done...

Now imagine he has a Democrat controlled Senate and a thin majority in the House..

Only fools believe it's that simple. If he was such a great salesman he'd be the candidate today.

He isn't a salesman like Trump. He is a shrewd leader and knows how to work the system. Trump has to constantly ask questions how the system works.

Now explain how he gets Schumer and Pelosi on board with conservative legislation.

Either find ways to work around them (defections from their party or legal loopholes) or make it politically damaging for them to avoid compromise.

Trump simply doesn't have that skillset. He is too impulsive and just doesn't really understand the ins and outs of the legislative process.
Phatbob
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Aston04 said:

Quote:

Either find ways to work around them (defections from their party or legal loopholes) or make it politically damaging for them to avoid compromise.

Trump simply doesn't have that skillset. He is too impulsive and just doesn't really understand the ins and outs of the legislative process.
You forgot to mention needlessly alienating votes from his own party.
oldarmy76
Muy said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Ron, I deeply apologize that the GOP is full of emotional children that were played like a fiddle by the media to choose "we're gonna get revenge!" over a true conservative with an actual record of getting it done

What's the problem with Trump continuing to bulldoze through the swamp for 4 years and then Ron winning in 2028?

I don't remember this happening except some campaign slogans. I'm sure he has spent a lot of time learning from his mistakes, studying how the federal government works, and getting more of the best people lined up and ready to go.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Quote:

Trump simply doesn't have that skillset

Nobody does. The only way to get bipartisan support is through concessions, and if you add concessions the conservative becomes a moderate. Not to mention the RINOS and what they want. Now let's add what the MSM is going to do to his poll numbers and support gets even weaker and suddenly DeSantis is just another president.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
oldarmy76 said:

Muy said:

Maroon Dawn said:

What's the problem with Trump continuing to bulldoze through the swamp for 4 years and then Ron winning in 2028?

I don't remember this happening except some campaign slogans. I'm sure he has spent a lot of time learning from his mistakes, studying how the federal government works, and getting more of the best people lined up and ready to go.

Trump exposed the swamp just through his existence. The problem is a feckless Congress won't follow through on any of it.
PA24
AG
Reality check:
DeSantis record on the national stage, 2024 primary…...he couldn't even win his home state.
0-1 vs a 79 year old felon.

No Spin Ag
Funky Winkerbean said:

oldarmy76 said:

Muy said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Trump exposed the swamp just through his existence. The problem is a feckless Congress won't follow through on any of it.
No disrespect, but do you think people didn't know that people knew that the swamp existed, or even who they were, before Trump?

I ask because for as long as I've been on this board, and it's been a while, the swamp has been talked about, which goes back to the time of W.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Phatbob
AG
PA24 said:

Reality check:
DeSantis record on the national stage, 2024 primary…...he couldn't even win his home state.

You mean the primary where the guy who already pulled out of the race lost to the guy who didn't pull out of the race? Yeah, I guess that really tells you a lot.
PA24
AG
Phatbob said:

PA24 said:

Reality check:

You mean the primary where the guy who already pulled out of the race lost to the guy who didn't pull out of the race? Yeah, I guess that really tells you a lot.
He pulled out because no one was voting for him.
Ag with kids
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Quote:

Trump simply doesn't have that skillset

Nobody does. The only way to get bipartisan support is through concessions, and if you add concessions the conservative becomes a moderate. Not to mention the RINOS and what they want. Now let's add what the MSM is going to do to his poll numbers and support gets even weaker and suddenly DeSantis is just another president.
I was unaware that the MSM did not exist in Florida. Thank god, otherwise they'd attack him there and bring down his poll numbers and weaken his support there.
Ag with kids
AG
But, one thing can be seen right here...

Trump has turned his supporters against someone in the GOP that is very conservative. Because DeSantis dared to go against Trump.

Even when attacking DeSantis doesn't help Trump. They're just anti-DeSantis now.

Doesn't bear well for the future of the GOP after Trump.
Biz Ag
AG
After my son had an accident I had to take him to Texas Children's Hospital in the TMC. English speaking people in the waiting room were the clear minority. The non-English speaking crowd were clearly using the ER for primary care. That was 15 years ago. Can't imagine what it is like now.
Phatbob
AG
So it turns out that the only thing that DeSantis can't beat is the Trump cult, and the only thing that Trump can't beat is.... well, anything that the left does.
Keller6Ag91
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Amen. He's such a conservative policy wonk who get's things done.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Aston04
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Aston04 said:

Quote:

nobody was beating trump. That was an impossible sale. But you know better.
TTUArmy
Quote:

So DeSantis took a Republican leaning state and has turned it into a deep Red state.
It would be kind of nice if someone would do the same transformation to the nation as a whole.
Yes, it would be nice. I'd normally say, "all states considered, probably not happening". However, the crazy is off the chart since Biden took office. After Trump's next term...people on both sides of the voting spectrum will likely be ready for some peace and cooperation in government again. Hopefully, RD can unite this country under a conservative platform in 2028. It's really hard for me to see that happening given the criminals in the house and senate.
Ulysses90
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

oldarmy76 said:

Muy said:

Maroon Dawn said:

The Republican Congress, especially that ***** Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell decided to accept at face value the entire Russia hoax and worked for ~15 months trying to get rid of Trump rather than trying to advance the agenda that the entire GOP claims to support. They were fighting harder than the Democrats to prevent funding for the border wall because the Chamber of Commerce was threatening tgwir campaign funds if Trump cut off the cheap labor supply of illegals.

For all his failings to deal swiftly with the swamp, the most damaging knives were in Trump's back and not his breastplate.
agwrestler
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Maroon Dawn said:

No ***** These RD simps sound like GOP blowhards pushing W's success in Texas.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
agwrestler said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Maroon Dawn said:

No ***** These RD simps sound like GOP blowhards pushing W's success in Texas.

Trump didn't start off with a Democrat controlled senate and thin majority in the house. He let that happen.

In roughly the same amount of time, DeSantis changed Florida from a purple state to a bright red one.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Aston04 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Aston04 said:

Quote:

I agree with you and it's why I supported Trump from the get go. I want Trump to fight this culture war and then have DeSantis in after him.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Phatbob said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Aston04 said:

Quote:

Yea, it wasn't the letter agencies running false narratives of Russian collusion or anything.
BoydCrowder13
Funky Winkerbean said:

Phatbob said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Aston04 said:

Quote:

Yea, it wasn't the letter agencies running false narratives of Russian collusion or anything.

Yea he never publicly went after people in his own party and pissed them off or anything.
hoov
Florida stopped buying immigrants out of state when the Biden administration stopped sending them to Florida.
TheWoodlandsTxAg
Ron Desantis is the most effective politician in US history.

To this day, he is the only governor to remove a Soros DA. Desantis has removed two of them (Orlando judicial district DA and Tampa judicial district DA).

Desantis needs to run in 2028 with Sununu as his VP to get the moderates in the general and help with the charisma deficit.

Sununu (who is a libertarian who runs as a Republican) VP would get us the moderates and Sununu is an amazing public speaker and quite funny. Sununu is also very good on 2A.

We need to run Desantis with Sununu in 2028.
Ag with kids
AG
Aston04 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Aston04 said:

Quote:

It was a 60 yard dash, and because he'd already been POTUS, Trump was spotted 50 yards...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.