DeSantis with Another Win - Medicaid

5,170 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Ag with kids
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another policy win saving the FL taxpayers millions.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Ron, I deeply apologize that the GOP is full of emotional children that were played like a fiddle by the media to choose "we're gonna get revenge!" over a true conservative with an actual record of getting it done
Science Denier
AG
I wonder if it's really the law, that doesn't require the illegal to actually answer, or is it the shipping of thousands of illegals out of Florida to other states, thus actually dropping the number of illegals living in Florida.
FarmerJohn
AG
He found a way to discourage illegal aliens from using emergency rooms as primary care physicians. The only downside is this can't be applied to our native population.
Owlagdad
Science Denier said:

I wonder if it's really the law, that doesn't require the illegal to actually answer, or is it the shipping of thousands of illegals out of Florida to other states, thus actually dropping the number of illegals living in Florida.

Either way, good job!
B-1 83
AG
Not MAGA, don't care about real issues and solutions.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Ulysses90
AG
Tea Party
DeSantis is going to make a great two term President in 2028.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Ron, I deeply apologize that the GOP is full of emotional children that were played like a fiddle by the media to choose "we're gonna get revenge!" over a true conservative with an actual record of getting it done

Now imagine he has a Democrat controlled Senate and a thin majority in the House..
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

I get it, but that train has passed. Please get on board and support the good guys. In 4 years, Ron will have a resume a mile long to debate with.
Science Denier
AG
Ulysses90 said:

Because it's not both?
Ulysses90
AG
Documenting immigration status is a deterrent in itself because there is a nonzero chance that a President will be elected who will actually deprt illegals.

When I lived in El Paso in 1999, R.E. Thompson Hospital was providing $74 million annually in routine care in the ER to non-citizens that the city made no attempt to collect or deter. That was when Beto's daddy was on the city council and it was already a Democrat uniparty city government.

Ulysses90
AG
Univariate analysis is almost never correct.
bobbranco
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Yawn. There are more important things to accurately complain.
Science Denier
AG
Ulysses90 said:

Documenting immigration status is a deterrent in itself because there is a nonzero chance that a President will be elected who will actually deprt illegals.

When I lived in El Paso in 1999, R.E. Thompson Hospital was providing $74 million annually in routine care in the ER to non-citizens that the city made no attempt to collect or deter. That was when Beto's daddy was on the city council and it was already a Democrat uniparty city government.

Hospital - are you a legal resident
Illegal - Si

That's a deterrent?
LMCane
Maroon Dawn said:

this will either be a stroke of genius picking Trump

or the stupidest voters in the history of American politics come November.
TTUArmy
DeSantis has my vote in 2028.

The below needs to be considered. I don't believe the US house and senate will be as favorable as Florida. So, might keep things in perspective.

Florida Senate:
Republicans: 28
Democrats: 12

Florida House:
Republicans: 84
Democrats: 36
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Get over it. Ron's a better candidate but he didn't win. Time to move on…
TRM
AG
When he took office in 2019, it was 23/17 and 73/47.
ts5641
Still painful we had the best conservative candidate of my lifetime and we blew it, but praying for Trump to win now and confident that we have the best candidate in waiting of all time.
TRM
AG
Under Biden's mass parole program, most immigrants are flown into FL.
TTUArmy
TRM said:

When he took office in 2019, it was 23/17 and 73/47.
That just means that Ron's agenda is easier to pass in Florida. My contention is that he will have an uphill climb trying to get his conservative agenda passed in the US house and senate. Nothing would make me happier than to see him succeed as US president. Fact is, he is going to have his work cut out for him. Manage expectations...
Science Denier
AG
If DeSantis is going to win on a national stage, he needs to get over his fear of the media. His campaign was a disaster. Instead of avoiding them like he did in his campaign, go after them. Attack the **** ot of them.

He's no different than many of our Republican leaders. Their fear of the media makes them sheep and has given the left their insane amount of power.

Trump may not be the better President over DeSantis, but unless DeSantis changes his tactics, he's not going to get elected.

I thought 4 years with Trump would have helped him a lot. Put him on the attack as VP or some other position. Groom him for the Presidency. Show this incredibly loyal base he WILL stand up to the left's propaganda arm, and not run away from it, like he did during his campaign.
Science Denier
AG
TRM said:

Under Biden's mass parole program, most immigrants are flown into FL.
And then shipped out to blue states.

Which I am 110% for.
TRM
AG
He wouldn't be able to ship them all out though.
akm91
AG
Science Denier said:

Ulysses90 said:

Illegal - Si

That's a deterrent?
Can I see some ID?
Science Denier
AG
TRM said:

He wouldn't be able to ship them all out though.
Agreed. According to the OP, spending decreased, didn't go to zero.
Science Denier
AG
akm91 said:

Science Denier said:

Ulysses90 said:

Illegal - Si

That's a deterrent?
Can I see some ID?
They law won't let Hospitals ask for proof. That's part of the bill. They just ask and whatever the immigrant says ends the conversation.
cevans_40
AG
Science Denier said:

If DeSantis is going to win on a national stage, he needs to get over his fear of the media. His campaign was a disaster. Instead of avoiding them like he did in his campaign, go after them. Attack the **** ot of them.

He's no different than many of our Republican leaders. Their fear of the media makes them sheep and has given the left their insane amount of power.

Trump may not be the better President over DeSantis, but unless DeSantis changes his tactics, he's not going to get elected.

I thought 4 years with Trump would have helped him a lot. Put him on the attack as VP or some other position. Groom him for the Presidency. Show this incredibly loyal base he WILL stand up to the left's propaganda arm, and not run away from it, like he did during his campaign.

Not fair, not fair, not fair.

You're just a dumb MAGA
vansprinkle
AG
TRM said:

Another policy win saving the FL taxpayers millions.

Edited:

My math was wrong, I didn't see the fine print where there are only 2 months left in the fiscal year. Sounds like this will be a cut in spending of almost 1/2 from the previous year.
Stressboy
AG
At 67 mil so far it looks like it's on pace for almost $140 mil which was last years number. Can we please focus on real wins.
Logos Stick
I'm sure the Biden DOJ will sue him.
akm91
AG
Did you miss the part where the tweet mentioned there's 2 months left in the fiscal year?
Ulysses90
AG
The governor thought it would be a deterrent. "Immigrants rights" groups thought it would be a deterrent. The law passed and expenditures fell.

The only people who said that it would not work were the Democrat legislators that claim to oppose illegal immigration but vote against every measure to deter it and the "Chamber of Commerce RINOs" who are actually the same people as the pro-illegal immigration Democrats.

Florida stopped buying immigrants out of state when the Biden administration stopped sending them to Florida. The number of illegal immigrants residing in Florida hasn't changed very much at all between 2023 and 2024. What changed has been the passage of this law and that 62% of Americans polled now favor mass deportation. Illegal immigrants aren't so eager to boast on camera about their status as they were a couple of years ago because they are worried that the tide has turned. They are keeping a lower profile and not using the ER in public hospitals is part of that.

Going back to another example from El Paso in the early 2000s, a new elementary school had been built in West El Paso with capacity for 20% population growth in the district. The second year it was open, the registrations were at 105% of capacity. People from other parts of El Paso and Juarez were claiming to live in the district and had purchased an extra telephone line at the house of a friend so that they would have a utility bill as proof of residence. A wise man named Murray Finke was on the EPISD school board and he coordinated a surprise re-verification of residency for all enrollees at the new elementary school the week before classes were to begin. Suddenly, faced with providing a second verification of residency, the enrollment dropped 20%. Asking the question can be an effective deterrent, especially if documentation is required.
Science Denier
AG
Stressboy said:

At 67 mil so far it looks like it's on pace for almost $140 mil which was last years number. Can we please focus on real wins.
To be fair, with the massive increase in health care cost, just keeping it flat would be a pretty big win.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.