Red Barchetta

5,232 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by GeorgiAg
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KidDoc said:

GeorgiAg said:

Also, I want to buy a manual gas car while I still can.
I had manuals for a long time until I got a Tesla Model S back in 2012 or so. Have a 2023 Corvette now and not stick but the double clutch transmission is pretty impressive. I use the paddles when I performance drive for fun.

I plan to keep it as long as I can get in and out of it as with all the EPA rules and safety sensors it may be one of the last great V8s.
Had a manual 280 Z in college. Loved that car. Got a Nissan Maxima stick as the first car I purchased on my own. Not a fast car but very practical. Still fun.

Had a Jag and a Porsche automatics with the paddle shifters. Those just don't do it for me.
G Martin 87
AG
GeorgiAg said:

KidDoc said:

GeorgiAg said:

I had manuals for a long time until I got a Tesla Model S back in 2012 or so. Have a 2023 Corvette now and not stick but the double clutch transmission is pretty impressive. I use the paddles when I performance drive for fun.

I plan to keep it as long as I can get in and out of it as with all the EPA rules and safety sensors it may be one of the last great V8s.
Had a manual 280 Z in college. Loved that car. Got a Nissan Maxima stick as the first car I purchased on my own. Not a fast car but very practical. Still fun.

Had a Jag and a Porsche automatics with the paddle shifters. Those just don't do it for me.
Doesn't do it for Jay Leno either. I came very close to ordering a new Z after watching this. Enjoy!

BigHitterDaLama
Outside of Limelight, my other favorite deep lyric song:

There is no political solution
To our troubled evolution

Have no faith in constitution
There is no bloody revolution

We are spirits in the material world
Are spirits in the material world

We are spirits in the material world
Are spirits in the material world

Our so-called leaders speak
With words they try to jail you
They subjugate the meek
But it's the rhetoric of failure

Where does the answer lie?
Living from day to day
If it's something we can't buy
There must be another way
hoov
Neil Peart is one of my music heroes that I truly miss.
Rearview
AG
I cannot believe nobody has mentioned that the song was inspired by the futuristic short story "A Nice Morning Drive, " written by Richard Foster and published in the November 1973 issue of Road & Track magazine.

http://www.fiatbarchetta.com/links/nice.html
VegasAg86
AG
I highly recommend reading Geddy's book, if you are a Rush fan.

He gives a warning about Chapter 3, but read it.

His name came from a friend thinking his mom called him Gedy. She was saying Gary with a thick Polish accent.

EX TEXASEX
Wow, I never knew that. No wonder he wrote about dystopian governments. His family saw first hand how they can turn on you and try to destroy you.
#FJB
Ag with kids
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

Here's a version of The Spirit of Radio the group released after the passing of Neil. Watch to the end.

Damn...gotta clean that ceiling fan. Think it just tossed down some dust in my eyes...
VegasAg86
AG
EX TEXASEX said:

Wow, I never knew that. No wonder he wrote about dystopian governments. His family saw first hand how they can turn on you and try to destroy you.

It's an extremely interesting telling of the concentration camp experience. His parents lost a lot of siblings and other family members. Which means cousins he could have had were never born. I don't think I had ever thought about that.

Brother Shamus
I saw Rush live only once back when they were doing their Time Machine Tour where they played the whole Moving Pictures album. This was in Vegas at the MGM venue. Place was packed, loud, exciting and those guys played for hours. Amazing concert.
IIIHorn

Simultaneous air brake failure during Rush hour.

WestGalvestonAggie
Rush Rules!
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
GeorgiAg
AG
G Martin 87 said:

GeorgiAg said:

KidDoc said:

GeorgiAg said:

Doesn't do it for Jay Leno either. I came very close to ordering a new Z after watching this. Enjoy!

Very cool thanks. I told the local Nissan dealer to let me know when they get a manual in.
KidDoc
AG
GeorgiAg said:

G Martin 87 said:

GeorgiAg said:

KidDoc said:

GeorgiAg said:

Very cool thanks. I told the local Nissan dealer to let me know when they get a manual in.
My barrier to going with Supra (which look and drive awesome) and 280z is I really wanted a hard top convertible that can also track. That really limits my options!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GeorgiAg
AG
I'm getting old. I have a Boxster convertible but unless the weather is perfect I don't like the top down.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.