Debate rules released

13,049 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by MarkTwain
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maroon Dawn said:

Sid Farkas said:

geoag58 said:

No Spin Ag said:

I may be missing something, but I don't see anything wrong with those rules.

What are the rules for the moderators?
this. They'll step in to rescue Joe any time he looks like he's about to lose his train of thought.

Biden: "and uh…so…you know…the thing…the…uh…the…unamerbajujderppadooo…."

Moderator: "and of course you mean" [answers question for Joe using DNC preapproved talking points given to moderators ahead of time]

I see a lot of "leading the witness questions". Like "are you for a women's God given right to abort a fetus which is of course not even human.... Just answer yes"
BkYdPitmaster
AG
WALTON LOADS! said:

My prediction:

There will be an "urgent matter that the president must tend to" and the debate wont happen.
I'm leaning toward this actually happening.
Backyard Pitmaster
richardag
Maroon Dawn said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

So does he have dementia or will he be using and earpiece? Seems to me that the last thing you want as a campaign manager is a mentally addled candidate being asked to process what's being said in his ear by a disembodied voice.
Maybe that's why they think he needs ten days at Camp David to practice?
This

They have the questions and need 10 days to rehearse the answers
And make sure the answers he gives are to the proper questions. Hilarious if he answers a question about inflation with the answer to a question about the border crisis.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Snoddy
AG
Didn't take long for the conspiracy theories to commence ... over a week BEFORE the actual event takes place! Jesus.
SeMgCo87
AG
WALTON LOADS! said:

My prediction:

There will be an "urgent matter that the president must tend to" and the debate wont happen.

Yeah, change his Depends...

"You are being watched..."
Maroon Dawn
AG
Snoddy said:

Didn't take long for the conspiracy theories to commence ... over a week BEFORE the actual event takes place! Jesus.

Yeah, media giving the Dem candidate the questions ahead of time or the moderators openly protecting the Dem and harassing the GOP candidate has NEVER happened!

What world do you and the idiots starring this live in?!?!
agracer
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Very fair rules to be honest. Let Biden's rambling be his undoing
trump could have done that last time but would not STFU.
secAg_098
Certain the spooks have all kinds of tech that will work for that.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Snoddy said:

Have you noticed how many conspiracies have ended up being accurate?
Snoddy
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Snoddy said:

Yeah, media giving the Dem candidate the questions ahead of time or the moderators openly protecting the Dem and harassing the GOP candidate has NEVER happened!

You are manifesting a conspiracy before anything has happened. Make that make sense.

Do you have proof of previous <anything you stated above> do persuade you to 'think' as such?

Why don't you let the event play out before you dive head first into your pool of delusion.
Snoddy
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Snoddy said:

Absolutely ... my count is zero.

What did I miss?
Mark Stoops
Snoddy said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Snoddy said:

What did I miss?

You seem to be a bit of a pompous ass on the board so let me help you out a bit here. If you're going to laugh/cry about "conspiracy theories", you probably shouldn't pick one that literally happened 8 years ago and ask when it has ever happened. It makes you look a little silly and uninformed. So yes, your "count" is off by at least one.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

What did I miss?
The last eight years, apparently.
EX TEXASEX
rocky the dog said:

Shouldn't one of those hands be lower and internal, controlling all the word salad that comes out of his pie hole ??
#FJB
MarkTwain
Snoddy said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Snoddy said:

You are manifesting a conspiracy before anything has happened. Make that make sense.

Do you have proof of previous <anything you stated above> do persuade you to 'think' as such?

Why don't you let the event play out before you dive head first into your pool of delusion.

There is absolute proof. You must have short term memory loss. In 2016 Donna Brazile gave the questions to the Clinton camp and was fired from CNN. There were emails showing Brazile tipping the Clinton campaign off ahead of time on questions that would come her way at the CNN debate.

But keep on trolling
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Snoddy
AG
Mark Stoops said:

Snoddy said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Snoddy said:

What did I miss?

You seem to be a bit of a pompous ass on the board so let me help you out a bit here. If you're going to laugh/cry about "conspiracy theories", you probably shouldn't pick one that literally happened 8 years ago and ask when it has ever happened. It makes you look a little silly and uninformed. So yes, your "count" is off by at least one.
You're absolutely right. I guess a broken clock is right ...

I suppose out of the multiple daily conspiracies after at least a decade .. it's hard to keep up. But, one isn't difficult to count to .. that's on me.
BigRobSA
Snoddy said:

Mark Stoops said:

Snoddy said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Snoddy said:

What did I miss?

You're absolutely right. I guess a broken clock is right ...

- COVID being a lab leak
- Ivermectin works
- the "vaccine"* is basically a semi-effective injected pre-therapeutic
- Dems get the questions before debates
- Big Tech/MSM colluded with Dems in past elections
- Twitter can be ran with 10-20% of the employees
- Hunter's laptop
- etc
Etc

All conspiracy theories proven true recently
taxpreparer
AG
Snoddy said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Snoddy said:

You are telling us you have not watched previous debates. The moderator argued with Romney and defended Obama (erroneously) in their debate. Hillary ad.itted to knowing the questions before her debate with Trump. How many tomes do we have to let it play out before we can question whether it is going to happen again?
aggiehawg
AG
Why do premium posters think they can hang on this forum? Everytime they are beat down with facts.

Go back to premium. This forum is not for you and certainly not your forte, dear.
Snoddy
AG
aggiehawg said:

Why do premium posters think they can hang on this forum? Everytime they are beat down with facts.

Go back to premium. This forum is not for you and certainly not your forte, dear.
BigRobSA
aggiehawg said:

premium posters

Ahhhh...that makes sense.
birdman
No teleprompters allowed. You could give Biden the questions ahead of time and it will backfire. He might be able to memorize some 90 second canned answers. But he might not remember what question to use the answer for. More importantly, when he stumbles on a word during one of his prepared remarks, it causes vapor lock. He will implode.
Maroon Dawn
AG
So Snod, we gave you proof the media has in fact conspired with Dems during past presidential debates

You may apologize at any time and admit you know nothing about politics and then head back to the Outdoors board or where ever else you hang out but F16 isn't for you
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
I just want to see them both walk out and Trump do that handshake where he pulls the other guy into him. Total boss move that will set the tone. Biden will probably let a shart slip when it happens.
Burpelson
Both candidates will be pumped full of "anti slip up juice" so they seem semi coherent, sad for our country that these 2 old azz loosers is the best we got.
Gigem314
AG
Logos Stick said:

My prediction....

Biden will debate. He will be heavily drugged. He will be given the questions in advance. Tapper will attack and challenge Trump throughout the debate. Biden will call Trump a felon. Biden will win the debate.
Biden will be declared the winner no matter what happens. He could do nothing but trip up to the stage and it will be said that he performed well.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Hunter's laptop was validated by over 50 high level sources as likely Russian disinformation and it was never questioned by the media. In fact it was parroted as fact. That same laptop was used in his trial as evidence. Please show us in picture format how that conspiracy held up.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

it's fine. That poster will scurry back off to that board with a moral 'W' and never notice how far out of their depth they were.
fixer
Foreverconservative said:

CNN released the debate details.

Candidates will not be allowed to bring props or prepared notes and there will be two commercial breaks during the debate, and candidates are not allowed to consult with other members of their campaign during that time.

Lmao… except Cnn is a "prop" for Biden in and of themselves.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Snoddy said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Snoddy said:

What did I miss?

Judging by your response, all of it.
Tramp96
No Spin Ag said:

Except it doesn't address any rules for the debate moderators. That's my problem with the whole thing.

I want included in the rules the exact limits of how the moderators are to treat the candidates.

ETA: I should've read the entire thread first before responding with a post that has pretty much already been said. My bad.
Ag with kids
AG
I read somewhere (I think on here) that one of the rules might be that only the person speaking would be shown - no split screen of the other candidate while they were talking.

Anyone heard anything about that rule? I think it would definitely favor Biden because he could take 1 min cat naps all night long.
javajaws
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

aggiehawg said:

it's fine. That poster will scurry back off to that board with a moral 'W' and never notice how far out of their depth they were.
Ignorance is bliss!
LMCane
No Spin Ag said:

seems that benefits Trump

to cut off his microphone to stop him from interrupting every 10 seconds!

it's amazing that anonymous Americans on a Aggie website are better at strategy in debating than freaking Trump!
Fightin_Aggie
AG
geoag58 said:

No Spin Ag said:

What are the rules for the moderators?
Hopefully STFU

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.