Debate rules released

13,050 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by MarkTwain
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SIAP, but no drug test?
Anonymous Source
S
TexAgs91 said:

Foreverconservative said:

Candidates will not be allowed to bring props or prepared notes and there will be two commercial breaks during the debate, and candidates are not allowed to consult with other members of their campaign during that time.
And democrat candidates will be allowed to be drugged and have an earpiece feeding them answers

So does he have dementia or will he be using and earpiece? Seems to me that the last thing you want as a campaign manager is a mentally addled candidate being asked to process what's being said in his ear by a disembodied voice.
Gig 'Em
AggieVictor10
AG
FJB is gonna get owned
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

So does he have dementia or will he be using and earpiece? Seems to me that the last thing you want as a campaign manager is a mentally addled candidate being asked to process what's being said in his ear by a disembodied voice.
Maybe that's why they think he needs ten days at Camp David to practice?
Maroon Dawn
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Maybe that's why they think he needs ten days at Camp David to practice?

This

They have the questions and need 10 days to rehearse the answers
WALTON LOADS!
AG
My prediction:

There will be an "urgent matter that the president must tend to" and the debate wont happen.
BigRobSA
AggieVictor10 said:

FJB is gonna get owned

Slavery
MarkTwain
You can bet there will be zero questions asked about the economy. Zero questions about the immigration crisis. Zero questions about widespread crime. No mention of Laken Riley or the 8 terrorists just arrested.

This will be focused on Trump and his Lawfare troubles. They will ask stupid questions about accepting the election results. And you can bet they squeeze in a Jan 6 question or two.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
34blast
I doubt it is completely fair debate. Don't be surprised it CNN gives all the questions to Biden pre debate and not to Trump. They will somehow avoid all the questions that make Biden look bad. CNN will do everything in their power to make Biden look good.
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

Biden will win the debate.
So will say the media.
aggiehawg
AG

You can bet there will be zero questions asked about the economy. Zero questions about the immigration crisis. Zero questions about widespread crime. No mention of Laken Riley or the 8 terrorists just arrested.

This will be focused on Trump and his Lawfare troubles. They will ask stupid questions about accepting the election results. And you can bet they squeeze in a Jan 6 question or two.
SCOTUS can do a lot to blunt those arguments by releasing the opinions in the Fischer and Trump DC immunity case next Thursday/Friday.

Hope they do.
Logos Stick
Mainstream media believes Trump is a "threat to democracy". Nothing is off the table. Preventing Trump from winning is the ultimate good. The media is protecting us from the next Hitler.

Think about that. If you are decent person and not an evil liberal, what would you do to prevent that from happening? Now think about what the libs, who are pure evil, will do.
Agsinheart
I see people complaining about it, but these rules are fair in my opinion, I don't see anything wrong in it. All we want is a fair election
zoneag

Throw in some IVF questions most likely
The Porkchop Express
AG
They're going to deep fake Biden like Luke skywalker in book of Boba fett
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
milner79

always gig em
AG
How many drugs can a candidate be on?

Can we test prior to debate?
taxpreparer
AG
Agsinheart said:

I see people complaining about it, but these rules are fair in my opinion, I don't see anything wrong in it. All we want is a fair election

The rules are fair. The question is, "Will they be enforced on Biden, or will they be (d)ifferemt?"
ts5641
BadMoonRisin said:

The devil is what they don't tell you and is discovered after the fact. Like that the D candidate and her campaign had received the questions in advance.
Of course. They'll cheat and they're so damn devious they'll come up with something new this time.
ts5641
Logos Stick said:

My prediction....

Biden will debate. He will be heavily drugged. He will be given the questions in advance. Tapper will attack and challenge Trump throughout the debate. Biden will call Trump a felon. Biden will win the debate.
People always predict biden will fail terribly in debates. They usually get his meds right and he's good enough to get through a night. They'll have him medicated to perfection and will rarely challenge him unless it's a challenge he's already expecting.
ts5641
Funky Winkerbean said:

No Spin Ag said:

I may be missing something, but I don't see anything wrong with those rules.

Ask to see the rules they aren't posting.

1. Give Biden a longer leash.
2. Don't give Trump any leash.
3. Don't ask Biden follow up questions
4. Ask Trump anything you like and remember, TDS sells so have at him.
5. Convince the audience that Biden won handily and point out Trump is a bully in how he talks to old sick people.
And why did the GOP agree to let CNN host? Will they never freaking learn?!
YouBet
AG

Yep. Remember...foreign policy wasn't even a topic last time. And Biden has done nothing but fail on that front since.

None of his failures will be brought up unless Trump works them into his answers.
lb3
AG
Hanrahan said:

zero chance biden could appear coherent within those rules. He cannot function without a script. He will have some kind of covert ear piece. Im certain the spooks have all kinds of tech that will work for that other than an obvious ear piece and will bend over backwards to accommodate.
If Biden were to wear a wire, it would be fun to hijack that channel.
Maroon Dawn
AG
YouBet said:

Yep. Remember...foreign policy wasn't even a topic last time. And Biden has done nothing but fail on that front since.

None of his failures will be brought up unless Trump works them into his answers.

This

They either won't ask at all or will phrase the question to help Biden IE

"The US economy is so strong and magnificent under your leadership, what flavor of ice cream allowed you to create this economic miracle?"

"You valiantly tried to get the border under control but that man right there prevented you from doing it! What flavor of ice cream helps you to cope with his treachery against America?"
YouBet
AG
"Mr. President, why do you think the Republicans are fighting you on trying to close the border?"
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Correct me if I am misremembering but wasn't the foreign policy debate cancelled due to covid?
KerrAg76
"Mr Biden, why didn't you agree to a drug test?"
Maroon Dawn
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Correct me if I am misremembering but wasn't the foreign policy debate cancelled due to covid?

No they specifically removed it as a topic from the debate for the first time ever so they could instead focus on more Biden friendly social issues like BLM
aggiehawg
AG
Oh. Thanks.
Sid Farkas
AG
geoag58 said:

No Spin Ag said:

What are the rules for the moderators?
this. They'll step in to rescue Joe any time he looks like he's about to lose his train of thought.
Jason C.
AG
We assume CNN's in the tank for Biden, but honestly they might want to see him fail so they can drop him. Maybe?
doubledog
Quote:

candidates are not allowed to consult with other members of their campaign during that time.

Does Biden handlers shouting into Joe's earbuds count as a consultation?
Ochit now wut
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

My prediction....

Biden will debate. He will be heavily drugged. He will be given the questions in advance. Tapper will attack and challenge Trump throughout the debate. Biden will call Trump a felon. Biden will win the debate.

Sounds about right, unfortunately
aggiehawg
AG
Jason C. said:

We assume CNN's in the tank for Biden, but honestly they might want to see him fail so they can drop him. Maybe?
If the decision has been made to dump Biden, that may very well happen. When Debbie Dingell says we will be hearing a lot about Hunter's laptop in the next few months? What does she know that we don't?
Maroon Dawn
AG
Sid Farkas said:

geoag58 said:

No Spin Ag said:

What are the rules for the moderators?
this. They'll step in to rescue Joe any time he looks like he's about to lose his train of thought.

Biden: "and uh…so…you know…the thing…the…uh…the…unamerbajujderppadooo…."

Moderator: "and of course you mean" [answers question for Joe using DNC preapproved talking points given to moderators ahead of time]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.