Musk gets his $56 billion and moves Tesla to Texas

6,452 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by techno-ag
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Decay said:

Media trying to paint someone getting the compensation they were contractually obligated to receive as a bad guy.

One of the stupidest angles the media has taken recently. And that's saying something
Well, they are the good guys. So obviously they have passed their salaries on to all the oppressed peoples of the world. They have, haven't they?
#FJB
Ag with kids
AG
PA24 said:

Abbott continues to make Texas a business friendly state, best in the nation if not the world. Even space X launches from south Texas and not Cape Caniveral FLORIDA ...

They launch from CCFL, too...

Watched a launch in 2022.
No Spin Ag
To Elon helping make Texas even more tech friendly.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
TexasAggie73
AG
SunrayAg said:

TexasAggie73 said:

I thought F16 was against Tesla and electric vehicles, but now Texas is the home to the biggest manufacturer.

I'm not at all against electric vehicles.

I'm violently against government mandates forcing electric vehicles down our throats.

I agree with you, in the right circumstances, electric vehicles have a role, but MPG mandates are getting out of hand, just like a lot of government regs from all levels of government.

But, I see a lot of just general criticism for electric vehicles that have no barring to government regs. Personally, I like the hybrid model over all electric.
richardag
TexasAggie73 said:

I thought F16 was against Tesla and electric vehicles, but now Texas is the home to the biggest manufacturer.
Most Conservatives are not anti EVs. You are mistaking the opposition to GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES for EVs as anti Tesla and EVs. Hell, even Elon Musks has come out against government subsidies.
Elon Musk says the US should 'get rid of all' government subsidies / He also said the Biden infrastructure plan should get canned
quote from the article
  • Elon Musk said Monday at the Wall Street Journal's CEO summit that he doesn't think the United States needs the Biden administration's infrastructure bill or any government subsidies, for that matter. "Just delete them all," he said.
So having bought Twitter and bringing back free speech he added his position opposing subsidies to the list that will bring more hate towards him from the Political elite and the Companies on the government dole.

Expect the lawfare to come at him full force.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
doubledog
captkirk said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

How does Delaware get a middle finger? What do they lose by Tesla reincorporating in Texas?
Franchise tax
Delaware is supposed to be "legal friendly" The Musk ruling blows that illusion out of the water.
ttu_85
TexasAggie73 said:

Good. I dont have a problem with EV's. I just dont want the gov shoving them down my throat. If EV's win out in the market place great else GTFO. Not the friggin Gov to decide.

That is what people resent. Pay attention.

BTW Im all for Texas dominating all industries, EV tech included.
TexasAggie73
AG
Jason C.
AG
TexasAggie73 said:

I hate government-subsidized EVs, and really hate EV mandates.

But outside of that, while I'd almost certainly never own one, I think they're cool/interesting. I would imagine this is most conservatives' take on EVs.
VaultingChemist
AG
Al Bula
AG
More Musk in Texas is a terrible thing. More white collar libs buying up land. More home developers striking while the iron is hot. More low end service jobs to accommodate the upper middle class suburb lifestyle. More low end housing. More crime follows.

This is a pattern which is factual. I don't get the ejac over this guy. He may have wrestled twitter away from some rabid libs but that doesn't mean he would piss on you if you were on fire and holding up a deal he wanted.
Agsinheart
Texas is really a business friendly state, Abbott continues to make it possible, I can't wait to drive the so called cyber truck showing my haters middle vehicle through the vehicle's window lmao
BigRobSA
Agsinheart said:

Texas is really a business friendly state, Abbott continues to make it possible, I can't wait to drive the so called cyber truck showing my haters middle vehicle through the vehicle's window lmao

Can someone translate whatever this is supposed to mean?
samurai_science
techno-ag said:

TexasAggie73 said:

Nope. We're against government mandating EVs and meddling in the markets to try and kill internal combustion cars.

Pay attention.
Mulberrywildman
AG
I'm just here for TexasAggie73's response...
hph6203
AG
Al Bula said:

More Musk in Texas is a terrible thing. More white collar libs buying up land. More home developers striking while the iron is hot. More low end service jobs to accommodate the upper middle class suburb lifestyle. More low end housing. More crime follows.

This is a pattern which is factual. I don't get the ejac over this guy. He may have wrestled twitter away from some rabid libs but that doesn't mean he would piss on you if you were on fire and holding up a deal he wanted.
This has near zero, if not zero, impact on quantity of employees for Tesla in Texas. More than 22,000 employees.

They're also already the largest private employer in Austin (behind the government and UT).

You people whining about libs moving to Texas to work for Tesla are living under a rock and don't understand what reincorporating here even means. It's paperwork, not people.
BigRobSA
hph6203 said:

You people whining ...

Whoa!!!!1
aTmAg
AG
Al Bula said:

The Musk hate is hilarious.

Jealousy is unbecoming.
Tailgate88
AG
VaultingChemist said:

The voice of the people is the voice of God.
ts5641
Decay said:

Media trying to paint someone getting the compensation they were contractually obligated to receive as a bad guy.

One of the stupidest angles the media has taken recently. And that's saying something
They have no shame. Who's going to call them out? Themselves?
techno-ag
AG
Al Bula said:

Yeah, but it's in Austin.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
AgDad121619
AG
Decay said:

haven't seen the media attacking Gates wealth. But he is on their team - he has the highest rated carbon credits money can buy.
TexAgs91
AG
Al Bula said:

So as a presumed conservative, you think conservatives should be anti-tech? Great strategy you got there.
Cromagnum
AG
Gonna be seeing a whole lot more of this in the Tine.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/igzjstnn4rkdizCk/?mibextid=D5vuiz
SMM48
AG
No one is FORCED to invest or hold shares of Tesla.

SMM48
AG
Hahaha. Stop.
hph6203
AG
SMM48 said:

No one is FORCED to invest or hold shares of Tesla.

Institutions are. If they want to provide a S&P index fund. Which is why they own as much of Tesla as they do. They cannot dump the stock as the person you're replying to said though.
SMM48
AG
The response was in reference to small guy holding the bag.

Should have clarified because this is f16 and said. No one is forcing the small guy.

Indexing still has rules for inclusion.
JayM
Wonder how many bullet points he has on his to do list every day?
hph6203
AG
Was meant as a response to both your post and his. Retail investors aren't forced to own it and the institutional investors can't pump and dump leaving retail holding the bag, because they are forced to hold it. If the institutions felt it was detrimental to the company long term they would have to vote against it, because they are required to hold it long term.

Musk is likewise required to hold the Tesla shares from the options package long term. He does not have exercisable options even after this vote. The court first has to rescind their decision, then he has to exercise the options, then he has to hold the shares for 5 years before sale. The vote was entirely about the long term outlook for the company.
SMM48
AG
Perfectly stated
Mr President Elect
AG
94chem said:

The real question to me is what the institutional investors will do once they manipulate the inevitable stock value bump. I predict a pump and dump, leaving the small investors holding the bag. I think that's why the institutional people voted for it overwhelmingly; they are probably colluding to get one more payday before it tanks, and making sure they are paying off their congressional cronies to keep the tariffs in place, since Tesla has no chance of winning in the non-luxury market.

What are you basing this off of, I'm kind of assuming nothing?? At one point 90% of retail investors had voted in favor of the deal. I don't think they released what the final numbers were, but retail support seemed higher than institutional. There were a few notable instutional investors that voted against it.

Sounds like you have it figured out, you should short a ton of their stock and report back the killing you make.
deddog
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

AgNav93 said:

Decay said:

Well, he's not on their side, so, everything he does will be scrutinized.

This doesn't deserve scrutiny.
It doesn't.
But the marxists and dumbasses are in charge now
cevans_40
AG
TexasAggie73 said:

I think they are stupid and impractical but stupid people should be free to buy them all day long.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.