Gas Stoves cause Early Childhood Deaths & Asthma - (Stanford)

2,421 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Fightin_Aggie
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In today's edition of some professor is being funded by a progressive organization / government: I bring you gas stoves cause early childhood deaths / asthma. This one is brought to you from the prestigious Stanford University.

Link (yahoo article)
Link (to the "study" itself)

If before clicking the link that this is somehow racist. Congratulations you were right!

Seriously just another study that shows how much garbage gets published as academic work these days.

Also fun fact, Oakland based research group got the data.
texagbeliever
Note studies like the above will be used by the Feds to come after gas stoves throughout the country. It already happened in NY.
oldcrow91
AG
Life causes death, let's eliminate all life and eliminate early and late deaths.
Teslag
AG
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3355358
Tramp96
oldcrow91 said:

Life causes death, let's eliminate all life and eliminate early and late deaths.

And sex causes life. So to end all death, we must quit having sex.

Change Detection
AG
I wonder how anyone ever survived open fires and fireplaces to cook.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm sure the quality of both the data and the statistical analysis are unimpeachable and in no way have confounding variables.
beerad12man
AG
Anything liberals don't want you to have, they will come up with some study how it's dangerous for you or the environment.
Owlagdad
Seems to me with an uneducated guess, lots of asthma in 60s-70s-80s about time most house were built all electric.
Max Stonetrail
Researcher: Just tell me what you want my spreadsheet to say.
MagnumLoad
Wow, I made it to 76 with lots of GAS!
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
Sharpshooter
AG
Grew up as a kid with stove and heating of house using NG. In my 60's and fine. The most dangerous gas I have ever encountered has been my own personal.
Owlagdad
Max Stonetrail said:

Researcher: Just tell me what you want my spreadsheet to say.
Nerds finally have value to the cool people-- as expert liars!
Pinheads finally cashing in and even faulty research in basement of hospital gets them some cred.
Harry Stone
AG
But is it peer reviewed?
No Spin Ag
texagbeliever said:

In today's edition of some professor is being funded by a progressive organization / government: I bring you gas stoves cause early childhood deaths / asthma. This one is brought to you from the prestigious Stanford University.

Link (yahoo article)

If before clicking the link that this is somehow racist. Congratulations you were right!

Seriously just another study that shows how much garbage gets published as academic work these days.

All throughout the article are the words, "can" and "may." In other words they can't say for certain.

When an article is filled with words like those I never take them seriously. At best these things are click-bait for both sides.

Stupid off-season politics article.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
No, they don't.

Next stupid assertion.
sleepybeagle
AG
Say something left-wing stupid like it's a fact.
Media repeats it over and over.
It becomes fact.

The end result always ends with money being taken out of my wallet.
sleepybeagle
Algorithmic Epiphany
texagbeliever said:

Link (yahoo article)

I feel like I should link the current cannabis thread and this thread.

Quote:

Prestigious research school proves ____ is gonna kill you less you grant more govt control

And the same dipshi*s will fall for it ad nauseum.
CW Griswold
I was just without power for 6 days. My nat gas powered water heater, gasoline powered generator, and propane grill made it bearable.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I would be willing to bet that there are more house fires caused by electrical issues than gas issues.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Tramp96 said:

oldcrow91 said:

Username does not check out
Malibu
Yes, breathing harmful gasses is hazardous to ones health. Story at 11. On the margins this seems plausible and even likely. Solution: decide what risks you are willing to expose yourself and your children. Not a solution: banning natural gas stoves and furnaces.
doubledog
Quote:

We estimate NO2 exposure and health consequences using emissions and concentration measurements from >100 homes

That tells me all I need to know about the author's science.

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.adm8680
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Uhmmm... no.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agent-maroon
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I'm sure the quality of both the data and the statistical analysis are unimpeachable and in no way have confounding variables.
Majority of these children were vaccinated, lived in homes that also had electricity & running water, and were sustained by some form of mammalian milk as infants, correct? I think we can all see where the data are leading us.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
deddog
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

What good is a research study without a "fudge factor"
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Um yeah no they don't. Honestly you don't have to read this to know it's garbage
Fightin_Aggie
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

And that all studied houses had proper ventilation and no leaking gas or any other issues that weren't properly accounted for since people have been using gas stoves forever without any noticeable issue.

We just had to have Mr. Dr. Smarty pants show us the error of our ways
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.