Don't Ban Gas-stoves

14,255 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TChaney
AggieCo2023
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/energy/3806848-federal-agency-considering-ban-on-gas-stoves-report/amp/

I want to come out against this measure. While I and many of my left leaning friends have switched to clean electric stove tops years ago, if the freedom lovers want to continue breathing in carcinogenic and asthma causing poison with their families to own us libs the government should not stop them.
javajaws
AG
[If you're going to be disrespectful to other posters, then take a break -- Staff]
Sea Speed
AG
I know that I DEFINITELY use a gas cooktop to own the libs. Hell, is there any other reason?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
AggieCo2023 said:

While I and many of my left leaning friends

By left leaning, you mean poor and renting an apartment.

Zero people with money that actually like cooking would ever choose an electric range.
Franklin Comes Alive!
Crazy how every grand liberal idea either steals middle class freedom, money, or both
Manhattan
I am against it, but if the "13% of childhood asthma is caused by gas stoves" is true then maybe we should look into it.
GAC06
AG
I guess pretty much anyone that knows **** about cooking is a scary conservative for knowing that gas is the best
YouBet
AG
AggieCo2023 said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/energy/3806848-federal-agency-considering-ban-on-gas-stoves-report/amp/

I want to come out against this measure. While I and many of my left leaning friends have switched to clean electric stove tops years ago, if the freedom lovers want to continue breathing in carcinogenic and asthma causing poison with their families to own us libs the government should not stop them.
FYI - enjoy your inferior food while you virtue signal for idiocy. How long does it take you to cook crickets on that?
GAC06
AG
Manhattan said:

I am against it, but if the "13% of childhood asthma is caused by gas stoves" is true then maybe we should look into it.

Hint: it's not true
pacecar02
I'll use both induction and gas

Induction doesn't work with all my cookware

Just don't nanny the entire population

The 2014 study only linked increased risk in kitchens without exhaust fans while the stove was being used
Smudge
AG
AggieCo2023 said:

One of the dumbest things I've ever read. Guessing this is some Californication going on. Of course not looking at all the data to make decisions. I ****ing hate the left. The stupidity is criminal.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
kyledr04
AG
Cooking on electric sucks
Psycho Bunny
AggieCo2023 said:

Clean electric stove tops? Really! You do know, that there is no such thing as clean electric.

You want "clean" cook your food on an open fire, from a tree, that you had to cut down with an ax.

goatchze
AG
AggieCo2023 said:

Clean electric. Lol.

If your natgas stove is not getting complete combustion, that's your fault. Clean the dang thing.
Smudge
AG
pacecar02 said:

I'll use both induction and gas

Induction doesn't work with all my cookware

Just don't nanny the entire population

The 2014 study only linked increased risk in kitchens without exhaust fans while the stove was being used

Exactly. And natural gas and propane dissipate so incredibly fast. Don't let your kids stand over the burners and breath in the fumes and you'll be ok.

They already got rid of wood burning fireplace, note they'll take the gas away.

As always, ask why. It's not for child asthma (that's absurd), it's not for environmental reasons (even more absurd). It's easy to cut off your electricity. But it's easy to retrofit any home to run off of gas for heating/cooking/etc… can't let that happen. Need to be able to control you completely.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
DrEvazanPhD
Obvious troll is obvious.

My gas stove worked through the big freeze. How'd your electric hot plate fare, OP?
gkaggie08
AG
During the Texas Freezemageddon of 2021, I sure was glad to have a propane range/stovetop and propane water heater while the power was out for over 18 hours.

I'll also add that gas dryers beat the hell out of electric dryers
pagerman @ work
AG
Manhattan said:

This isn't even an externality that harms uninvolved 3rd parties (like say pollution or 2nd hand smoke).

This is akin to not allowing an adult to smoke in their own home because of fears of 2nd hand smoke to their children. Don't worry about my kids. I am more than capable of making decisions regarding what potential risks are and aren't real and/or acceptable, and it is absolutely not the federal government's job to do it for me.
Goodnight Irene
AG
Funding

This research was supported in part by internal funds of RMI and in part by the National Cancer Institute (1U01CA242740-01).

https://rmi.org/about/

WHO WE ARE
RMI is an independent, non-partisan, nonprofit organization of experts across disciplines working to accelerate the clean energy transition and improve lives.
TheMasterplan
Environmentalism religion.
TheMasterplan
Goodnight Irene said:

Funding

This research was supported in part by internal funds of RMI and in part by the National Cancer Institute (1U01CA242740-01).

https://rmi.org/about/

WHO WE ARE
RMI is an independent, non-partisan, nonprofit organization of experts across disciplines working to accelerate the clean energy transition and improve lives.

"independent"

"non-partisan"

lol ok - These people vote democrat 100%.
geoag58
AG
All state legislatures that are not majority imbeciles should pass laws nullifying any moronic attempt to ban any gas appliance.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
Goodnight Irene
AG
It's definitely laughable that they claim that but have a goal of accelerating clean energy.
Gabster43213
Does Jill not care about the Biden grandchildren? Hilarious to see the photo of her cooking with a gas stove.
Teslag
AG
kyledr04 said:

Not all electric sucks. Induction is in many ways better than gas and is used in high end kitchens and by chefs around the world.
Pizza
AggieCo2023 said:

If the freedom lovers want to continue breathing in carcinogenic and asthma causing poison with their families to own us libs the government should not stop them.

Point 1: you're excluding yourself from label "Freedom lover." You should instead exclude yourself from the group with Ag Tags.

Point 2: The fascists you support most likely vape, and smoke pot.

OP is just trolling.
Manhattan
pagerman @ work said:

Manhattan said:

This isn't even an externality that harms uninvolved 3rd parties (like say pollution or 2nd hand smoke).

This is akin to not allowing an adult to smoke in their own home because of fears of 2nd hand smoke to their children. Don't worry about my kids. I am more than capable of making decisions regarding what potential risks are and aren't real and/or acceptable, and it is absolutely not the federal government's job to do it for me.
So you are going to run your own study to decide if it's real or not? How did you decide that smoking actually causes cancer?
Manhattan
Nomenclature said:

Point 1: you're excluding yourself from label "Freedom lover."
I do not love people having the freedom to inflict harm on their children...
GAC06
AG
Teslag said:

kyledr04 said:

Not all electric sucks. Induction is in many ways better than gas and is used in high end kitchens and by chefs around the world.

Induction is garbage and virtually every "high end kitchen" used by top chefs uses gas
HollywoodBQ
AG
The phrase is "now we're cooking with gas"
agent-maroon
AG
Teslag said:

kyledr04 said:

Nonsense. Name one
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
So when are they going to start on obesity and child obesity?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Canyon99
AG
Manhattan said:

For ****s sake!
austinAG90
AG
Canyon99 said:

Manhattan said:

For ****s sake!

Gas Stoves - I'd bet that 13%+ of asthma cases in kids is a direct cause of diet and processed foods. Fat kids can't breath.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Teslag said:

kyledr04 said:

Putting something in writing doesn't make it true. Electric cook tops blow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.