Is Caitlin Clark popular because she's white?

31,348 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Sea Speed
ShackelfordAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YouBet said:

ShackelfordAg99 said:

YouBet said:

ShackelfordAg99 said:

YouBet said:

BCG Disciple said:

Kozmozag said:

She is not attractive, it's just a matter of time before she goes bi.

Most of them go bi because of the social pressure to conform for acceptance in the wake of years of rejection by the opposite gender. Don't think that is the case for Cait, who could have a never ending sea of D from actual alphas pursuing her.

Not sure why; she's a solid 4-5.
When 70% of American are overweight or obese, 4-5 is a tragically low number (unless living in L.A.). She's a solid 7.

I don't grade good looks on a curve. 7 is absurd.
I grade on a percentile. 7+ easy. Line up 100 Americans her age and how many would you rather date?? 10? Maybe 15?? 20 at the most. Keep in mind 70 of them are on the big side.

In any group of 100 there might be 50 pretty girls or 1.

Read this again. This is just stupid. Math is hard. Your grading scale needs a readjustment.

agent-maroon
AG
ShackelfordAg99 said:

YouBet said:

ShackelfordAg99 said:

YouBet said:

ShackelfordAg99 said:

YouBet said:

BCG Disciple said:

Kozmozag said:

Most of them go bi because of the social pressure to conform for acceptance in the wake of years of rejection by the opposite gender. Don't think that is the case for Cait, who could have a never ending sea of D from actual alphas pursuing her.

When 70% of American are overweight or obese, 4-5 is a tragically low number (unless living in L.A.). She's a solid 7.

I grade on a percentile. 7+ easy. Line up 100 Americans her age and how many would you rather date?? 10? Maybe 15?? 20 at the most. Keep in mind 70 of them are on the big side.

Read this again. This is just stupid. Math is hard. Your grading scale needs a readjustment.

You can build a better bridge or a jet engine or even send someone to the moon if you understand complex math, but you cannot make someone more attractive with the same understanding. No one can take a grade school art project and calculate its merit into a Louvre display. Just as you can't take a different kind of measurement/scale/calculation/whatever and turn average to below average looks into a hottie.

Caitlin Clark is a great women's basketball player and probably does some other things really well. But she's really not all that attractive and that's OK.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YouBet
AG
ShackelfordAg99 said:

YouBet said:

ShackelfordAg99 said:

YouBet said:

ShackelfordAg99 said:

YouBet said:

BCG Disciple said:

Kozmozag said:

It's not stupid. It's reality.

Put 99 women in the group that are all morbidly obese and Clark as the 100th. That doesn't make Clark a 7. It just means you have 99 1s and 2s and Clark who is still a 5.

It's an absolute scale and she's not a 7.

She seems to be a phenomenal basketball player for a woman though. I just don't understand the unnecessary added descriptor that she's good looking. Shes not and it's irrelevant.
texagbeliever
The human experience is generally speaking a scale of relativity.

You are rich if you are richer than your friends. But you are poor compared to Buffet.
It is why keeping up with the Jonses is a whole phenomenon. People compare themselves relative to those around them.

The irony here is that a "7" relatively to the posters likely means different things. For some it is a head turner, others it is that they would date her.

Ultimately she seems to be of tremendous character and obviously has great intelligence, hard work and athleticism. Article on her catholic upbring (Link). I don't see her physical features as being of note good or bad as her other qualities are much more noteworthy.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C79d0VXgmjF
one safe place
Too much focus on skin color. Take, for instance, Lizzo, they say she is popular and all six of her are black.
aTmAg
AG
She is the modern day Jackie Robinson.
B-1 83
AG
Perhaps I'm looking at this the wrong way…..

Gone are the days where non-pro college kids were playing. It's professionals with years of pro experience under their belts/bras. She needs a few years to truly adjust to the game that's played at that level.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
CheeseSndwch
She didn't make the Olympic team? There's probably an NBC exec screaming into a telephone right about now.
BigRobSA
B-1 83 said:

Gone are the days where non-pro college kids were playing. It's professionals with years of pro experience under their belts/bras. She needs a few years to truly adjust to the game that's played at that level.

This isn't like Laettner being on the Dream Team. She is probably the best female basketball player in the world, possibly ever (as of right now). Anyone with a smidgen of basketball IQ would have her on that team.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Lake08
Definitely Not A Cop said:

https://instagr.am/p/C79d0VXgmjF

Dude was nails and 100% right
Gilligan
AG
I don't watch WNBA, but a few weeks ago I saw where she got body checked away from the ball and sent sprawling.

Reminds me AAU basketball. Gut check
Science Denier
AG
Is she popular because she's white? Don't think so. Many of the broadcast folks are not white and they support the hell out of her. Every race likes her.

Now, the hate the WNBA specifically has against her is pure jealousy. Everyone outside that wack group can see it. It's pretty insane actually. She's humble and goes about her business with a great attitude.

The question to ask is this:

Is that jealousy towards her BECAUSE she's white? Is it because she's not gay?
DBird
Science Denier said:

It's because she's more popular than they ever were.
B-1 83
AG
BigRobSA said:

B-1 83 said:

This isn't like Laettner being on the Dream Team. She is probably the best female basketball player in the world, possibly ever (as of right now). Anyone with a smidgen of basketball IQ would have her on that team.
So she just started in the WNBA and is better at international ball than all the ones chosen? You must follow women's ball more than me, and I stand corrected.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
BusterAg
AG
I actually watched some college women's basketball when she was at Iowa because she's fun to watch.

She has the release time of Steph Curry, the range of Steph Curry, averaged almost 9 assists per game her senior year, and led Iowa to the championship game two years in a row.

If you encounter a Caitlan hater, ask if they have watched her play. She's just really, really good, technically sound, has amazing fundamentals, and fun to watch.
TexAgs91
AG

> Is Caitlin Clark popular because she's white?

No. I don't even know who that is
Fight! Fight! Fight!
74OA
AG
She's popular with fans because she's that good.

"The Fever rookie sat at 202 points, 76 assists and 64 rebounds in just 12 games. She became the fastest WNBA player to reach at least 200 points and 50 assists in league history, according to Bleacher Report via Stat Mamba on social media."

RECORD

She's unpopular with WNBA veterans because she's that good. Also, perhaps because she's white and straight.

"It's not just race, though, it's also sexuality. Caitlin Clark is a white, heterosexual woman in a Black, lesbian league and they resent and are jealous of all of the attention and the shoe deal that she got."

JEALOUSY
TyHolden
AG
If the wnba tree fell in a forest, would anybody hear it?
Bocephus
AG
The majority of the WNBA players are veritable crabs in a bucket
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
StandUpforAmerica
You forgot that she's Christian too. She checks all three boxes (white/straight/Christian).
agent-maroon
AG
DBird said:

Science Denier said:

List of WNBA players that somewhat knowledgeable sports fans can name:

1. Caitlin Clark
2. Brittney Griner
3. ???

List of WNBA teams that somewhat knowledgeable sports fans can name:

1. ???
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
texagbeliever
74OA said:

She's popular with fans because she's that good.

"The Fever rookie sat at 202 points, 76 assists and 64 rebounds in just 12 games. She became the fastest WNBA player to reach at least 200 points and 50 assists in league history, according to Bleacher Report via Stat Mamba on social media."

RECORD

She's unpopular with WNBA veterans because she's that good. Also, perhaps because she's white and straight.

"It's not just race, though, it's also sexuality. Caitlin Clark is a white, heterosexual woman in a Black, lesbian league and they resent and are jealous of all of the attention and the shoe deal that she got."

JEALOUSY
Sexuality is an interesting one. There would appear a very strong correlation to an individual being considered happy vs angry and that individual seeing their identity through their sexual identification (lesbian). See Rapoine vs Alex Morgan.
Bocephus
AG
agent-maroon said:

DBird said:

Science Denier said:

1. Caitlin Clark
2. Brittney Griner
3. ???

1. ???

Channady Carter

Dallas Wings baby!!

TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Raiderjay
did any of the current WNBA black/LGBTQ players break the NCAA all time scoring record???? no. Did CC break the record????? yes

THAT is why she is/should be popular.......
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Channady Carter

Dallas Wings baby!!
Did you mean Chennedy Carter?

No matter, thanks for helping me make the point
Bocephus
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Channady Carter

Dallas Wings baby!!
Did you mean Chennedy Carter?

No matter, thanks for helping me make the point

Exactly! And I only remembered her (kinda) bc she pushed Clark down and she's an Aggie.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
YokelRidesAgain
AG
BigRobSA said:

I just looked up WNBA stats for the first time ever.

Clark is 14th in points per game, 25th and rebounds per game, and 4th in assists per game. Her team is 3-9.

Those are respectable numbers, but not "best in the world" numbers.
Raiderjay
YokelRidesAgain said:

BigRobSA said:

Clark is 14th in points per game, 25th and rebounds per game, and 4th in assists per game. Her team is 3-9.

dude she is on by far the worst team in the league, and she is a rookie......

and she did break the all time college scoring record, so she has that.....
BigRobSA
YokelRidesAgain said:

BigRobSA said:

All of that with her own teammates not really even passing to her much...according to NBA players/ex-players that have been talking about her situation.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's still a weak ass women's ball, so....
Ag with kids
AG
Bocephus said:

agent-maroon said:

DBird said:

Science Denier said:

1. Caitlin Clark
2. Brittney Griner
3. ???

1. ???

Channady Carter

Dallas Wings baby!!

BWW has better wings...
Bocephus
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

BigRobSA said:

She's one of the best three-point shooters in the league. Evidently she can get her shot off faster than anybody in women's basketball. Long ranch shooting is something that would be helpful on an Olympic team.

I don't give AF bc it is women's basketball but if they want to promote the sport, it is an easy argument to put her on Team USA. I believe she was the fastest in league history to get to 200/50. She set a rookie record for scoring at 37 points in a game. An argument can be made.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
peacedude
AG
If she wants to make her mark (and SIAP), just walk away with both middle fingers turned up to 11 - watch the league implode - and then host a podcast with elite athletes (excluding any other WouldNotBangAnywhere future Elementary school DEI teachers).
74OA
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

BigRobSA said:

From the link a few posts up:

zephyr88
AG
Just put it in perspective...

When Altuve came to Houston, the Mexicans loved it. It even got more enticing when they added Jeremy Peña and Lance McCullars. Now, they're in HEB commercials and everybody love it.

When the Angels brought in Ohtani, ticket sales to Angels games soared. Later, when he moved on to the Dodgers, the same thing happened.

So now, the WNBA has an emerging all star who doesn't looks like the rest of the league. She bringing a different demographic to the games and that's causing a problem???

What's the difference? I think you know the difference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.