DEI Disaster at Thomas Jefferson University Graduation

11,498 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by IndividualFreedom
FCBlitz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is no way that just happened…….imo that was staged. Maybe not everyone was in on it……but no way that was real.
2000AgPhD
"Canevari corrected the speaker, who pronounced his first name "Thomas" as "Too-Moo-May," said the mispronunciation of names continued for about 30 minutes.

After announcing the first three rows of graduates, Canevari said there was a wave of boos from the crowd, and the speaker was eventually replaced. "It was one of the worst moments I could have imagined," Canevari said."
one safe place
doubledog said:

I would have issues if I mc'd a HBCU graduation, of course I would never be allowed to.
Do you mean to say you would struggle trying to say L'Tadariousallouishious D'Fusiomonotarius Jenkins-Williams?
one safe place
I would never want to mispronounce a name, even in face to face or telephone communication. I cannot imagine it happening during a graduation ceremony, a funeral, a wedding, or any special event.

Hebert can be He-bert, or Ay-bear, Gilbert can be Gil-Bert or Zo-bear, Cormier can be Corr-mere or Cor-me-ay. Good luck with Chachere or Wyrzykowski. Just need to make an effort.
agent-maroon
AG
My wife is from near New Orleans and it's a constant beat down trying to pronounce names when we visit there. I swear the people there make up pronunciations on the spot just to screw with my West Texas accent.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
IndividualFreedom
Done on purpose?

on a second watch, they were all privileged.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.