DEI Disaster at Thomas Jefferson University Graduation

11,462 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by IndividualFreedom
EX TEXASEX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It is pretty obvious that this women was hired as the announcer because she is a women, black and a foreigner.
One the one hand it is pretty funny to listen to her SLAUGHTER these common names. On the other hand what other important jobs where peoples lives matter are being filled by people whose main qualification is their melanin or ovaries ?? Discrimination is disgusting, at least it used to be. Now it is noble and empowering !!

The university is giving some b.s. excuse about her reading the phonetic spelling for the names. Why does she need it for common names and she slaughtered the phonetic spelling too !!

Stop this disgusting practice of giving people jobs based on their sex, race, ethnicity and start hiring on MERIT !!

ENJOY, JUST HOPE HER BROTHER ISN'T YOUR KID'S SURGEON !!

another family member of hers

#FJB
91AggieLawyer
AG
There's only one name on there that a non-idiot would have ANY issue with (Maeve) and I'm not even sure she wailed on that as much as she did the rest of that girl's (common) name. The rest were just stupid.

Phonics is meant to TEACH reading, not to be used when somewhat of a grasp of the English language is supposedly mastered. You'd think someone calling out names at a college would be able to read on a graduate school level, but apparently not. My wife's special ed kids could do better.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Lady decolonized those names.
Ryan the Temp
AG
For my last graduation they had us write our names phonetically and then record ourselves saying it. It was all then sent to a voiceover artist who recorded our names, degrees, etc. and the recordings were cued up to a system that loaded the clip of our names when a bar code we had to carry with us was scanned before we walked across the stage.

It was extremely efficient, effective, and relatively inexpensive to do.
Cruiser87
AG
In December of 1987, I got a call from the registrar, or whoever, just to make sure they pronounced my name correctly at graduation.

Same for my daughter last year, or something similar. She mentioned it to me.
CheeseSndwch
So the commencement announcer at Thomas Jefferson University couldn't pronounce the name Thomas?
doubledog
I would have issues if I mc'd a HBCU graduation, of course I would never be allowed to.
bmks270
AG
Sorry, that person simply can't read.

How did they get picked for this job?

Ellis Wyatt
Are we sure it's not so all of us "know what immigrants feel like" when their names are butchered by the majority? I think that's about where we are on the race issue spectrum.
JW
AG
Was done on purpose. The saying of Thomas tells you that.
Catag94
AG
JW said:

My thoughts precisely.
HarleySpoon
AG
Cruiser87 said:

In December of 1987, I got a call from the registrar, or whoever, just to make sure they pronounced my name correctly at graduation.

From the moment you and I met at fish camp, I always wondered how hard it would be to go through life with the last name Wunderlich but was afraid to ask. Appears the registrar's office has its ducks in a row.
CanyonAg77
AG
I remember the white male who announced names at Aggie graduations in the late 70s and early 80s. Clear voice, easy to understand, and did a great job, even with all the International students. He got a standing ovation when done.

Going further back, consider yourself lucky if you got to hear C.K. Esten announce a game at Kyle Field

Logos Stick
I saw this a few days ago and initially did not believe it was real.

It is real. The university issued an apology.

Libs believe that if you put a monkey into the cockpit of an airplane and fly it around, it'll eventually become a grade A pilot.

Liberalism has driven this nation over the cliff.
Aston04
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

So the commencement announcer at Thomas Jefferson University couldn't pronounce the name Thomas?
lol, good point.
agent-maroon
AG
Catag94 said:

JW said:

My thoughts precisely.
Yep. Count another win for "diversity"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
combat wombat™
AG
Logos Stick said:

I saw this a few days ago and initially did not believe it was real.

It is real. The university issued an apology.

Libs believe that if you put a monkey into the cockpit of an airplane and fly it around, it'll eventually become a grade A pilot.

Liberalism has driven this nation over the cliff.

They claim that there was a problem with the phonetic spelling of each name in the cards provided to the announcer. No kidding.
Wearer of the Ring
AG
Well done Canyon! WOW that brought back memories!
FJB
El Gallo Blanco
Ellis Wyatt said:

Are we sure it's not so all of us "know what immigrants feel like" when their names are butchered by the majority? I think that's about where we are on the race issue spectrum.

This would not surprise me. And if this were revealed to be the case. Every single liberal would be in support of her bravery and form of "protest".
fc2112
I've done PA work. Rule #1 is "pronounce the names correctly".

Before calling games, I'd go down to the sidelines and run through the whole roster with some of those female trainers. They'd know EXACTLY how every player wanted his name pronounced.
twk
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I remeber the whire male who announced names at Aggie graduations in the late 70s and early 80s. Clear voice, easy to understand, and did a great job, even with all the International students. He got a standing ovation when done.

Going further back, consider yourself lucky if you got to hear C.K. Esten announce a game at Kyle Field

I believe your commencement announcer was Dr Roger Feldman, who succeeded Esten as the Kyle Field PA. He was so good, and so respected, that the SWC had him do PA at the basketball tournament for years.
zephyr88
AG
who dafuq put this woman in charge of reading names?
zephyr88
AG
and who was this person?

i gotta see the stupidity behind the voice.

i'm pretty sure i know what it looks like.
CanyonAg77
AG
Thanks for giving Dr. Feldman the credit he deserves. He was amazing.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Wow.
CanyonAg77
AG
zephyr88 said:

who dafuq put this woman in charge of reading names?

I don't know if they have American style graduations in France, India, China, etc.

But I'm 100% sure that they have an educated and articulate native speaker of their language announcing the names.

Why the United States sacrifices all on the altar of diversity, when the rest of the world does the smart thing, is beyond my understanding
Stupe
S
Cruiser87 said:

A&M does a lot of work so a disaster like what happened at Thomas Jefferson doesn't happen.

We have friends with kids that have been student workers in that office that have talked about it. I was impressed by the amount of effort to make sure something like this doesn't happen at A&M. The employees have to stay late the week of graduation to get all of the name checks in order.

The readers get a list of names early in order to to make that phone call if needed. They double check with phonetics. They do another check entering graduation and then the students can tell the reader as they walk across the stage.

Buck Turgidson
South Africa and Zimbabwe tried that with whole nations - have the country run by totally unqualified people. Put them in charge of the government, water supply, food supply, the police, the treasury, etc. We are doing that with military promotions, engineers, doctors, and airline pilots. What can go wrong? Competence and merit are constructs of the racist patriarchy.
Stupe
S
The HIGH SCHOOLS in College Station and Bryan even do that.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
It's all the Czech names
rocky the dog
AG
I could have done a better job barking out their names.

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Stupe
S
Emotional Support Cobra said:

It's all the Czech names
You're saying that that they are double-czeching the Czechs?

(I'll see myself out..... )
EX TEXASEX
bmks270 said:

Sorry, that person simply can't read.

How did they get picked for this job?

100% agree. You can hear a accent which I think helped her get the gig. So she can speak English fluently it seems, but it almost seems like she might be a functional illiterate. Can a functional illiterate get a job and stay employed at a major U.S. university ? I think we know the answer. Down the toilet America keeps going thanks to liberals.
#FJB
Aggie95
AG
She pronounced virtually every last name correctly.
Did they give phonetic spelling for last name only?
BadMoonRisin
AG
Literally only part of your job is pronouncing names correctly. And they pick the absolute worst person to do it.

Don't blame it on the phonetics -- blame it on hiring someone who cant read.

cuz slaves n sheit.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.