Imagine being 22ish and having your first consequence.

13,570 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by jickyjack1
Ag83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

BTHOB-98 said:

Breanna Brocker should've been focusing on studying for finals and graduating. Yet, Brocker wasted her time being destructive and supporting terrorist by breaking and entering and trespassing (allegedly per police reports.).

Now she is suspended and is unsure about her future. I am so glad that I was tough on my kids!!

&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f9735e22c6854e5abd7cbbf4b4a4302b70f3e9bea0c3b41b601439aba170e4a0&ipo=images
BkYdPitmaster
AG
I bet Bandana Brocker wasn't crying and didn't have trouble with English when screaming insults at the cops or spewing hatred to Jews. Stupid youngs. Can't imagine disrespecting and disappointing my parents so profoundly.
Backyard Pitmaster
AnScAggie
AG
I could not make it longer than a minute and 28 seconds before I had to turn it off. Her speaking ability for a theater major is severely lacking and I cannot imagine what the poor students will be faced with from both an indoctrination standpoint and just a general classroom management perspective that she will likely be teaching in some public school shortly.
Muy
AG
She won't have a degree
ShaggySLC
AnScAggie said:

I could not make it longer than a minute and 28 seconds before I had to turn it off. Her speaking ability for a theater major is severely lacking and I cannot imagine what the poor students will be faced with from both an indoctrination standpoint and just a general classroom management perspective that she will likely be teaching in some public school shortly.
Her world view was crashing down on her, we watched her real time realizing how her actions effected the people that would actually be there for her. It ain't hamas or democrats, it was her family that she's probably made their lives miserable for years but there they are.
dixichkn
AG
BkYdPitmaster said:

I bet Bandana Brocker wasn't crying and didn't have trouble with English when screaming insults at the cops or spewing hatred to Jews. Stupid youngs. Can't imagine disrespecting and disappointing my parents so profoundly.
From what was posted earlier, sounds like she's not disappointing her parents in the least
ts5641
BTHOB-98 said:

Breanna Brocker should've been focusing on studying for finals and graduating. Yet, Brocker wasted her time being destructive and supporting terrorist by breaking and entering and trespassing (allegedly per police reports.).

Now she is suspended and is unsure about her future. I am so glad that I was tough on my kids!!

Look at the pathetic weakness of this generation. Sad. Can't see how we maintain being leaders in science, technology, and military with a generation of these numpty's.
ts5641
rgag12 said:

Finally a protestor comes clean on what's fueling their motivations.

Genius!
94AGBQ
AG
There have always been morons like this. We just get to see them all on social media now. They can't help but show their stupidity for the world to see. The good news is there are plenty of smart good kids that aren't doing stupid crap like this. I look at my sons and their friends and know they will be fine.

Then again the normal kids won't be the ones running for office. Maybe we are doomed.
Rex Racer
AG
Someone needs to tell her that "standing up for what you believe in" comes with a cost.

Also, someone needs to teach her about dental hygiene.
MouthBQ98
AG
I will say this: everyone here is underestimating the left. There are already embedded leftist activists or supporters in various institutions that would give a useless adult child like this hiring preference purely on common ideological grounds. They want to employ fellow travelers, and give them access and resources and opportunities to continue to subvert institutions to leftist causes..
ttu_85
zephyr88 said:

She's a theater major, we're probably already paying for her education anyhow.
Had a good conservative childhood friend let his kid become a theater major. Now he hardly knows her. She turned against everything they tied to teach her as parents. Imagine spending 100K to have your kids turned against everything you ever taught them.

I flat out told my kids there were only certain degrees from certain schools we'd pay for. Told them early on to set the expectation and it never became an argument later.

Never let your kids get trash degrees from trash school. Bad investment for every possible reason.
ttu_85
MouthBQ98 said:

I will say this: everyone here is underestimating the left. There are already embedded leftist activists or supporters in various institutions that would give a useless adult child like this hiring preference purely on common ideological grounds. They want to employ fellow travelers, and give them access and resources and opportunities to continue to subvert institutions to leftist causes..
Agreed !!! Then as parents avoid the various institutions and programs that this filth hides in.
MouthBQ98
AG
Unfortunately much of the education system, most corporate legal and HR, and many government bureaucracies at every level. They are significant or even dominant in many of these institutions and are happy to use tax dollars or investor dollars, (public and private wealth of others) to recruit and enable fresh coverts to do more part time activism.
Muy
AG
Her future self

EclipseAg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Unfortunately much of the education system, most corporate legal and HR, and many government bureaucracies at every level.
And the C suite is either too lazy or too scared to override these folks.

As my friend always says, "I liked work a lot more when we focused on making money."
LMCane
Ag87H2O
AG
Muy said:

She won't have a degree

The scary thing is that short of these protests, she would have a degree. Unfortunately, thousands and thousands across America that think just like her will have them in the next couple of weeks.

This country is in deep, deep do-do if we keep churning out idiots like this and giving them legitimacy.
BBRex
AG
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

BTHOB-98 said:

Hey, now that's hitting close to home.

And, except for telling some of her family to cancel airline tickets and hotels, what real consequences is she facing? She said her classes are taken care of. She's going to get her degree. She only misses the ceremony itself. Which I get is a big deal for someone denied the chance to walk during high school, too. But it isn't like she has to transfer somewhere else to finish her degree, or even come back next fall or take summer school.
IslanderAg04
apparently nobody ever taught her about personal hygiene . Woof.
ttu_85
MouthBQ98 said:

Unfortunately much of the education system, most corporate legal and HR, and many government bureaucracies at every level. They are significant or even dominant in many of these institutions and are happy to use tax dollars or investor dollars, (public and private wealth of others) to recruit and enable fresh coverts to do more part time activism.
I had more of an entrepreneurial based education and career emphasis and saw this junk only sparingly and with the options to avoid much of it.

Even today, trade/technical schools combined with business education is an excellent option these days for those that dont want to play this game.

Most of these universities these days are nothing but expensive, low return on RIO indoctrination centers.
annie88
AG

NEW: Columbia Law students are demanding that the school cancel finals and pass all students because they are so traumatized from NYPD "violence" they witnessed last week.

LMAO.

The sensitive and "shaken" students say they're so upset by police in riot gear that they can't take finals.

"The violence we witnessed last night has irrevocably shaken many of us on the Review," the editors of the Columbia Law Review wrote.

"We know this to be the same for a majority of our classmates."

"Videos have circulated of police clad in riot gear mocking and brutalizing our students. The events of last night left us, and many of our peers, unable to focus and highly emotional during this tumultuous time."

"We believe that canceling exams would be a proportionate response to the level of distress our peers have been feeling."
Muy
AG
annie88 said:

And there is the truth. They don't give a crap about Palestinians, they were coached by professional protestors on how to do this, and ultimately knew they'd demand no finals and passing all classes.

If Columbia caters on that, I hope that school has massive financial pain from donors.
BadMoonRisin
AG
annie88 said:

I hate to be right again but....

Quote:

it's also just before finals week.

Im going to guess their list of demands is going to grow by 1 in the next few days and emails of them attempting to convince professors that this cause is way more important than exams and they should just get an A, and calling them racists/Zionists if they refuse to put up with their bull*****
annie88
AG
I just started watching Reindeer yesterday.

Holy moly. Weird but fascinating.

And then it gets even more weird and fascinating all the while you're like, do I really want to keep watching?

yes, I guess I do.

The woman in the role is frightening, good actress but loon toons character.
Muy
AG
Just be mentally prepared (with fast forward button ready) for episode 4.
annie88
AG
Muy said:

Yikes. It's already pretty freaking weird and uncomfortable.
aggiedata
AG
Muy
AG
annie88 said:

Muy said:

Yikes. It's already pretty freaking weird and uncomfortable.

It pales to episode 4
LMCane
gkaggie08 said:

Her speaking ability is like nails to a chalkboard. When every other word is um or like, I can't take you seriously and have serious doubts about your mental faculties
only the best and brightest go to Arizona State University!
jja79
AG
ASU and Texas A&M are two of about thirty public universities that are AAU members.
jickyjack1
Sharpshooter said:

jickyjack1 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence.

This sentiment, imo, requires inspection.

Other than in situations such as those represented by the well-known "fire in the theater" analogy, incitement to riot or to cause serious mayhem and/or in other fixed, known situations capable of specification by observers more knowledgeable than your humble servant, Freedom of Speech means exactly "freedom from consequence". While one abhors the nefarious usages to which the First Amendment has for years been turned and utilized by elements subversive to established American tradition, extreme care must be taken in the application of consequences for it's use. This is one of many fine lines these divisive and subversive forces continue to force traditional institutions to walk, with the goal that, through the choreographed convergence of disparate but serious -- many, such as the one under discussion, crucial -- questions, confusion and chaos may be promulgated with more disruptive, followed in ordered succession by destructive, steps to follow. Deft navigation of these intentionally and continually placed obstacles requires sober, concentrated attention in gauging the effect of and directing the response (so long as defensive measures are effective) to these elements. The goal, which is not a consideration to these forces so far as THEIR actions are concerned, is to stay within the Constitution. Difficult days are ahead.
Dumb as F AI.

A little difficult for you?
American Hardwood
AG
What these students did was not "speech" that gets 1A protection. You don't get to disrupt society, occupy building, cause destruction and mayhem and get away calling it freedom of speech.
jickyjack1
Agreed. I was replying to a post that did reference "freedom of speech", however, whether that term describes precisely what was transpiring in the subject instance or not. If a correction of attitude has to take place down the road, the recipients should be allowed to understand particularly under which heading or headings their transgressions fall (transgression "falls" if only one) and the reason or reasons they must be addressed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.