Desantis to be Trump's VP?

20,574 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by dreyOO
Four Seasons Landscaping
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The mental gymnastics you guys have to go through to make believe Trump had Desantis picked as VP when he was talking **** about him in January are downright impressive.
ttu_85
Muy said:

ttu_85 said:

Rip*91 said:

ttu_85 said:

Phatbob said:

Quote:

The biden campaign thanks you for your support

Remember you are dealing with children or the low end of the rights IQ spectrum.

I'm a child with a low IQ??? You went to ****ing ttu!!! Your arrogance is outstanding!
I did. It was a wonderful experience. Are you okay you seem really angry.

Such great memories you are on an Aggie message board. Admit it, deep down you want to be an Aggie.
Hahaha. Well, when my Kid went to TAMU and I got to know the place,I thought, "wow, despite the aggie jokes and propaganda, they are just like us-- conservative old school Texas." Glad I sent my kid here. That was before all the woke crap.

Some good people went to this school and mine.
Science Denier
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

The mental gymnastics you guys have to go through to make believe Trump had Desantis picked as VP when he was talking **** about him in January are downright impressive.
January 15 - Iowa Caucus
Jan 21 - DeSantis endorses Trump
Jan 23 - New Hampshire Primary

Show me the "**** talking" Trump was directing towards DeSantis. I mean, that is your "proof" that Trump is a liar. LMAO.

To be clear, I never said he had DeSantis picked as his VP. This was some TDS derived narrative that somehow shows Trump is a liar. All I asked is "how do you know?".
LOL OLD
agracer
AG
bobbranco said:

aggie93 said:

Muy said:

Ah, so amid the chaos surrounding the world panicking over Covid, it would have gone well if he fired Fauci and anyone from the medical community trying to convince him of the appropriate steps to deal with it? Or maybe take away states rights and bring in the national guard to force states to keep all businesses open?

What should he have done at that time, not knowing how much bs the whole thing was?
He didn't have to fire Fauci, he just didn't need to put him out front. He had other folks he could have gone with that were giving alternative opinions. Or he could have done like DeSantis did and went and found his own with Lapado. Fauci said nice things about him though and that was all it took for Trump to give him the keys to the country.

I can forgive Trump for being naive and a fool but I'm not going to pretend like he wasn't. Maybe Covid (or more accurately the Covid response) was no big deal to you but it sure as hell had a MASSIVE impact on me and my family. I actually feel far worse for what my kids lost than anything I did, though I worked as hard as possible to keep their lives normal. So many kids are a complete disaster now though, the damage caused by the Covid response is scary to even calculate.

On top of all of that Trump went along with Fauci and was a coward and still lost anyway. Hell the relief bill actually funded the mail in voting that inevitably cost him the election.

Or are we just not supposed to talk about facts?
Trump did not lose the election due to Covid. He was being crucified in the press for many other things. Sad that so many continue to fall for the propaganda and cannot think for themselves. Truly amazing that so many "Republicans" fall for the lies and willingly create discord. I believe Covid did not hurt him. The cries of racism, mean tweets, abortion, the mail-in ballots and the emotionally weak Jeb Bush drones reinforced by the Democrat fourth estate among many other factors hurt Trump.
Uhm....did you read that before you posted it? Mich, WI, Penn and Az violated their own elections laws, and constitutions. for mail in voting. Without Covid, the mail ins don't' happen.
Tex117
AG
Thats a tricky call for DeSantis.
bobbranco
AG
agracer said:

bobbranco said:

aggie93 said:

Muy said:

Ah, so amid the chaos surrounding the world panicking over Covid, it would have gone well if he fired Fauci and anyone from the medical community trying to convince him of the appropriate steps to deal with it? Or maybe take away states rights and bring in the national guard to force states to keep all businesses open?

What should he have done at that time, not knowing how much bs the whole thing was?
He didn't have to fire Fauci, he just didn't need to put him out front. He had other folks he could have gone with that were giving alternative opinions. Or he could have done like DeSantis did and went and found his own with Lapado. Fauci said nice things about him though and that was all it took for Trump to give him the keys to the country.

I can forgive Trump for being naive and a fool but I'm not going to pretend like he wasn't. Maybe Covid (or more accurately the Covid response) was no big deal to you but it sure as hell had a MASSIVE impact on me and my family. I actually feel far worse for what my kids lost than anything I did, though I worked as hard as possible to keep their lives normal. So many kids are a complete disaster now though, the damage caused by the Covid response is scary to even calculate.

On top of all of that Trump went along with Fauci and was a coward and still lost anyway. Hell the relief bill actually funded the mail in voting that inevitably cost him the election.

Or are we just not supposed to talk about facts?
Trump did not lose the election due to Covid. He was being crucified in the press for many other things. Sad that so many continue to fall for the propaganda and cannot think for themselves. Truly amazing that so many "Republicans" fall for the lies and willingly create discord. I believe Covid did not hurt him. The cries of racism, mean tweets, abortion, the mail-in ballots and the emotionally weak Jeb Bush drones reinforced by the Democrat fourth estate among many other factors hurt Trump.
Uhm....did you read that before you posted it? Mich, WI, Penn and Az violated their own elections laws, and constitutions. for mail in voting. Without Covid, the mail ins don't' happen.
The corrupt fourth estate and weak minded electorate caused the Trump loss.
aggie93
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

Actually all the Establishment folks ended up backing Trump.
Well, sort of.

They did start to support DeSantis, but then he showed his was at a kindergarten level when it came to campaigning at a national level. So, once he started his campaign, it was obvious that he was nowhere near ready for a national campaign.

Many actually supported Haley, but that was a total lost cause.

Yea, some of the establishment ultimately started to support Trump, but they hate both him and his supporters. They don't like the fact that the old way of crawling in the corner every time the media brings out the stick no longer works. Trump showed a vast number of people that you can still win elections if you show a backbone.
His first Endorsement in the Senate was Lindsey Graham. Ronna Romney was his choice for RNC. He backed Mcarthy for Speaker. Should I go on? Trump IS the Establishment in the GOP, it amazes me how folks are blind to that.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
safety guy
AG
DeSantis would be great. He would stay on point and clearly state why almost no one should vote for Biden. He would not get distracted by frivolous items that trump gets distracted by. Would be the best successor but in reality should be the guy.

As far as what was said in the campaign, remember that George Bush said that Reagan's economic plan was voodoo economics.
aggie93
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

Actually Trump didn't go scorched earth on Jeb, he didn't need to.
I think you are getting Jeb and DeSantis mixed up.

Trump attacked Bush, for months. Especially in debates. That's where he totally destroyed Bush. Trump focused months solely on Bush. Started attacking the first day after coming down the elevator, continued thru the debates, and stop until South Carolina was over. Total and thorough destruction.

Trump didn't need to do that with DeSantis. Once that campaign started and DeSantis started dropping like a rock, DeSantis had already taken himself out of the campaign.

By the time the debates started, DeSantis' campaign had already eliminated him from consideration. Trump didn't need to even attend the debates.
Trump started attacking DeSantis about a week before the election in '22 when he saw that Florida was going to have a monster Red Wave and he saw DeSantis as a threat. I mean I get it and it worked but saying Trump "Didn't need to do that" to DeSantis is next level revisionism. All Trump did was attack DeSantis for 6 months and he basically ignored everyone else in the race.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Would be a bonehead move by DeSantis.
If DeSantis isn't VP, he's either on his way to congress or he's on his way to obscurity. He might have one more failed presidential run in him. But if he's VP, he'll have much more credibility with the rest of the country.

As of now there is no successor to Trump and it's a fresh game in '28. If you think Trump having Vivek or Abbott as his VP clears the field I couldn't disagree more.

DeSantis has an insane record and work ethic. He has a solid base of support. Not saying he is the presumptive nominee but he's the likely front runner.
Judging by his performance during the campaign season you really think the rest of the country sees it that way?
K. So who else is the Frontrunner for '28? Haley? She has zero chance as 70% of the Party hates her. Vivek? He may make a run and if he is VP under Trump that would certainly help him but as of now I don't see how he is a Frontrunner in any way. Who else, Abbott? Don Jr? lol.

Trump's VP will run most likely of course but as I said the Trump magic doesn't transfer and we have seen that over and over. Sure, some hardcore MAGA folks will follow whatever Trump says but that's not the main Trump support and there is a large contingent that is ready for the next chapter.

So who is the Frontrunner if it isn't DeSantis?

Depends on who Trump's VP is, assuming the VP does a better job than Pence.
So you don't have a name then and even by saying it is "VP to be names" you have to put conditions on it. Like I said DeSantis is the "likely Frontrunner". He was the 2nd Choice in virtually all polling. He can fundraise and organize extremely well. He's a top notch debater. He has a list of conservative W's so long it bores people to hear them. He also has very low negatives and few people, esp in the GOP, hate him. He can also keep kicking ass in Florida for the next 2 years and has become adept at getting publicity. If Trump loses? I honestly don't know who beats him.

Doesn't mean he will be the nominee or win but I don't see anyone else out there with that much going for them. I agree if Trump appoints a strong VP who does great they will certainly be a solid candidate. Just have no idea who that is or if that happens. Thus DeSantis is "The likely Frontrunner"
You'll get no argument from me that DeSantis is the better choice. We know that. What I don't get is how you could have paid attention to his campaign and still say it's a given that he will be the front runner.

And yes, of course after I said that being VP would bolster DeSantis's, I'm putting conditions on who the VP is.
Ok, so who is the frontrunner in '28 not named DeSantis then? "Trump's VP" is not a real answer. Give me a name.

As for DeSantis' campaign I think you are paying attention to the wrong things. The key when you lose is not to burn bridges and to keep high favorables. DeSantis did that. He never had a "moment" that killed him or hangs around his neck. He just lost to Trump and wisely endorsed him afterward. Virtually no one in the GOP hates him and a LOT of people love him. So who is the Frontrunner besides him as of now? Still waiting.

Ronald Reagan
TxAggieBand85
AG
Prosperdick said:

Kamala - DeSantis debate...OMG talk about a blood bath.

I speculate there will be no debates.
Science Denier
AG
aggie93 said:

Science Denier said:

Quote:

Actually Trump didn't go scorched earth on Jeb, he didn't need to.
I think you are getting Jeb and DeSantis mixed up.

Trump attacked Bush, for months. Especially in debates. That's where he totally destroyed Bush. Trump focused months solely on Bush. Started attacking the first day after coming down the elevator, continued thru the debates, and stop until South Carolina was over. Total and thorough destruction.

Trump didn't need to do that with DeSantis. Once that campaign started and DeSantis started dropping like a rock, DeSantis had already taken himself out of the campaign.

By the time the debates started, DeSantis' campaign had already eliminated him from consideration. Trump didn't need to even attend the debates.
Trump started attacking DeSantis about a week before the election in '22 when he saw that Florida was going to have a monster Red Wave and he saw DeSantis as a threat. I mean I get it and it worked but saying Trump "Didn't need to do that" to DeSantis is next level revisionism. All Trump did was attack DeSantis for 6 months and he basically ignored everyone else in the race.
I didn't say he didn't run a campaign. Of course when running a campaign you attack your opponent. But it wasn't nearly as hard nor nearly as long as his attacks on Jeb.
LOL OLD
Im Gipper
Looney Garbage Loomer has weighed in:

I'm Gipper
Old McDonald
Science Denier said:

Show me the "**** talking" Trump was directing towards DeSantis. I mean, that is your "proof" that Trump is a liar. LMAO.
are you trying to say trump never **** talked desantis? have you been living under a rock this election cycle?
bobbranco
AG
Old McDonald said:

Science Denier said:

are you trying to say trump never **** talked desantis? have you been living under a rock this election cycle?
You are going to vote for Biden or RFK. Nice trolling.
jrdaustin
AG
safety guy said:

DeSantis would be great. He would stay on point and clearly state why almost no one should vote for Biden. He would not get distracted by frivolous items that trump gets distracted by. Would be the best successor but in reality should be the guy.

As far as what was said in the campaign, remember that George Bush said that Reagan's economic plan was voodoo economics.
Now look at from DeSantis's point of view.

He expects to run in 2028. If he is Trump's VP, he is obligated to support the administration and Trump in every action taken. If Trump were to completely go off the rails (unlikely, but entirely possible), DeSantis would find himself in a very difficult position in needing to oppose the administration for his own viability, but having to support the administration, killing his own viability.

His best play is to support Trump, but maintain his distance from the administration, so he can support - or crticize - Trump's decisions and actions with no strings attached.
jrdaustin
AG
Im Gipper said:

Looney Garbage Loomer has weighed in:

There's some trash that needs dumping, for sure.

But her name isn't DeSantis.
Im Gipper
Quote:

His best play is to support Trump, but maintain his distance from the administration, so he can support - or crticize - Trump's decisions and actions with no strings attached.

100%

It will not be his fault, but I don't expect anything to get done in this next Trump administration. His VP will not be in a good spot come 2028.

I'm Gipper
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I think Ron DeSantis would be great VP nominee because he would stay focused on the key issues to win votes from undecided independents. Also, I think he would be an excellent successor for 2028. Better yet, DeSantis could have been an excellent nominee because he is much more electable than Donald Trump.
one safe place
aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

DeSantis is an alpha dog. He's not going to be anybody's VP.
Though I wish DeSantis had crushed Trump and gotten the nomination, he wasn't an alpha dog in the primaries, more of a lap chihuahua.

Nah, he hit hard and often in the primaries. He made Newsom into a joke. He destroyed Haley in the last debate. There was just no way to break through against Trump, especially with the media and RNC completely in the tank.

If you can give me a realistic example of how he could have beaten Trump though I'm all ears.
Well, he wasn't running against Newsom. As far as hard and often, I guess I missed his delegate totals somehow. The media is in the tank for biden, not Trump. DeSantis's campaign was ineffective, that isn't Trump's fault.
I can think of so many times during the campaign where DeSantis absolutely hit something out of the park and the media either ignored it or downplayed it. When they talked about him they always started off with polling numbers and Trump. This was after giving Trump 10x the coverage. Even the Hurricane was memory holed in a flash. They let Trump get away with not doing hard interviews and not debating, hell they praised him for it and called him smart.

I didn't say that was "Trump's fault" it just was what it was. I also noticed you didn't have any response to giving an example of how DeSantis could have beaten Trump. The only way it was going to happen was for Trump to self implode.

DeSantis didn't run a perfect campaign but he ran a solid one. In the end he just never got a real shot, so be it. He's a young guy and has a lot of career left in him. Trump does not.
He couldn't beat Trump because he got no traction. Not many voted for him. It would be one thing if it had been 51% Trump and 49% DeSantis but DeSantis was the fat shot putter running in the 100 meters. Way back at around the 10 when his opponent crossed the finish line. He didn't resonate. It was his job, and that of his campaign, to accomplish that and they failed.
J. Walter Weatherman
one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

Though I wish DeSantis had crushed Trump and gotten the nomination, he wasn't an alpha dog in the primaries, more of a lap chihuahua.

Nah, he hit hard and often in the primaries. He made Newsom into a joke. He destroyed Haley in the last debate. There was just no way to break through against Trump, especially with the media and RNC completely in the tank.

If you can give me a realistic example of how he could have beaten Trump though I'm all ears.
Well, he wasn't running against Newsom. As far as hard and often, I guess I missed his delegate totals somehow. The media is in the tank for biden, not Trump. DeSantis's campaign was ineffective, that isn't Trump's fault.
I can think of so many times during the campaign where DeSantis absolutely hit something out of the park and the media either ignored it or downplayed it. When they talked about him they always started off with polling numbers and Trump. This was after giving Trump 10x the coverage. Even the Hurricane was memory holed in a flash. They let Trump get away with not doing hard interviews and not debating, hell they praised him for it and called him smart.

I didn't say that was "Trump's fault" it just was what it was. I also noticed you didn't have any response to giving an example of how DeSantis could have beaten Trump. The only way it was going to happen was for Trump to self implode.

DeSantis didn't run a perfect campaign but he ran a solid one. In the end he just never got a real shot, so be it. He's a young guy and has a lot of career left in him. Trump does not.
He couldn't beat Trump because he got no traction. Not many voted for him. It would be one thing if it had been 51% Trump and 49% DeSantis but DeSantis was the fat shot putter running in the 100 meters. Way back at around the 10 when his opponent crossed the finish line. He didn't resonate. It was his job, and that of his campaign, to accomplish that and they failed.

He was never going to get traction once the establishment got behind Haley. Running against an incumbent with 100% name recognition and Haley splitting the non Trump vote it's a miracle he even got to 21% in Iowa. The only chance he ever had was a consolidated non Trump vote (which clearly there was an appetite for since half of Iowa caucus voters and almost half of New Hampshire primary voters picked someone else). He'll be back in 2028 to hopefully get Republicans back to running actual conservatives.
richardag
Phatbob said:

This is a perfect example of exactly how Trump is destroying conservatism in the Republican party.
Are you looking in a mirror?
FL_Ag1998
AG
one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

Ok, to stick with your analogy, if you're being intellectually honest then you'll admit Trump started the Primary race at the 80 meter marker while DeSantis had to start at the starting blocks. We can't pretend like Trump didn't start the Primary race with 1,000,000x more name recognition than DeSantis combined with the MAGA contingent who made up their minds in Nov 2020 to vote for Trump in 2024.
texagbeliever
The glorious tears when Trump and DeSantis team up to take back the white house and usher in MAGA policies are going to be so delicious. Especially those from our resident DeSantis fanboys who will have been kicking and screaming the whole way there.
TexAgs91
AG
aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

If DeSantis isn't VP, he's either on his way to congress or he's on his way to obscurity. He might have one more failed presidential run in him. But if he's VP, he'll have much more credibility with the rest of the country.

As of now there is no successor to Trump and it's a fresh game in '28. If you think Trump having Vivek or Abbott as his VP clears the field I couldn't disagree more.

DeSantis has an insane record and work ethic. He has a solid base of support. Not saying he is the presumptive nominee but he's the likely front runner.
Judging by his performance during the campaign season you really think the rest of the country sees it that way?
K. So who else is the Frontrunner for '28? Haley? She has zero chance as 70% of the Party hates her. Vivek? He may make a run and if he is VP under Trump that would certainly help him but as of now I don't see how he is a Frontrunner in any way. Who else, Abbott? Don Jr? lol.

Trump's VP will run most likely of course but as I said the Trump magic doesn't transfer and we have seen that over and over. Sure, some hardcore MAGA folks will follow whatever Trump says but that's not the main Trump support and there is a large contingent that is ready for the next chapter.

So you don't have a name then and even by saying it is "VP to be names" you have to put conditions on it. Like I said DeSantis is the "likely Frontrunner". He was the 2nd Choice in virtually all polling. He can fundraise and organize extremely well. He's a top notch debater. He has a list of conservative W's so long it bores people to hear them. He also has very low negatives and few people, esp in the GOP, hate him. He can also keep kicking ass in Florida for the next 2 years and has become adept at getting publicity. If Trump loses? I honestly don't know who beats him.

Doesn't mean he will be the nominee or win but I don't see anyone else out there with that much going for them. I agree if Trump appoints a strong VP who does great they will certainly be a solid candidate. Just have no idea who that is or if that happens. Thus DeSantis is "The likely Frontrunner"
You'll get no argument from me that DeSantis is the better choice. We know that. What I don't get is how you could have paid attention to his campaign and still say it's a given that he will be the front runner.

And yes, of course after I said that being VP would bolster DeSantis's, I'm putting conditions on who the VP is.
Ok, so who is the frontrunner in '28 not named DeSantis then? "Trump's VP" is not a real answer. Give me a name.

So you're saying that who the GOP nominee is in 2028 depends solely on what has happened up to this point and that the VP has no bearing on that?

That's your fantasy, not mine. I already gave you my answer.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
The Banned
one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

What could desantis have done to change your mind from Trump? Is there any reasonable stance he could have taken or action completed that would have won your vote?

Since the answer is probably no, take you and multiply that by 40-50% if the entire Republican primary voters. Take the other 50-60% and divide it by the other 12 contenders.

This is why Trump was such a fan of Scott and Vivek and others that entered. He knew it destroyed any chance DeSantis had
Phatbob
AG
richardag said:

Phatbob said:

This is a perfect example of exactly how Trump is destroying conservatism in the Republican party.
Amazing the support "So get on board or STFU" gets. There is no room to point out he is a big government liberal when the rubber hits the road. That is Trumpism, that is the cancer in the party.
texagbeliever
TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

So you're saying that who the GOP nominee is in 2028 depends solely on what has happened up to this point and that the VP has no bearing on that?

That's your fantasy, not mine. I already gave you my answer.
I am reminded of the batman quote: You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain.

In order for DeSantis to have a successful 2028 run, he needs to have the pressure off of him to keep one upping his conservative credentials. Being VP will do that for him. The reason that is important is because DeSantis needs to show a more moderate side without disappointing the very fickle hard core conservatives.
Science Denier
AG
Old McDonald said:

Science Denier said:

LOL, no.

If you READ, I've said the following:

1. The narrative was proposed as the following: "Since Trump said he picked his running mate, picking DeSantis means he a lair".
2. Saying that is some sort of gotcha is so stupid, it's clearly TDS affecting one's brain.
3. The PROOF was provided that Trump ****-talked DeSantis, so clearly it wasn't him.
4. My response is that not only is the narrative some dumbass gotcha attempt, but it seemd to me that Trump had quit ****-talking DeSantis way before that and I wanted proof that he was doing it in JANUARY, the month DeSantis endorsed Trump.
5. So, I asked for proof specifically of the ****-talking in January that was so bad it completely removed DeSantis from any consideration.

This is dumber than when the media went REEEEEEEE over Trump "asking Russia for help" when he joked about Hillary's emails.

Hope that helps.
LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG
SA68AG said:

Kraft Punk said:

SA68AG said:

Yea he was a total Alpha when he couldn't outduel Haley, much less Trump
Sounds like you've slept through his governorship or have been living under a rock.

You must have missed the debate with Newsome too.

I guess i missed his debate with Trump. Oh. I forgot Trump didn't have the balls to debate DeSantis.

Hopefully Trump will have a chance to debate Biden and do better than he did 4 years ago.
DeSantis ran such a horrible campaign, he took himself out of the race so badly, there was no debate required. it's much easier to win a small, local election than a national election. Political Science departments will have tons of "study material" after the failure of the DeSantis campaign.

Dude will have to make huge strides to get up to Kindergarten level campaign effectiveness, much less win anything at a national level.

He was so bad, he turned all the TDS folks to Haley. That takes some serious failure.
LOL OLD
Muy
AG
Phatbob said:

richardag said:

Phatbob said:

Amazing the support "So get on board or STFU" gets. There is no room to point out he is a big government liberal when the rubber hits the road. That is Trumpism, that is the cancer in the party.

You seem like an attention whoere who is too stubborn to realize which candidate you are helping.
Ag with kids
AG
Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

Another thing left out is that DeSantis wasn't running against a candidate whose name was Donald Trump. He was running against Former POTUS Donald Trump. Trump already had a built in base, 100% name recognition in the GOP, as well as a bunch of other head starts.

It was ALWAYS going to be hard to climb up the hill to break even with him.
But his campaign was so bad, he actually lost ground once he started speaking. He came in with much of the establishment endorsing him and received tons off dollars. But, then his campaign started up, and it was a disaster.

Dude benefitted from Trump's endorsement. He could do much worse than sticking by him for 4 years, and then being the next guy up. He may learn a thing or two about actually campaigning on a national level.
That's revisionist crap.

Again...he was running against a Former POTUS.

Ask Reagan how easy it is to run against someone who essentially the incumbent (1976)...

As long as Trump wanted to be POTUS 47, no one was going to gain traction. Which is why DeSantis was stuck in neutral, which then caused support to start to look around.

And being Trump's VP would be horribad for DeSantis. At some point, Trump would get annoyed by him and he'd get tossed under the bus where his hardcore MAGA supporters will NEVER forgive him.
Phatbob
AG
Muy said:

Phatbob said:

richardag said:

Phatbob said:

You seem like an attention whoere who is too stubborn to realize which candidate you are helping.
More Trump apologists stacking up the examples - just can't help themselves.
Ag with kids
AG
Rip*91 said:

ttu_85 said:

Rip*91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Muy said:

Yes. He should have fired Fauci, and others. Desantis fired his SG when he wouldn't stop with the idiocy. That's what a leader does. Especially one that claims, like Trump does, to be an outsider and a fighter. Instead, he *****ed out and let unelected morons run the show. As was usual during his Presidency, he lacked leadership skill, and got gaped by the left. Add to that his insane spending and here we are, along with the next liberal...Biden....turning it to 11.

And now we're stuck choosing between a liberal 80 yr old showing signs of mental decline and Biden (an 80 yr old progressive vegetable). America is ****ed.

The biden campaign thanks you for your support.
Where has he supported Biden ?

With pretty much every post. Same as you.
I know this may be difficult for you to understand, but it is actually possible to not support Trump AND hate Biden.

Because if you think ttu85 is a Biden supporter, you're pretty wrong. And if you thing BigROB is a Biden supporter, then you're crazy.

BTW, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to show us ONE SINGLE POST where BigRob has supported Biden.
Ag with kids
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

This is fake news.

Trump said back in January he already knew who his VP pick is and he was feuding heavily with Desantis at the time.

Y'all are calling Trump a liar if you belive this.
Trump is never a liar to MAGA. Whatever he says at any given time is the absolute truth, regardless of anything he has said before. You just didn't understand it then.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.