Desantis to be Trump's VP?

20,625 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by dreyOO
Bob Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This would make me happy.
IDaggie06
AG
PA24 said:

My third choice:, not going to energize the party
Abbott
Paul

Abbott? lol no freaking way
MemphisAg1
AG
DeSantis as Trump's Attorney General would be the best move.

You don't waste someone with his talent on the VP slot.

He would ruthlessly enforce existing law (immigration, law & order, etc).

Dem's worst nightmare.

He could still run for Prez 4 years later.
coupland boy
AG
I hope Trump doesn't taint DeSantis.

And I'll vote for the man. I'm just saying everyone seems to run afoul of the man at some point and then they are done.
Im Gipper
I do not think Desantis will be VP pick

I'm Gipper
Gigem314
AG
Prosperdick said:

Kamala - DeSantis debate...OMG talk about a blood bath.
I would PAY to watch Ron shoot eye lasers at that dumbass. He wouldn't roll over like Pence did.
PA24
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Dem's worst nightmare.

It's a matter of Trust, Trump was betrayed by A.G. Jeff Sessions in his first term.

I think the meeting was good but doubt Ron will be a player in his administration.
jrdaustin
AG
Prosperdick said:

Kamala - DeSantis debate...OMG talk about a blood bath.
Excuse me! I'm speaking!
TRM
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

The woman quietly running the Trump campaign in the background is very skilled and she's a former Desantis advisor.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/26/susie-wiles-trump-desantis-profile-00149654
There's bad blood between Wiles and DeSantis in 2019 and after the primary it hasn't improved.
eric76
AG
PA24 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Dem's worst nightmare.

It's a matter of Trust, Trump was betrayed by A.G. Jeff Sessions in his first term.

I think the meeting was good but doubt Ron will be a player in his administration.
As a matter of Trust, Trump has betrayed just about everyone in his first administration who had exceptional talent.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
TRM
AG
There was buzz about Burgum earlier today.
peacedude
AG
If *I* were Trump, it's me and Ron, and I'm going to quit after 2.5 years and let him have around 10 years to fix this debacle of a country.
c-jags
Constitutional Law scholars can correct me on this, but if the POTUS and the VP are from the same state, that state's electoral votes can't be cast correct?

https://www.history.com/news/can-the-president-and-vice-president-be-from-the-same-state

Trump isn't winning without Florida.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
peacedude said:

If *I* were Trump, it's me and Ron, and I'm going to quit after 2.5 years and let him have around 10 years to fix this debacle of a country.
My dream scenario from day 1. Let Trump continue to absorb the political hits and when the country wakes up, let DeSantis have 8 years to implement some far reaching policy.
dreyOO
We need factions to unite. So I damn sure hope Trump taps him as VP.

But of course, there are still folks that will bemoan the most obvious and beneficial alliance on the right happening.
GAC06
AG
peacedude said:

That would require Trump to care about something other than himself
Im Gipper
c-jags said:

Constitutional Law scholars can correct me on this, but if the POTUS and the VP are from the same state, that state's electoral votes can't be cast correct?

https://www.history.com/news/can-the-president-and-vice-president-be-from-the-same-state

Wrong!

Florida electors can all vote Trump as VP, vote (for example) George Strait as VP

I'm Gipper
jjtrcka22
Would be best for both. A GOP unity ticket would definitely help trump.

And this would also help make desantis the front runner for 2028 GOP nominee. It'll suck for him at first, because alot of short-sighted people will say he bent the knee. But it would be best for the country. I'd like to think desantis would put what's best for the country first.
DevilD77
AG
Would be a great ticket. Let Ron tackle the domestic problems and Trump restore our prestige overseas.
C@LAg
God no. worst decision DeSantis could do to kill his future prospects.

let Trump sunk on his own and take down any and all idiot Republicans stupid enough to hitch onto his wagon.

DeSantis can be the future option against Biden or whomever completes his second term.

aggie93
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Dem's worst nightmare.

No way would DeSantis do that. Senate wouldn't approve him and if they did Trump could fire him on a whim when he does anything that hurts his feels. Only way he would be VP is to basically be Trump's COO that actually runs the government while Trump does whatever. Trump is old and there is no way he is up for the rigors of the Presidency. He is much better than Biden but that's actually making the point, the bar is so low for both of the ancients running for President.

DeSantis has the cards because he has the one thing Trump doesn't, time. He also can just keep racking up W's in Florida until January of '27 if he wants.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
How long until Trump ****s on Desantis as not being that talented or much of a leader?
C@LAg
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

How long until Trump ****s on Desantis as not being that talented or much of a leader?
it would occur before the first debate.
MemphisAg1
AG

Quote:

Senate wouldn't approve him
Don't agree with that

Quote:

and if they did Trump could fire him on a whim when he does anything that hurts his feels.
Absolutely agree with that, and in hindsight, is why that would be an awful role for him. In fact, he needs to stay clear of the Trump train. Don't want to be associated with all of Trump's baggage that will surely result if he can keep his mouth shut long enough to possibly slip past crooked Joe.
TRM
AG
There won't be a debate. Biden will duck them just like Trump did.
C@LAg
TRM said:

There won't be a debate. Biden will duck them just like Trump did.
i am willing to bet there would be a VP debate even if either./both of the geriatric geezers weaseled out.
aggie93
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Quote:

Don't agree with that

Quote:

and if they did Trump could fire him on a whim when he does anything that hurts his feels.
Absolutely agree with that, and in hindsight, is why that would be an awful role for him. In fact, he needs to stay clear of the Trump train. Don't want to be associated with all of Trump's baggage that will surely result if he can keep his mouth shut long enough to possibly slip past crooked Joe.
No way to know but damn it would be tempting for Dems. If they can shoot down DeSantis in the Senate it will be devastating for him as a national figure politically. Why would DeSantis risk that? Dems don't play fair or nice and the media would be thrilled to help them. At best he will get damaged in the process and of course he will be at Trump's whim. Even if he gets through all of that he will have limited power as AG.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Infection_Ag11
AG
Wouldn't be a very savvy political move from Desantis, but it would be worth it just for the VP debates alone. Desantis vs Kamala Harris would be amazing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
peacedude
AG
What's all the "baggage" that hasn't been completely made up by the feds and MSM?

Any crimes committed? Any completely hateful ex-wives?

No?
eric76
AG
Im Gipper said:

c-jags said:

Wrong!

Florida electors can all vote Trump as VP, vote (for example) George Strait as VP
We could end up with a Trump - Harris administration?
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
Trump supporter but behind Desantis in primary.

Since that ship has sailed, won't believe this until it happens (and sticks). AG is best fit and direct impact, but can't fire the VP as easily…long way off, but could set Big D up for 2028.
MemphisAg1
AG
aggie93 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Quote:

Don't agree with that

Quote:

No way to know but damn it would be tempting for Dems. If they can shoot down DeSantis in the Senate it will be devastating for him as a national figure politically. Why would DeSantis risk that? Dems don't play fair or nice and the media would be thrilled to help them. At best he will get damaged in the process and of course he will be at Trump's whim. Even if he gets through all of that he will have limited power as AG.
Extremely unlikely. First, if Trump is lucky enough to win he'll likely have an R Senate that will approve his nominations. Second, it would be a kiss of death for Dems to block a popular governor as an AG choice. Surely the R's could peel off a few to get it through.

But it's a moot point, because I agree with you it would be an awful role for DeSantis and he needs to stay away from it.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Prosperdick said:

Trump names DeSantis VP...the corrupt DOJ somehow twists one of the indictments against Trump so he's not able to run and they name Ron as the POTUS nominee at the RNC. Trump gives his full endorsement and Ron wins in a landslide and immediately pardons Trump.

Dream scenario.

But we all know what would really happen under that scenario- Trump would cling to the embattled nominee status, supported by loyalists in the GOP leadership and his army of sycophants. No way he would gracefully bow out.
sharpdressedman
Didn't take much to kick the RD anthill.
TRM
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.