tu is the first SEC school to join pro-Hamas protests

38,689 Views | 385 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by LMCane
TAMU1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
American Hardwood said:

Two points:

1. You can't pretend what happened in Austin happened in a vacuum. We, including Abbott, can all see what is going on at other campuses.

2. It is also a legitimate argument that these "protests" are not exercises in peaceful 1A free speech, but organized attempts to cause civil unrest, perhaps even open rioting. Organized, possibly by foreign hostile actors.

Organized and paid for by Soros too. NGOs are involved and our tax dollars are also funding it
Kvetch
AG
Nanomachines son said:

Actual Talking Thermos said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

The police response is clearly politically motivated. Greg Abbott just told us why he sent them.
I'm just in awe of how completely the mainline politicians on both sides of the aisle have decided to go with the line that anti-Israel or anti-Zionist sentiment, even when expressed by Jewish individuals, is per se vile anti-semitism and nothing more or less. To hear them tell it, this is basically just kristallnacht going on on campus.

Meanwhile the conservatives who have been hand-wringing and pearl-clutching for years about "free speech on campus" are hooting and hollering their approval.

Leftists are finding out now that you can't criticize anything Jews do or else you get a club to the head. Protest whites all you want and burn down half the city and politicians won't care but protest Israel? Well it's to prison for you.

And the thing is I think all of these protestors are idiots and I despise all of them, but it's very obvious why they are cracking down this hard and didn't do the same thing for the BLM protests.

Hmm, I wonder what could've happened throughout history that would make people sensitive to threats against the only Jewish state in the world…But it's probably that a cabal of Jews control the narrative and quash any and all criticisms of the Jews. I bet you're on to something there. Definitely not the overt support of terrorists that openly state their goal to exterminate the state of Israel as well all Jews that has people calling out antisemitism.

You keep showing up with your hate of the Jews and making a fool of yourself. I would stop while you're behind.
TAMU1990
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

A&M had their protest first actually, but it was put on by the YDSA chapter, who are an extremely small group, and went on per A&M guidelines and started and ended without incident or anyone giving a crap.

Because the group that would be interested in this cause at A&M is much smaller than at tu, it just didn't get noticed at all.

Screams look at me by Alvard. We have to try again. These kids wouldn't last 10 minutes in Palestine. No Uber, internet, Starbucks, chipotle or government student loans. They would be killed on the spot or raped/killed and violated even in death while Palestinians scream Aloha snack bar.
Build It
AG
Any group celebrating Nazi's is not welcome at my University.

These kids need to be sent home today. Protesting in support of hate speech is not allowed. What do you think would happen if we showed up calling for the death and rape of Mexicans?
Gigem314
AG
shiftyandquick said:

I wonder what F16's reaction to Kent State would have been back in the day. Probably cheers.
People like you would have been cheering on Jane Fonda cozying up to the Viet-Cong and their massacres of people because you hated Nixon and Republicans so much.
Harry Stone
AG
shiftyandquick said:

I wonder what F16's reaction to Kent State would have been back in the day. Probably cheers.

Youve got serious issues
TAMU1990
AG

AGinHI
AG
How did we get here as Americans?

Where support Palestine is support barbaric, murderous terrorists who we decry receiving their comeuppance.

How about, at every rally wheel in huge movie screens and play the atrocities (Palestinian supported) Hamas committed for their enjoyment?
laavispa
I take it the sponsorship of this event fully subscribe to the Hamas Covenant of 1988.

One of the tenants contained in the Role of Women

Article Eighteen:
Woman in the home of the fighting family, whether she is a mother or a sister, plays the most important role in looking after the family, rearing the children and embuing them with moral values and thoughts derived from Islam. She has to teach them to perform the religious duties in preparation for the role of fighting awaiting them. That is why it is necessary to pay great attention to schools and the curriculum followed in educating Moslem girls, so that they would grow up to be good mothers, aware of their role in the battle of liberation.

She has to be of sufficient knowledge and understanding where the performance of housekeeping matters are concerned, because economy and avoidance of waste of the family budget, is one of the requirements for the ability to continue moving forward in the difficult conditions surrounding us. She should put before her eyes the fact that the money available to her is just like blood which should never flow except through the veins so that both children and grown-ups could continue to live.

For a full reading: https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp
aTm2004
AG
bubblesthechimp said:

we are ok with press getting arrested and police being called out to quell protest because the governor doesn't like the content of what the protesters are saying

this first amendment thing is going super swell

He got arrested because he shoved his camera into the back of an officer. Multiple camera angles confirm this.

fixer
Free speech is great.

Hamas supporters and Palestine wish-casters have the most twisted and deranged thinking of all the oppression olympics players.

I've never understood the Jew hate. I don't see anything redeeming at all about their rhetoric. It is just hyperbolic hate on a level I can't comprehend. They sound worse than Nazi Germany propaganda.

Still though...let them chant "death to Israel" and all the other ugly nostrums like "from the river to the sea."

But when the same people are taking direct action, physically, to impede, harm, or even menace, others, then there is now a personal impact that strongly resembles a disparity of force situation that requires a set of solutions that take primacy over everything else.
bobbranco
AG
laavispa said:

She has to be of sufficient knowledge and understanding where the performance of housekeeping matters are concerned, because economy and avoidance of waste of the family budget,
The unwritten part is they must cull the goat population to reduce VD.
laavispa
Quote:

Hamas supporters and Palestine wish-casters have the most twisted and deranged thinking of all the oppression olympics players.
"I think the goal is just showing our support for Palestine and demanding that NYU stops I honestly don't know all of what NYU is doing,"

The protester then turns to another protester and asks if she knew why they were there.

"I really don't know. I'm pretty sure they are do you know what NYU is doing?" she asks.

The second protester also admits she doesn't know why they're protesting at NYU.

"I wish I was more educated," she confesses.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/watch-anti-israel-protester-admits-doesnt-know-why-nyu-protest

To call this twisted or deranged may be too kind.
e=mc2
AG
bubblesthechimp said:

e=mc2 said:

bubblesthechimp said:

we are ok with press getting arrested and police being called out to quell protest because the governor doesn't like the content of what the protesters are saying

this first amendment thing is going super swell

Biden voter who supports terrorism against Americans.

Anti free speecher who wants daddy government to tread harder as long as they're wearing the right shoes
Nope. I'm anti-terrorism. You support terrorism. You support Hamas.
usmcbrooks
shiftyandquick said:

Rapier108
Add Ohio State to the list. Arrests have already been made and the police already have the riot gear out and ready.

Students set up pre-sunrise encampment on OSU campus (myfox28columbus.com)
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
IndividualFreedom
On the live feed, what is the deal with those people wearing masks?
Actual Talking Thermos
IndividualFreedom said:

Don't want to get identified/doxxed.
bobbranco
AG
Actual Talking Thermos said:

IndividualFreedom said:

Don't want to get identified/doxxed.
Cowardice is the reason for hiding their face.
usmcbrooks
IndividualFreedom said:

Cowards.
Spotted Ag
AG
Stop acting like these *******s are having their rights trampled on. They aren't peacefully protesting. They are actively disrupting day to day operations at publically funded school. As has been stated over and over, if they were out there in white hoods and preaching hate it would have been over before it got started. These are, currently, organized riots. They will eventually, if allowed to fester, turn into unorganized riots and chaos that includes hurting people and damaging/destroying property.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
InfantryAg
AG
fixer said:

Free speech is great.

I've never understood the Jew hate. I don't see anything redeeming at all about their rhetoric. It is just hyperbolic hate on a level I can't comprehend. They sound worse than Nazi Germany propaganda.

Still though...let them chant "death to Israel" and all the other ugly nostrums like "from the river to the sea."

But when the same people are taking direct action, physically, to impede, harm, or even menace, others, then there is now a personal impact that strongly resembles a disparity of force situation that requires a set of solutions that take primacy over everything else.
As someone who was in law enforcement for years in DC, this is correct.

I didn't agree with 90%+ of what protesters were saying, but always respected and even celebrated their right to PEACEFULLY protest.
StandUpforAmerica
InfantryAg said:

fixer said:

Free speech is great.

I didn't agree with 90%+ of what protesters were saying, but always respected and even celebrated their right to PEACEFULLY protest.
I think the difference is that the state & school have an obligation to protect their Jewish student population.
TX04Aggie
AG
Is it me though, that it is still pretty easy to identify people even with a mask on…. I dont think this hides their identity as much as they think it does…
Isosceles_Kramer
How long until the swastika is the democratic symbol? Palestinians have been flying it for years against Israel, so I presume these protesters will follow protocols and just go ahead full circle to their roots.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinians-fly-nazi-flag-near-hebron-idf-soldiers-shoot-it-down/
Kvetch
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

InfantryAg said:

fixer said:

Free speech is great.

I think the difference is that the state & school have an obligation to protect their Jewish student population.

We live in a country where people are arrested for peacefully protesting outside of abortion mills. The blanket "1st amendment" argument is so vapid. There are tons of restrictions on how and when you are able to "peacefully protest."

The only people defending the pro-Hamas crowd are antisemites and liberals who don't realize that they're supporting antisemites.
Bucketrunner
Fox 26 Houston had a mealy mouthed reporter from Austin on this morning bemoaning the mistreatment of the traitorous protestors and useless journalists.
StandUpforAmerica
Irish 2.0
Now you know why he's being recalled. Can Paxton indict them since it was on state property?
Tramp96
StandUpforAmerica said:

Soros funded I presume?
Irish 2.0
Very
aTm2004
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Fox 26 Houston had a mealy mouthed reporter from Austin on this morning bemoaning the mistreatment of the traitorous protestors and useless journalists.

Doesn't surprise me. They all believe they do no wrong and are more valued than they are.
Raiderjay
Thunderstruck xx
TAMU1990 said:

OK, so tu may not have officially been the first SEC school to join in on supporting terrorists, but they're definitely the first to make absolute fools of themselves/declare how out of touch they are.
milner79
StandUpforAmerica said:

Well, this is a stunning development ...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.