Will Trump lose Secret Service protection?

4,899 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Im Gipper
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Key Democrats revealed new legislation Friday that would strip former President Donald Trump of his Secret Service agents if he is convicted and sentenced to prison.
Rep. Bennie G. Thompson, the top Democrat on the House Homeland Security Committee, said it's about making sure Mr. Trump doesn't get special treatment for whatever crime he might be sentenced. He is worried that having to accommodate a Secret Service protective detail could lead to accommodations for a former president.

"It is regrettable that it has come to this, but this previously unthought-of scenario could become our reality," the Mississippi lawmaker said. "Therefore, it is necessary for us to be prepared and update the law so the American people can be assured that protective status does not translate into special treatment and that those who are sentenced to prison will indeed serve the time required of them."
Quote:

He named his bill the Denying Infinite Security and Government Resources Allocated toward Convicted and Extremely Dishonorable Former Protectees Act or the DISGRACED Former Protectees Act.
Under the law, former presidents such as Mr. Trump are given Secret Service protection.

For Mr. Trump, who is both a political candidate and a prosecuted citizen, that's creating new challenges for the agency.
Mr. Trump is standing trial in New York in a case accusing him of violating the law by paying hush money to an adult film actress during the 2016 campaign.
Quote:

Democrats who back the new bill said they believe the legislation is legal and constitutional. They dismissed ex post facto concerns, saying that legal doctrine barring changing the rules after the fact applies only in cases where the law is meant to be punitive.
He's confusing expost facto and bills of attainder but he's a Dem. Knowledge of law and the federal Constitution is always optional with them.

LINK
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh liberals. The TDS is strong but the hate for legalities is stronger.
PCC_80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

and Extremely Dishonorable Former Protectees Act or the DISGRACED Former Protectees Act.
This tells me that any and all Republican Presidents would lose all protection sooner or later. Dems will show no mercy.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Won't get out of the House unless the Kamikaze Republicans end up giving the Speakership to Hakeem Jeffries.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Political prosecution becomes political assassination, sanctioned by the US Congress and POTUS. Banana republic.
bobbranco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hank Johnson, Eric Swallwell, Mitt Romney, and Fani Willis level of stupidity.
geoag58
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The bigger question, after Trump is elected and he begins rounding up the lawfare traitors, msm propagandists and traitors in congress where should they be held until sentence is carried out?
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
bobbranco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Sid Farkas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
geoag58 said:

The bigger question, after Trump is elected and he begins rounding up the lawfare traitors, msm propagandists and traitors in congress where should they be held until sentence is carried out?
Unless trump rounds them up himself, nothing will happen. The legal process is corrupt. Democrats and go-along-get-along Republicans never ever face the music for ruining our political system
geoag58
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sid Farkas said:

geoag58 said:

The bigger question, after Trump is elected and he begins rounding up the lawfare traitors, msm propagandists and traitors in congress where should they be held until sentence is carried out?
Unless trump rounds them up himself, nothing will happen. The legal process is corrupt. Democrats and go-along-get-along Republicans never ever face the music for ruining our political system


One of the handy aspects of lawfare is that it allows for sidestepping most of that pesky legal mumbo jumbo.

Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
Gator92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
geoag58 said:

The bigger question, after Trump is elected and he begins rounding up the lawfare traitors, msm propagandists and traitors in congress where should they be held until sentence is carried out?
Guantanamo w/ undeportable illegals.
Im Gipper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is going to go as far as MTG's space laser bill. L

I'm Gipper
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That they're attempting this tells you they fully intend it to happen. They'll pass it at some point.

Completely deranged. They're coming for every single one of us who opposes them.
Canyon Lake Agbu94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The termination of life of the current president will be much easier without the protection. The dominoes are starting to fall.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i am OK with ending SS protection once they are no longer in office. They are no longer president and no longer a part of govt.

Just make the law and have it apply going forward. All current and former presidents are grandfathered into the existing program.
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Of course Trump would be murdered in prison. That's what they want. That's what this is about.

They were able to kill Jeffrey Epstein quite easily when he had no protection.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PCC_80 said:

Quote:

and Extremely Dishonorable Former Protectees Act or the DISGRACED Former Protectees Act.
This tells me that any and all Republican Presidents would lose all protection sooner or later. Dems will show no mercy.
Civil Wars were started for less

Damn, the left just keeps pushing. They must really like their hand (and no I don't expect many libs to even understand that saying).
El Gallo Blanco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Liberals are vile. Consumed with hatred and envy. Shun them, and do not let your children play with their spawn.

Zero of them have a problem with this.
eric76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Key Democrats revealed new legislation Friday that would strip former President Donald Trump of his Secret Service agents if he is convicted and sentenced to prison.
Rep. Bennie G. Thompson, the top Democrat on the House Homeland Security Committee, said it's about making sure Mr. Trump doesn't get special treatment for whatever crime he might be sentenced. He is worried that having to accommodate a Secret Service protective detail could lead to accommodations for a former president.

"It is regrettable that it has come to this, but this previously unthought-of scenario could become our reality," the Mississippi lawmaker said. "Therefore, it is necessary for us to be prepared and update the law so the American people can be assured that protective status does not translate into special treatment and that those who are sentenced to prison will indeed serve the time required of them."
Quote:

He named his bill the Denying Infinite Security and Government Resources Allocated toward Convicted and Extremely Dishonorable Former Protectees Act or the DISGRACED Former Protectees Act.
Under the law, former presidents such as Mr. Trump are given Secret Service protection.

For Mr. Trump, who is both a political candidate and a prosecuted citizen, that's creating new challenges for the agency.
Mr. Trump is standing trial in New York in a case accusing him of violating the law by paying hush money to an adult film actress during the 2016 campaign.
Quote:

Democrats who back the new bill said they believe the legislation is legal and constitutional. They dismissed ex post facto concerns, saying that legal doctrine barring changing the rules after the fact applies only in cases where the law is meant to be punitive.
He's confusing expost facto and bills of attainder but he's a Dem. Knowledge of law and the federal Constitution is always optional with them.

LINK
In what way is this a "bill of attainder' or an "ex post facto" law?

Does it pick out Trump to and make him a criminal? Does it make activity committed by Trump in the past newly criminal?

If passed, can Trump be charged with violating the proposed law and be sanctioned for doing so?
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
Old Sarge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It really is all about the jailing and final elimination of all political opponents. We are about to achieve full Banana Republic, totalitarian, Communist status.

And the left thinks Putin is a killer? They ought to take a good look in the mirror.


The DemocRats ARE a Putin-ist Regime.
"Green" is the new RED.
TTUArmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
geoag58 said:

The bigger question, after Trump is elected and he begins rounding up the lawfare traitors, msm propagandists and traitors in congress where should they be held until sentence is carried out?
I'd ask best Korea's leader if he has any available work camps.
TTUArmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
C@LAg said:

i am OK with ending SS protection once they are no longer in office. They are no longer president and no longer a part of govt.

Just make the law and have it apply going forward. All current and former presidents are grandfathered into the existing program.
Are you dumb or tired? The government dumps huge amounts of intel on presidents. It would make former presidents vulnerable for kidnappings, torture, and ransoms for sensitive information.
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly surprised they haven't already tried to take away his SS detail.
damiond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
leftists are getting ready for their backup plan when trump wins reelection
Glenlivet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And what about President's children that go to jail? Do they lose SS protection as well?
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
geoag58 said:

The bigger question, after Trump is elected and he begins rounding up the lawfare traitors, msm propagandists and traitors in congress where should they be held until sentence is carried out?


Some jail cells are going to open up once the J6 trespassers are pardoned ...
RoadkillBBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
geoag58 said:

The bigger question, after Trump is elected and he begins rounding up the lawfare traitors, msm propagandists and traitors in congress where should they be held until sentence is carried out?
In the same cells the January 6th prisoners have been.
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rapier108 said:

Won't get out of the House unless the Kamikaze Republicans end up giving the Speakership to Hakeem Jeffries.



Don't worry, your boy, Mr 212, seems to be safe. He's got another full 6 months to implement Biden's agenda.
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sid Farkas said:

geoag58 said:

The bigger question, after Trump is elected and he begins rounding up the lawfare traitors, msm propagandists and traitors in congress where should they be held until sentence is carried out?
Unless trump rounds them up himself, nothing will happen. The legal process is corrupt. Democrats and go-along-get-along Republicans never ever face the music for ruining our political system


He's not going to even try to round anyone up.
ArbAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The more we witness what democrats are doing to this country, the more I absolutely despise them! They are subhuman beings!
General Jack D. Ripper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope you understand that if trump is convicted in NY or any of the other trials, they are putting him in prison. I don't think people really understand what kind of "legal" jeopardy Trump is under right now. They may be bumbling fools but they are not playing around.
ArbAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
General Jack D. Ripper said:

I hope you understand that if trump is convicted in NY or any of the other trials, they are putting him in prison. I don't think people really understand what kind of "legal" jeopardy Trump is under right now. They may be bumbling fools but they are not playing around.


I truly hope and believe that if they attempt to jail Trump, a street war will quickly develop. Injustice is the democrats!
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They can't really cover up that they are only doing that because they hope and pray that someone would actually try to kill him.
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They don't hope and pray. They'll do it themselves like they killed Epstein. We all said it would happen and it did. They even turned off the cameras to make it more obvious.
MB19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IIRC- Secret Service protection for former presidents now ends 10 years after they leave office. I believe this was changed while Clinton was president.
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.