Google fires 28 employees involved in sit-in protest over $1.2B Israel contract

6,093 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by techno-ag
WolfCall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congrats Google! Another thumbs up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13341355/Google-fires-20-workers-staff-staged-anti-Israel-protests-CEO-Sundar-Pichai-says-workplace-isnt-politics.html
Quote:

Google fires 20 more workers after staff staged anti-Israel protests as CEO Sundar Pichai says workplace isn't for politics
  • Google has fired at least 20 more workers found to be associated with protests
  • CEO Sundar Pichai denounced protestors for disrupting their coworkers
  • The tech giant has fired around 50 employees over anti-Israel demonstrations
By JAMES CIRRONE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 12:51 EDT, 23 April 2024 | UPDATED: 12:55 EDT, 23 April 2024

Google has fired at least 20 more of its employees for protesting the technology its giving to Israel as the war in Gaza rages on.

This comes after Google fired approximately 30 employees last week after they were arrested for staging sits-ins at the company's offices in Sunnyvale, California and New York City, bringing the total number terminated to around 50.

Google said it fired the additional employees because after an internal investigation, the company identified other staffers who used masks and didn't carry their badges to hide their identities.

No Tech For Apartheid, an organization critical of Google and Amazon's contract with Israel that the fired employees are thought to be associated with, released a statement following the latest terminations.

'Google's aims are clear: the corporation is attempting to quash dissent, silence its workers, and reassert its power over them,' organization spokesperson Jane Chung said in a press release. 'In its attempts to do so, Google has decided to unceremoniously, and without due process, upend the livelihoods of over 50 of its own workers.'....

techno-ag
AG
Don't take your guns to town.

Don't take your politics to work.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Bubblez
too bad so sad
agent-maroon
AG
"reassert its power over them (workers)"

Well, yeah. That's kind of what bosses do.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Shoefly!
AG
ProgN said:

LMCane said:

we are surrounded by the worst sort of villainy and idiocy in American history:

It's a travesty that people like her, that are so f'ing ignorant, get paid handsomely to spew that garbage. I wish I could teleport her back to that festival in Israel on 10/7. They should have to live in the moment and experience what she calls lies.

She Ashole!
Slicer97
AG
techno-ag said:

Don't take your guns to town. - This is not good advice.

Don't take your politics to work. - This is good advice.
techno-ag
AG
Slicer97 said:

techno-ag said:

Don't take your guns to town. - This is not good advice.

Don't take your politics to work. - This is good advice.

Johnny Cash always gave good advice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Take_Your_Guns_to_Town
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.